TKR Hawkie's Sunbeam Journey

You sound great! Yay! Glad your other knee is behaving. I think my non-TKR knee is stronger than it was before surgery because I am now more active. I am also glad I got my left knee done so that it will be strong when I get the second one done. Glad you are doing so well and wishing you a calm second half of the year!
:cheers:
 
Well the knees like it when I sing and coo to them; they balk at harsh sounds :-)

Thanks for the great support, you guys rock!
 
I am so happy you have recovered well! I too know at some point I will have to have my left done, but trying to lose some pounds to keep it at bay as long as I can. Surgery recovery is not fun! I understand now why they say you should get both done at once. My right is good, just hurts after too much exercise, but not the knee, just muscles and ligaments around the knee. Losing pounds is hard too thought! Keep up the good work and take care!
I had shots before too, but the last round in my right did not help, that is when I elected to have surgery!
 
I had to take a gratitude moment on Saturday. I casually stated that I didn't have a problem walking quite a distance. I stopped and reflected on that statement, I got full. I. DON'T. HAVE. A. PROBLEM. WALKING! It has been many years since I could say that.
 
Now, that's a praise! What a wonderful announcement!
 
Hi! It has been a while since I posted. All is well. I drove to Florida last month and got caught in a hurricane, a story for another day. All in all we were fine.

I'm at 17 months post TKR and the knee behaves without much thought. Most days I can do absolutely everything I want to do though kneeling is still weird and carrying heavy loads is a strain. The feeling has come back in the numb section though it feels very different from the rest of the leg. I still have some pain walking down steps but nothing that stops me, it just makes be shift a bit and only steps with unusual spacing. The right knee is behaving and actually shows sign of improvement (or slowed deterioration). Docs are surprised that its holding up without any treatment (no injections, no NSAIDs, no painkillers, no icing, etc.).

I had some back/hip pain and saw a chiroprator for a couple months. He helped me get back into alignment after years of protecting one or both knees. Life is good and I'm looking for @newlybionic to schedule that Art Museum trip.
 
Wonderful news that you are doing so well! I'm a bit behind you but I am slowly getting there. My youngest moved to Philly. I haven't been there yet but maybe in the near future. I'll PM you when I might be there.
 
Hi Hawk,

It has been awhile. Glad to hear you are doing so well. I'm about where you are. My non-TKR knee is better than it was now that my TKR knee is so much stronger, but I continue to have pain/discomfort descending stairs of a certain height. No problem going down.

I guess I'm fine with it at this point.

Good to hear your report.
 
Hi everyone. I hope my sunbeams are well. A friend is doing her knee and I'll introduce her here and I know you will all take great care of her :-)

21 months from my TKR and most is really GOOD. I am off the NSAIDs and can do most activity but avoid running (the only thing that I run for is the occasional bus). I've recently been working on kneeling and planking. I can now feel the entire "numb area" but it still not completely back. The signal to the brain is a bit muted in the center. Some stairs still cause a jolt but not much pain. I just have that weird twist at times that I adopted to protect the knee. I concentrate to not twist when I descend stairs but sometimes the muscle memory takes over, years of avoiding pain. I am absolutely happy I replaced the knee and grateful to the fantastic support from you all. You understood when no one else did. The things I gave up because of what I assumed was age related reluctance was actually knee related reluctance. Should the need arise, I will quickly do the other so as not to lose too much time.
 
I see that many of the old gang have moved on but I'll start my next journey here before moving to the pre-op section.

All is good, time to do the right knee. :fingersx:
 
Welcome back! Best wishes on this next surgery!
 
Back
Top Bottom