Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

Got my fish back and mounted it on a cool stump I dragged out of the pond myself.
My new hips have made my life So So Much better.
Even with the world's problems, I always want to remain Grateful.
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy
 
What a great idea for mounting. Like you, every time I do things around the house or yard I am so thankful that the pain is gone and the hips and knees let me do what I want or need to do.
 
Still warm enough to swim so after a nice day off thef swimming and floating, I helped my brother in law with his boat shelter addition.
I think it took me two years before I got up the nerve to get up on a ladder but my legs are strong and better than ever.
Jeez...just noticed in the pic, I've only got one leg:rotfl:
I promise you I have two.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy
    rps20201012_080517.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 260
Happy thanks giving from Germany, too, @Mojo333 . Your pictures - the fish and you on the ladder - look fun. Enjoy swimming while you can. No swimming for me at the moment. Indoor pools closed until further notice. Too cold to swim in the lakes. Temperatures just above freezing. But I can still cycle and run. Did the virtual Frankfurt Marathon in October in 5 hours 36 minutes, entered the result on the virtual Frankfurt Marathon website and uploaded my certificate.

Best wishes to you!

Constanze
 
Thanks for the hipversary well wishes.:roseshwr:
Yes, I spent my May 1 supervising a wonderful group of middle schoolers for some sorely needed spring cleaning at the Food Bank.

Over four years ago, I would only describe my day to day life as miserable and depressing. I was sleep deprived and always hurting.

My new hips have given me my life back. I dash about most days and though there are always things to be concerned about...my hips are Good.
I think I will always be more careful than I was before regarding high impact or high risk activities...jumping down from heights, etc. because I do want these hips to be my forever hips.
Still grateful.:chuckmarch:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy

Today is my 58th Birthday.
Not Soliciting Birthday wishes just a post that hopefully inspires.
I was feeling 98 four and 1/2 years ago before bilateral hip replacement.
I feel like I'm 38 now ♡
My hips get a workout everyday keeping our local food bank alive.
Put on a few lbs (what is with this older metabolism?) but still Grateful Double Hippy.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom