TKR greeneyedtattedgirl's recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the panic and anxiety that has been a large part of my recovery trying to get outside helps me trying to find things to fill the time reading TV movies and checking back on this site has helped me a lot I was done on June 11 and each day I just look for the forward progress I have my first PT on Tuesday and hope that experience go is better than yours let me know if I can help with anything


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thank you Janet, today has been a very emotional day. Filled with ups and downs.
I just feel off, im tired, heat is making my anxiety worse as I already feel like I cant breathe at times. I feel very weak today even though I ate and drank water. Prob exhaustion from not sleeping at night. Thank you for taking time to reply to me.
Sheila

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I felt like I related to your post right away I know that anxiety and panic and we can get through it I look forward to hearing more in hearing more of the positive of both of our journeys
 
@greeneyedtattedgirl, I have not been on your thread lately and I am not getting alerts from it. Sorry I have not visited. You are having a heck of a time and I am sorry for that. Physical pain is enough to deal with and with the added anxiety, you have a lot to deal with. I hope your hubby is helping.

Do you have friends and family that can come by and help with the monotony of your day? I know some people are fine with being alone but if you are like me, I enjoy some down time but I am energized when spending time chatting with others. Even if it is on-line.

I wish I could give you resources in your area. You do need to see someone who specializes in anxiety issues for sure. Your GP should be able to refer someone. I lived in Nova Scotia from 67 - 76. My dad was in the air force and was posted in Greenwood, in the Annapolis Valley. Such a beautiful part of our country.

Hope your week gets better. Please keep us posted on how things are going.
 
@Greeneyeddattedgirl thinking about you today hope you are having a better day and enjoying some time outside and some relaxation just going to my first physical therapy this afternoon I will be three weeks out tomorrow from June 11 surgery and I feel like my physical therapy was the shower I took this morning have a good day thinking about you


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
There is a good book about anxiety and panic attacks.. It can be ordered online at Amazon.com.... Get *Hope and Help For Your Nerves* by Dr. Claire Weeks....Its an old book but its easy reading and shows how you can get over those feelings. Good luck to you always.
 
@Greeneyeddattedgirl thinking about you today hope you are having a better day and enjoying some time outside and some relaxation just going to my first physical therapy this afternoon I will be three weeks out tomorrow from June 11 surgery and I feel like my physical therapy was the shower I took this morning have a good day thinking about you


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Hi Janet
I spoke to my councillor yesterday, I was in such a state Monday I was TERRIFIED couldn't make decisions alot of pain and +++ anxiety she talked me through the fear of taking my meds and made med suggestions for the day around my meds..... I ended up having a wonderful day. Spent with Hubby Cole quick errands last one resulting in almost passing out again but it worked out. Had visit from eldest daughter and oldest grandson in afternoon we sat out on the deck most of the day. Next to no panic or anxiety. Even slept a little last night.
Have PT today and tomorrow. Also seeing GP today at 5pm to discuss pain meds. How was your PT? I was very gentle with exercises over past two days. Due to excessive swelling despite I have been elevated and icing non stop and taking naproxen. Well here's to wishing for another good day. All the best tomorrow, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sheila


Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
 
@greeneyedtattedgirl, I have not been on your thread lately and I am not getting alerts from it. Sorry I have not visited. You are having a heck of a time and I am sorry for that. Physical pain is enough to deal with and with the added anxiety, you have a lot to deal with. I hope your hubby is helping.

Do you have friends and family that can come by and help with the monotony of your day? I know some people are fine with being alone but if you are like me, I enjoy some down time but I am energized when spending time chatting with others. Even if it is on-line.

I wish I could give you resources in your area. You do need to see someone who specializes in anxiety issues for sure. Your GP should be able to refer someone. I lived in Nova Scotia from 67 - 76. My dad was in the air force and was posted in Greenwood, in the Annapolis Valley. Such a beautiful part of our country.

Hope your week gets better. Please keep us posted on how things are going.

Thank you 71Beetle you are so kind. Unfortunately I have very few people in my circle of support other than hubby and daughters. Both busy working all day. I have sought out help with the anxiety via phone councelling and will see someone in person next week that specializes in my current issues. Had a great day yesterday although Monday was one of the worse. My phone councillor helped tremendously yesterday. Have PT today and tomorrow. Also seeing GP today re pain med options. Wowed you lived in the Valley sooooo beautiful there, aprox 1.5 hours away from me. My hubby has family there in Greenwood.
Have a wonderful day.

Sheila

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
 
Hi Sheila,

Pleased to hear that yesterday was a good day. I do hope the good days start to outnumber the bad for you. It sounds like you are taking the right steps and I am happy that you are seeing a specialist next week.

How was your Canada Day? My family is up north so I was alone at home but went for lunch with a friend and then my brother and his wife came to visit (they live next door). Did not have to go anywhere to see fireworks as my neighbours had a fantastic display that went on for some time.

I will be thinking about you and sending positive vibes your way. Take care.
 
Hi Janet
I spoke to my councillor yesterday, I was in such a state Monday I was TERRIFIED couldn't make decisions alot of pain and +++ anxiety she talked me through the fear of taking my meds and made med suggestions for the day around my meds..... I ended up having a wonderful day. Spent with Hubby Cole quick errands last one resulting in almost passing out again but it worked out. Had visit from eldest daughter and oldest grandson in afternoon we sat out on the deck most of the day. Next to no panic or anxiety. Even slept a little last night.
Have PT today and tomorrow. Also seeing GP today at 5pm to discuss pain meds. How was your PT? I was very gentle with exercises over past two days. Due to excessive swelling despite I have been elevated and icing non stop and taking naproxen. Well here's to wishing for another good day. All the best tomorrow, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sheila


Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
My physical therapy went well no real pain but afterwords I barely got home I was so tired just don't have any stamina yet I am so happy you had a great day one can lead to many more


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@greeneyedtattedgirl I have not visited your thread lately. I was so concerned for you when you first started posting and then to be honest all last week I was in terrible panic over my life and events that have made this recovery impossible, at best. I have to believe it will get better for both of us. I don't have a big support system either and a good friend I have is pretty fed up with the slowness of all of this. I get the panic. I will try to check in more. Your panic/anxiety will get better. Use whatever resources you can from people who really get this!
~~hopefaith
 
@greeneyedtattedgirl, I just read your thread and am so sorry you 're having a rough time. I certainly hope each day gets better for you. Thinking of you & take care!

Gina
 
Good Morning every one, just a quick update, had PT yesterday am now at an assisted 96° ROM I can peddle the bike on low setting all the way around. And I had visit with GP also yesterday 're meds for anxiety and pain. He eased my mind on my overwhelmed fear of the pain meds. I was going to try and switch from my low dose dilauded to tramadol? Spelling. But my insurance will not cover anything in that family of meds. So I will continue with my Bromazepam for anxiety ans 1-2mg of dilauded during the day which is working enough and 4mg @ night to help me sleep. I am proud to say I am anxiety and tear free for two whole days now. Hoping today will be three. Have PT again today usually dont have two days in a row but due to our holiday here in Canada this Past Tuesday my schedule was changed. Wishing everyone a happy pain free day.



Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
 
@greeneyedtattedgirl
Soooo glad your GP is really hearing you about the anxiety!
I am amazed that insurance doesn't cover tramadol. I am glad for you that the anxiety is letting up. It definitely is a process. Be patient with yourself.
Warmly,
Hopefaith
 
Very happy to hear about your two good days in a row! Anxiety is a I real problem for me and it feels so good to have times without it. Please be kind to yourself and I hope today goes well.

Christie
 
Very happy to hear about your two good days in a row! Anxiety is a I real problem for me and it feels so good to have times without it. Please be kind to yourself and I hope today goes well.

Christie

Thank you Christie, I am happy to say day 3 yeaaaa
I am sorry to hear you are suffering as well. The past three days I have come to terms its ok to take my pain meds in an amt I am comfortable with and that controls my pain. I am also taking a anti anxiety medication Bromazepam. I really struggled with taking narcotics. I had a great talk with my GP and we came up with a plan that works for me so far and I am comfortable with. I have come to realize poor pain control not only slows your recovery, the slower recovery, leads to increased anxiety for me!
I wish you all the best and Happy Days.
Please stay in touch.
Sheila

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
 
It's so good to hear that your GP listened to you and was helpful. I'm really glad you are starting to feel better. :friends:
 
Week 10 I am still at 95 ROM. Had a bad weekend after using new piece equipment at PT On Friday dont know what its called you sit and pull padded form foreword and backward used 5lbs weight. Spent weekend and Monday not being able to move barley walk. Tried to explaine the severity of pain and swelling to my therapist and I swear she was looking right through me and nodding not really listening to me! I took it easy today but already im swollen. She wants me stretching knee as much as possible to improve ROM. I only have 5 weeks before I have to return to work full time argh very stressed!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom