Revision TKR Having my revision tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wishing you the very best on your new surgery, keeping you in my prayers. Valerie

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk
 
Wishing you an uneventful surgery, see you here later tomorrow,
 
Well, surgery was Monday and I'm just now feeling up to chatting with you fine folks. Everything went well....they did keep me one additional night. I I just wasn't ready to go home. Finding out that it really IS better to have at least one good knee when doing this!

I was pain and nausea free until the nerve block wore off and then had some trouble.....it was hard to get pain under control but yesterday was MUCH better. Now I'm fighting the nausea.....but, I'm not one bit blue so,for that, I am very happy! That's what I worry about most.....if you feel sad, it's hard to pull out of!

My little dog was THRILLED to see me and hasn't left my side. They really do know when we don't feel good! He's a good friend. Speaking of friends....my husband has been on vacation this week...what a blessing. He only had two days off for my revision.....I'm liking not having to do chores!
 
So glad all went well. Dogs are the best. So sympathetic.
 
Hi @Cindy knits
Welcome again to the recovery area.
Since it's been a while since your initial surgery, i'm going to give you the the recommended recovery reading list again. Most of the articles are fairly short.

First are the BoneSmart mantras ..- the recovery philosophy
- rest, elevate, ice and take your pain meds by the clock
- if it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physiotherapist (PT) - to do it to you
- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again
- if you won't die if it's not done, don't do it
- never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can go to sleep!
- be active as much as you need to be but not more than is necessary, meaning so much that you end up being in pain, exhausted or desperate to sit down or lie down!

Next is a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) thread.

And here are some very crucial articles
The importance of managing pain after a TKR and the pain chart
Myth busting: no pain, no gain
Swollen and stiff knee: what causes it?
Activity progression for TKRs

Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of TKR recovery
Energy drain for TKRs
Elevation is the key
Ice to control pain and swelling

Home physio (PT) and activity progress: suggestions
Myth busting: the "window of opportunity" in TKR
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

And then some wise words from members who have shared their experiences ...
Where are you in recovery?? (TKR)
Five “P’s” of knee recovery
TKR: work “smarter” and not “harder”
Recovering a knee - from one who knows!
It's never too late to get more ROM!
It's worth the wait for ROM

Best wishes for you continuing progress.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom