Guest viewing is limited

PKR Help! Continued pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
:flwrysmile::hi: Just remember all us bone start friends will be with us. We all face some kind issue and we all here for one another. Xxxx I will be praying for u. We all family here
 
BTW, when you have a 'whole body' scan, as a rule it's usually just certain point in the body such as the pelvis, the lumbar spine and the wrist.
 
@Jamie You are so kind. Zip is 46226, but there are lots of codes in the area. My surgeon was not in this zip (sorry, I don't know his). I will take any help you can provide. I can certainly travel out of state if needed, but I wouldn't have a clue how to know if an out of state OS was any good.
I was at church today and the guy behind me had a total knee replacement just 3 weeks ago--he was doing fantastic. Yep, I was jealous. You might know the preacher talked about how life will bring us troubles. :boohoo:But it's our job to pray through. :yahoo: I am sooo working on that. I will be getting more opinions. Will post about scan when I know more. Do doctors have to release x-rays to me? I mean if they are taken in a surgeon's office, are they mine? And do they have to be given to me if I request? What about if they are digital? Would love to have the ones from my surgeon. My sister said he did not take one during surgery.
 
Thanks Janet for info. Hope you were able to sleep in your bed. I actually have to go shopping for a new recliner. I've slept in it since my surgery; it wasn't that great, and I've worn it out. My late Christmas present to myself. Will post info about scan when I find out.
 
Well, I managed to stay in bed all night. I slept for 5 hours straight and then tossed and turned after that. But, my legs have hurt worse today than they have in awhile. I'm reconsidering doing it again tonight.
 
@Sonny'sWife You are so kind. I will take all the prayers you can give. It was great to go to church today. I keep saying, God has something I am supposed to learn from this. My depression would be off the charts without my faith. How are you doing? I may be jealous, but I do wish you the best.
 
The xrays are "yours" in that you can obtain copies of them if you request them. But you might be prepared to pay a cost for the copy. Usually it is provided on a CD-ROM. Ask for that and then you can post them here for Jo to take a look.

I'll do some searching for possible surgeons and see what I can find.
 
Janet, that's awesome that you slept 5 hours! Is your sleeping problem that you keep waking or pain? I find that I can't sleep on my back, never could, but sleeping on my side, even with a pillow, hurts the surgery site. If it didn't hurt to touch the site, I could sleep like a log. Here's to a good night's rest, whether it's in a bed or a recliner. :SUNsmile: Oh, Jamie is sending me some suggestions for revision surgeons. Since you're in the area, let me know if you have any recommendations too. Thanks for your support.
 
Thanks Jamie. Curious, why do I have to pay for x-rays again? Haven't I already paid for them?
 
@forever39 . When you request a copy of your X-rays usually CD. They charge about $10. I know sounds redundant. But when I asked for my X-rays I got all of my body parts to show other surgeons ( hip, knee, shoulder )
Good luck. Susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks. Xxxx Have blessed night.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum ❤️SonnysWife
 
@forever39, after surgery your OS dictated an operative report which includes details about your procedure and your implant (model, size, etc.) Request a copy. You have every right to it.
 
Susanne is right. It's not the actual image you're paying for --- it's LOTS more expensive! It's the copy. It takes time for someone to make the image copy and the cost of the disc. Of course, you'll pay more than that actual cost (time and materials) usually, but that's just the way it is. Usually the cost will be about $10. You're paying also for the convenience of having someone stop whatever they are doing to make the copy for you right then.
 
@Sonny'sWife You are so kind. I will take all the prayers you can give. It was great to go to church today. I keep saying, God has something I am supposed to learn from this. My depression would be off the charts without my faith. How are you doing? I may be jealous, but I do wish you the best.
Thanks forever. I tend to be depressed to but. I know that I have God. U know anything u need I can be a friend.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum ❤️SonnysWife
 
Is your sleeping problem that you keep waking or pain? I find that I can't sleep on my back, never could,
I've actually slept more than 5 hours at a stretch, but on the sofa, not in bed. That was the 1st night I managed to stay in a bed all night, LOL! Since July 28th, the night before I had my first knee done. And I was absolutely miserable all day yesterday for having done it. My legs hurt so bad! So, last night it was back to the recliner for me. I'd rather have a good night in the recliner or sofa than a bad night in a bed anytime. I have never been able to sleep on my back in bed either. But strangely it's no problem on the sofa or the recliner. I think that's because I have my body propped with pillows in such a way that I feel well supported and don't get that feeling of falling.

I don't know of any revision surgeons in the area as I've never researched it. A good bet though would be Ortho Indy as it is a huge orthopedic practice. I had Dr. Randolph there but I'm unaware if he does revisions. Even if they don't have a doc there that does them I guarantee you they could point you to one that does. I hope you don't have to have a revision. I do think it would be a good thing for you to get another opinion of what is going on with your knee though. Heck, any opinion would be good since your doctor won't even talk to you or see you. That's crazy! How were you referred to him originally? Was he recommended by your GP? Maybe you could see your GP and have him/her persuade him to see you about your complaints. I just can't imagine any surgeon, no matter how great their reputation, not being willing to give follow up care.

Keep us up to date! (((hugs)))
 
It's good you're near Indy. That offers a lot more choices than if you were in a small town. So, I take back my warning that you might have to drive to see a revision specialist.

Here are some possibilities for you:

Dr. J. A. Parr
Indiana University Hospital
317-949-9400

broken link removed: https://orthoindy.com/bio-cards/Hellman.pdf
Ortho Indy
317-802-2844

broken link removed: https://www.indianaorthopaedichospital.com/bio-cards/Fisher.pdf
Ortho Indy
317-802-2828

broken link removed: https://www.methodistsports.com/physicians/dr-kevin-condict/
Methodist Sports Medicine
317-817-1200

I don't have personal knowledge of any of these gentlemen, but they did list knee revision (some mentioned complex revisions) as their specialty. That means they would be more likely to correctly diagnose what's going on with your knee. Please let me know your experience with any that you see. We especially like to know the really good doctors that are out there!
 
@Jamie Ortho Indy is where I had my surgeries. I didn't have either of the 2 docs you listed but I'm sure they are great! The private hospital they have there is top notch. I hope @forever39 gets some help soon!
 
Dr. Fisher performing PKR on one of the other doc's at Ortho Indy. *****WARNING
***** Do not watch if you don't want to see an actual surgery.
 
Fascinating !


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom