Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Having my revision tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my first PT yesterday....felt so encouraged!! It went well and I even felt up to coming home and fixing my first meal. My husband was pleased!
 
I went to PT today and came home so encouraged! I rode the bike and they worked me for 1 1/2 hours! I left feeling like I just might survive this! :)).

Also, I've switched to a cane which at least gives me more mobility! Things are looking up!
 
I love PT. The therapists have been great. Responsive to my questions and very helpful in addressing areas of concern. I'm so happy to hear you found it encouraging, too!
 
I agree Jean....and I work harder for them than I do at home! I went to my post op appt and got the go ahead to do what I want, including driving. I came home thinking.....hey, I still don't WANT to do anything!!!!

I don't think I'm ready to drive just yet....I'm not even two weeks out, but I have PT Monday and I'm betting I'll be ready for that. That is exactly two weeks out.....
 
Sounds perfectly normal. What you're supposed to be doing now is resting. Your body is sucking all your energy into healing, and you will be exhausted quickly when you try to do anything for a few weeks yet. Rest and let the healing progress.
 
I had a bit of a set back yesterday....I know I did too much. My OS gave me the ok to do whatever I wanted so I thought I had a green light. Turns out, it was a yellow light. Did two loads of laundry, cleaned the bathrooms, and and handful of other chores and spent the rest of the day icing and feeling anxious. I know it's a temporary, setback, but every time something like this happens I think.....what's wrong? Something must be wrong!

I need to be more positive and trust.....today, I'm sure things will be better today!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Cindy. So you've joined the ODIC - the Over Did It Club.
We all do it, as we do have to learn for ourselves what our limits are.

Not to worry. It's only a temporary set back.
Some extra Rest, Ice and Elevation for a few days will put you right again.
 
Hi @Cindy knits

We all do it, joint the ODIC club. Myself included. I should know better!!! Just rest, ice, elevate and take your pain meds. You'll be good as new in no time. Thing is you don't know your capabilities unless we push now and again. I totally understand.

Please take care x
Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Pacing, Cindy. Pacing.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
I'm not sure I've learned a darn thing....I still push myself to get things done but I take lots (and I mean LOTS) of breaks. I've pretty much gotten back to all my household chores....just finished vacuuming and I'm wondering if I can mop the floors. Suddenly we have a lot of hardwood....why did I think this was such a good idea?

But my one great accomplishment... I'm back to knitting! I can finally concentrate enough to pick it up again! I think maybe, just maybe, I will keep my sanity! ❤️❤️❤️❤️


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow braver than me. I with tasked lots breaks would be out of it. And not able to walk with knees. They be as big as a elephant. I'm just sitting. And I've been in a mess. Knitting wow. Lol I can't do that. I don't have no kind of crafty skills.

You should show some of skills.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Maybe pick one chore per day only.
 
Hi guys....I have been progressing very well. Some days better than others but all in all. I'm doing fine. I struggle with getting overwhelmed and a bit blue but even that seems better. But now, I'm getting ready to have my left knee done on Monday. I sometimes wonder what I've gotten myself into.....I will be checking in often to get a dose of encouragement and I want you to know....I don't know that I could do this again without this site! REALLY...ITS TRUE!
 
I am considering having my second knee done soon. I will be watching and rooting for you. You are my hero.
 
Good luck, you'll be fine. You know what you're going to be doing. You're a very brave lady xxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom