Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection Hamstring tight

I'm going to tag our forum nurse director, @Josephine, to come chat with you since you both are in the UK. There shouldn't be a question about infection. You either have it or you don't. She may be able to recommend someone different for you to see so you can get the pain issue resolved.
 
I'm going to tag our forum nurse director, @Josephine, to come chat with you since you both are in the UK. There shouldn't be a question about infection. You either have it or you don't. She may be able to recommend someone different for you to see so you can get the pain issue resolved.
Been to hospital today for results no infection however radio isotope pick up in bone could be an indication of a loose joint but they suggest that I persevere for 6 months as he still regards things as early days so onward

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
 
I walked 4 miles on Thursday not far really but in the night my knee was so swollen and painful, I try not to rely on painkillers and weaned myself off Tramadol after 2 years of 8 a day but the pain can't be right can it? Sometimes imagine I would be better off without the leg! The registrar suggested no more than two miles walking a day but that's more or less sitting down for the rest of my life, on the other hand I have developed a frozen shoulder so the pain from that kinda takes my mind off the knee. Would it benefit to use a walking stick or is that just covering up an underlying problem?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
 
Hi Diddy if it feels more comfortable using a walking stick then I can see no reason not to use one to take little pressure off the knee I don’t have any medical knowledge but I do know with my first tkr I used a walking stick for a long time my knee went through stage of giving way and using stick just made me feel more confident I had a lot of pain I. My hamstrings too and my husband would gently massage the leg as suggested in one of your earlier posts just when I got into bed and it helped relax the muscles also and this was a suggestion from another forum member that actually worked for me and that was tonic water a drink at night helped restlessness I have no idea why and maybe it was all in my mind also another thing that I found help was hydrotherapy I went once week for ten weeks and will do same this time with second knee it was a gentle warm environment to exercise the knee under guidance of pt no pushing too far just gentle exercise that helped
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom