Guest viewing is limited

TKR Gramanator57's Second Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel your pain on the wand!! I was in tears. That was the day I threw up on the way home from the pain of the ultrasound. Glad it is over for you!
 
So I am almost at the end of the rehab portion of my recovery.
I can't believe it is December 14th!!!! The days have just flowed into each other in a blur.
Aside from the Poop Fairy running away after being a regular visitor, everything seems to be going well.
I still have a good amount of pain around my knee, but it is less tight and hot than the first one, I think because there was less crookedness to correct.
It feels good to have two solid legs to stand on. I have started walking with a cane instead of the walker, though I don't think I will be abandoning the latter completely for quite a while.
YAY!!!!
I am so ready to be home and to have a bit more of a normal life!
( My Darling Man is also tired of being on his own...he's been such a trooper!!!!)
It is so good to have the support here. I couldn't imagine going through this without everyone here!!!!)

:loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
It sounds like you are doing great! That darn Poop Fairy! :chuckmarch: He is the bane of our existence! Are you taking stool softeners and Miralax? That is the only way I can get the fairy visiting. EVERY day I mix my cranberry juice cocktail. I hope you get that part of your journey straightened out. Going home will be a welcome next step!
When do you go?
 
Good to hear you're doing well and a little closer to home. I managed de-friend poop fairy who was quickly replaced by the poop troll! :bricks: :yikes: I have since wrestled him out of existence and pleased to say the fairy is once again my best friend. :flwrysmile: It took nearly 5 weeks to get her back though!!
 
You will need to keep taking stool softeners and probably something stronger as well, for as long as you are taking te strong pain meds. Doing that keeps the poop fairy friendly and helpful.

When are you due to go home? It sounds as if you'r ready, so why not ask if you can go?
 
Ahhh, the elusive Poop Fairy.
I was doing really well until two days ago. I've been wrestling with my intestines ever since!
I've started Miralax and colace with no appreciable effect.
Trying Milk of Magnesia now...time will tell!

@Kelpie
Those bricks look very accurate! :holysheep:

@Timetolive and @Celle
I am out of here tomorrow morning.
I got the staples removed this morning...not fun, but such a great milestone!

:dancy: :dancy: :dancy: :dancy:
 
Can you get hold of some kiwifruit? They're great for curing constipation.
 
Hi gramanator57!
Glad to read your news. My recovery has been somewhat uneventful. . Which is great.. just pain.swelling and medicine side effects. 2 weeks under our belts. Bending is still difficult. Lots of ice..elevation and boredom naps..
Love reading all the stories. Can't wait to see some leaps and bounds come to rt knee. Take care. Keep posting. Glad there were no clots.

left knee 9/21/15
right knee 11/30/15
 
@Celle
I was unaware of the Poop-Fairy-Attracting qualities of the kiwi.
I will have the Darling Man get some for me!!

@theresav
We seem to be having good recoveries...I hope yours continues on a smooth path!!

Looking ahead to an active and pain-free future...it's out there, just a bit more down the road!!

:egypdance:
 
Some hospitals here in NZ have 2-litre bottles of KiwiCrush. They give you a glass of that and it almost always makes the poop fairy come visiting. I asked my husband to buy me some kiwifruit and he liquidized them. Good result!
Kiwifruit are full of fibre and they're also packed with Vitamin C.

We call them kiwifruit here, because we have the genuine kiwis, which are flightless birds.
 
Just catching up on your recovery thread. Glad to hear you're doing so well, and I hope your recovery continues that way. The poop topic is a fairly hot one at my house since I had surgery. Seems everyone wants to get in on the conversation. It's always a minor miracle when things work the way they're meant to. Kiwifruit works for me, so enjoy! Better than taking a bunch of stuff from a bottle.
Take good care :SUNsmile:
 
Nice to catch up on your thread @Gramanator57! so glad your recovery is going well after a couple of hiccups. Don't forget prunes as well for the poop fairy I have been taking 5 a day and some fiber gummy bears and it's working well. I will have to tr the kiwis I like them very much as well.
Take care
 
Hey ..The doctor always asks about it (especially with all the added meds 'I'm on now) so Poop must be important..LOL,we have to have a sense of humor going through all this:)
 
Miralax is nothing short of miraculous if you need help. Dissolves in juice or water. Drink fast and expect results!

left knee 9/21/15
right knee 11/30/15
 
Hi Bonesmart Peeps!
I've passed the three week point and as long as the Poop Fairy stays in the neighborhood, things are going pretty well.

I joined the illustrious ODIC...and I didn't even do anything fun!!! :doh:
I just over-puttered around the house.
I actually slept for 11 hours lat night...interrupted by taking pain meds and using the bathroom...but at least I fell back asleep each time.

I am a little concerned that knee #1 is hurting almost as much as the new one.
It is mostly muscle pain, right above my knee cap. I hope it is just that it has to be the "strong one" for the first week or two. I worry that it hurts (5-7 when I go from sitting to standing) when I'm still on Norco...

Now I just have to pace myself carefully through my simplified Christmas...

I hope all my Bonesmart friends have a lovely holiday!!!

:santa sleigh:
 
Great to hear you are doing so well. You may be putting more stress on other knee than you think..I'm sure it will even out.
I'm doing about the same as you. Sleeping better..getting around and keeping Christmas super simple.

left knee 9/21/15
right knee 11/30/15
 
Hello Bonesmart Peeps!!
I've been in a weird place mentally...probably mild depression, so I apologize for not keeping up with you as much as I would have liked. I am just weary of recovering!
I also feel a bit guilty feeling this way when I see so many of you all struggling with really challenging issues.

I am actually happy with having both knees done 15 weeks apart...I can move better, my legs are magically straight instead of severely knocked, I have had little segments of time with barely any pain.
Having life revolving around recovery just. seems. endless.

I have to start job hunting soon. It is frustrating seeing job postings come and go that I can't apply for quite yet.

On the good side, I am extremely grateful that because my PT continued right up to my second surgery, my disability insurance company has just determined that they will continue paying me through the second recovery, which was a total surprise, since I am no longer even paying for coverage any more. So I am double embarrassed at being bummed out having been at least temporarily spared from real financial hardship.

Upon re-reading this, I am so tempted to delete the whole whiny thing.

On the other hand, it's my post-holiday, dark January reality...

(Has anyone found a fast-forward button yet? I think that's all I need)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom