Revision THR Has anyone ever heard of late onset metal hypersensitivity in a ceramic on ceramic hip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sarah...thanks for stopping by!

I've been watching your thread and I'm so happy that you are rocking that hip! Good for you. And being lighter is always a nice present to give our hips. Now that I am going with a Titanium neck I have all the more motivation to stay lean. I guess I'll forego body building and getting MASSIVE!!! :happydance:

I do hope to be getting about well by the holidays...and if not I'll have ample family around to wait on me hand and foot!! (kids home from college and the like)

I hope your holiday season is lovely as well. Take advantage of this new lease on life we have and enjoy the heck out of it!

Z
 
Hi John,

Just wanted to check in and see if you are all set for this week. I'll be thinking of you on the 5th and hoping your surgery goes smoothly and that you take it easy upon returning home.

Take care,
Cardie
 
Me too John! Been thinking your date was soon - thanks Cardie for the reminder. Lots of your BoneSmart buddies anxious to see you through this and getting on with life. Please update when you can!
 
Good luck Z, I emailed you, hope you get it in time xx
 
Thanks for the good thoughts folks. I leave for the hospital at 4AM Thursday for a noon surgery. I hope to be eating chicken pot pie at dinner!

I'll keep you posted.

I still hike 3-ish miles in the mountains these days but will admit to slowing down on other exercises this time around. :sorry: Knowing that all my hard work is about to be undone (with a scalpel) was a bit demoralizing, but I promised myself that I'd make up for it after the next surgery. :happydance:

Thank you for checking in,

Z
 
Best of luck for your revision Z ! Will be thinking of you. Try to take it easy for your recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
 
Just read your posts for the first time. You've endured so much with an amazingly positive attitude.
Wishing you the best on Thursday and a speedy recovery.
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: Z15
Hello Z, just dropping by to wish you all the best for Thursday. I won't forget as that is the day I have my chemo injection (sorry, shot). I've been on chemo in tablet form up to now, which hasn't been too bad so far. Can't quite decide which I'd rather be having - your surgery or my poison!

Well, I just hope you take it easy afterwards and don't rush into all that exercise you did last time. I sill remember footage of you doing star jumps in the snow!

Take care, now. I'll be rooting for you.

Jane x
 
Jane,

As I've said, you are the poster child for intestinal fortitude. You roll with the punches and keep on going like few people I see.

Unfortunately this hip surgery thing is feeling a bit too routine for me at the moment. I have to prod myself to make sure I am dotting the I's and crossing the T's and not just going through the motions with my surgeon's prep protocol.

I hope your injection goes well...not sure if I mentioned that my wife is an Oncology Nurse and chemo is most of what she does. I hope your experience is a very good one and the outcome is awesome. I'll keep a good thought for you on Thursday.

Z
 
Z,
Good luck on Thursday!! Know that we are all pulling for you and look forward to hearing about your delicious chicken pot pie:) Keep us up to date
Dee
 
Thursday....hurray! Then moving only forward. To good things.

And welshjane the same sentiment to you too.

Holding both of you....and a bunch of others....in my thoughts.
Sharon
 
Z....best wishes for an easy time of it on Thursday. My thoughts and prayers are going to be headed your way before the sun comes up!!! Four a.m......makes me shake!
 
@pz15 welshjane. Wishing you both the very, very best outcomes for Thursday...you both sound amazing, positive people! With best wishes ..Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Good luck on thursday Z hope everything goes well for you.Will be thinking of you and hope you have a good recovery all the best
Terry
 
Thanks all.

"Four a.m......makes me shake!" And Jamie...that will be sans coffee!! YUK:mcoffee:

My kitties will be waiting for me when I get home...and so anxious to get up on my lap!! :shocked: And despite the soreness and discomfort, who could say no when they just want to comfort their friend... :kittykiss:

Z
 
You know I got your back also Z. It is in my calendar and I am ready to send out some positive vibes for a smooth surgery. You have been so inspirational and supportive of others that it is coming back at ya two fold. I will never forget those little videos of you doing your sidestep training (and thinking holy &$%# , how the heck can he do that already?)

...and that "sans coffee" is what makes me shake haha
Will be thinking about you
Cathy
 
Thanks Cathy....hopefully I'll be clear headed enough to monitor your surgery. I see a lot of folks on this site who discontinue the pain meds way sooner than I tend to, so I'll likely still be "under the influence" on the 18th when you go in...but we'll see.

I'll mangle my friends quote but it goes something like, "you don't get bonus points for suffering without pain meds".

You and me Cathy.... VERMONT STRONG :friends:
 
Hey Z - sending lots of good vibes for Thursday! Bring on some good Morphine :)

Love to welsh jane & Cathy too!
 
Hello to my BS friends

wheeled off to the OR around noon and walked from gurney to bed ( post recovery) around 4:30.

I had my chicken pot pie and have done a couple laps on crutches as well as couple sets of stairs

I actually have been up since 2:30 AM for the drive to Boston so I'm feeling more than a tad exhausted, but feeling great and ready to move on to my next chapter

I'm so thankful that modern medicine and caring providers exist.... oh and for great friends on Bonesmart.

Z
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom