Guest viewing is limited

THR Heal first, then exercise, then dance!

:loll:
Thanks for the laughs Madame Secretary!! @An54! I can see you are just the kind - (like your occasionally esteemed club Chairwoman)- who enjoys the ole verbal joust and thrust with a slight dash of mischief!

But yes, a good plan to foil the poor stumblers, before they should be lured into the treacherous jaws of the ODIC! So the way I'm reading this is....we are now assembling our very own OCC Intelligence Team. Who will have Top security clearance -- Intel agents who can report back on interlopers, double agents who play both clubs in stealth, and the innocent who are unwittingly abducted into the ODIC. As such, we will be saving countless hippies from months of pain and suffering.

We will lead by example because.... REST IS GOOD.

:bath::ice::sleeep::yawn:
 
@An54 You are of course permitted and encouraged to "ride off in to the sunset" in your successful and restful recovery, but please come back when I am post op, to keep me entertained :heehee: . Your posts are the best medicine, while I await my "date"!! :rotfl:
 
I do believe that it is the OCC's one week anniversary.
The following is an overview of the operations of the OCC during our inaugural week.

The data are encouraging. Membership has rocketed, showing a 500% increase in the first six days since the official launch of the OCC.
.
Our Chair FirstSurgery is embedded in the United States, where she has taken refuge in California. Fires rage around her. We hope to send in reinforcements the moment they are recruited.

We are particularly well-situated in the UK with a highly-placed advisor operating deeply within the BoneSmart infrastructure. Agent Layla's skills are invaluable, as she has the ability to navigate the elaborate byzantine structure--one that has overwhelmed lesser mortals who are half-frozen with fear about their upcoming surgeries. Some of them NEVER find the social forums or games room.

In addition to Agent Layla, we have @bickypeg, Official OCC Ambassador to the United Kingdom, who will work to promote the mandate of the OCC wherever ambassadors roam in cyberspace. All of this naturally takes place between long rests.

Our recent initiative, DEFECT (Diverting Exercisers From Exacerbating Challenging Trauma), has resulted in two pre-surgical agents being assigned to gather information on the Other Side. Their mission: to divert susceptible Pre-Oppers from getting lost in aggressive PT and exercise mazes. Advance Scout @Alitm has been engaged and we are waiting confirmation from @Windsong.
 
@An54 You are of course permitted and encouraged to "ride off in to the sunset" in your successful and restful recovery, but please come back when I am post op, to keep me entertained ...

I'm unlikely to be able to ride very far off into the sunset as I will be facing THR on my left side at some point, so will have to double back, saddle up new horse.
 
I am SO impressed Madame Secretary.... at all of these accomplishments ....and your outstanding organizational skills...why, even naming Operation DEFECT! With subtle perfection!! I have clearly chosen well in staffing the Club's Secretarial position.

We mustn't reveal our deep strategies too openly though, or some lesser scrupulous members of ODIC would be on to us and evade capture and rehabilitation (re-education?). My only concern would be...after compiling all this fine work above --- did you take proper time to REST?? To ice? Elevate? Do something mindless??
 
Last edited:
@Alitm. I'm not sure which procedure she had but something tells me I heard posterior, I think... She's probably about 2-3 yrs older than me but I still find it pretty odd that without playing ice hockey or doing the running broad jump that it could come out with just the wrong moves putting on shoes. The story is making me even MORE "overly cautious" now!!
 
Reporting for duty Madame Secretary @An54! Ready, willing and able to help out with ongoing mission.

Didn’t take me long to find said game room and partake in frivolity!

Excellent Agent Windsong! Your orders will be forthcoming.
.
.

It has become increasingly clear that to prevail with the GRAND GOODNESS of the OCC, we must take a two-pronged approach.
The OCC must not only deflect Pre-Oppers away from the ODIC maze, helping them DEFECT, as it were, but Hippies must also have something to DO . Otherwise they go stir crazy, fall prey, and walk, exercise, cook or vaccuum themselves into injury and setbacks.

This is what the GrandOverArchingEmpress Josephine has known all along--indeed, the whole BoneSmart team--hence all those social and game forums.

But the social room sits there quietly. Occasionally there is the sound of a faint footstep in the distance, a single sentence, then silence again. It is dusk. The wind howls bleakly in the background. A mouse runs by.

Some kind of emigration or resettlement plan is in order for convalescing hippies. I thought a limerick thread might do it, but it's turning more and more into my personal poetry blog.

I know, let's start a Google Map travel tour game ! Find somewhere on the planet--the more outlandish the better, and post the link on the thread. I will go and create that thread now.

https://bonesmart.org/forum/view/social-room.11/
 
Last edited:
I am SO impressed Madame Secretary.... at all of these accomplishments ....and your outstanding organizational skills...why, even naming Operation DEFECT!....

. My only concern would be...after compiling all this fine work above --- did you take proper time to REST?? To ice? Elevate? Do something mindless??

I can assure you that few activities are more restful and mindless than lying on comfortable a bed of pillows and icepacks, and plotting the overthrow of the ODIC.

I almost feel like I have entered my own game of thrones
 
@An54 So pleased that you will have another painless hip sooner vs. later, although that also includes another rehab...which you will absolutely ace and undertake in complete avoidance of the ODIC (not on your google maps)! Busy now, but will have to plan a visit to the games room!
Hope you are getting the rain...we are thank goodness!
Wishing you a healing and restful weekend.
:flwrysmile:
 
@An54 "....and plotting the overthrow of the ODIC"

That one had me laughing out loud, very loudly! Husband is confused to find me laughing so much reading a hip replacement forum .....and is starting to get worried about my mental hygiene.

Agent Windsong and Agent Alitm sound suited up and ready for action.

Hahahahahahaha, I will get a lot of giggles over that line though! :heehee:

We may need to upgrade your Title to Madame General!
 
We may need to upgrade your Title to Madame General!

I think I'd prefer something along an equivalency (?) of the Head of MI6 . or would that be MI5? The trick in titles is to be pleasingly hierarchical, giving a sense of history and tradition, a splash of Intelligence, ideally along with a dollop of Diplomacy, 2 cups of Power (for good, not evil), and very faint hints of Game of Thrones. The last ingredient can be substituted with a dusting of Fairy Tales, or a throwaway passing mention of a Palace garden party or dinner at Clarence House for the UK contingent.
 
Director of Intelligence Operations? DIO. MIO. :)

Oops, forgot the fairy tale factor.

Director of Intel Operations & Her 7 Dwarfs? .
What Big Eyes You Have Director of Intelligence Operations ??
 
Last edited:
R.I.C.E

Relax
ice
chill
elevate

You could have a crack team of trained Daleks running around on your behalf - their mission, “Elevate, Elevate”!

The Chief of Chill (COC) ummm - maybe not!
 
LOL! You all are too funny! While I've pretty much avoided the ODIC club, I believe your messages are important to all of us. I tend to get cocky about what I think I can do and the reminders keep my grounded on pacing myself. I love the mission statements and I think @Mojo333 - captured my mantra: "Just because you can doesn't mean you should"! My OS told me at the last visit, "be scared" and choose not to if there's even a trace of doubt about something. I keep wanting to try getting on the floor but am waiting for "permission". This is a time when my other favorite phrase must be abandoned, "it's easier to get forgiveness than permission". I'm afraid new hippie won't go along with that so stay scared!

Lurking here for your humor and reminders to be mindful and pace myself! Thanks!:heehee:
 
@Windsong Yes, I am laughing a lot when reading the wonderful humour that folks going through this are maintaining, even on the initial stretch post op. I'm getting a few "looks" from my husband too!!! :heehee:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom