Guest viewing is limited

TKR Gramanator57's Second Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gramanator57! , the narcotics caused my blood pressure, oxygen, sodium levels and a couple other things to go down. And I was anemic. But, as soon as I got off the narcotics, everything leveled out. I'm expecting that again when I get my 2nd knee done in a week but I'm not giving up that morphine for the first couple days!

Hope your recovery continues to progress well and the pain levels decrease quickly.
 
I also had/have more pain in the back of my second TKR knee. The last time my meniscus tore, a piece broke off inside and locked my knee causing a flexion contracture. I couldn't straighten for over a month while awaiting replacement, figure that was contributory. These issues resolve over time, but the process isn't fun. Glad to hear of your progress. Baby steps!
 
I had terrible pain in the back of my knee also. When I had the doppler, there was some fluid back there. It is all working out now that some of my swelling is going down in the back of the knee. Glad the pain is down - even for a bit.
 
It really is amazing how different our knees can be!!!
I had no pain at all on the back of my first knee...so this was a surprise!
It seems to be improving as the day goes on.
I finally got a look of my leg...almost no bruising!
Thankful for that!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Timetolive my day started out fine. I was looking forward to going to rehab (I know, I'm weird)
I was just finishing breakfast, when my heart started fluttering and racing.
I ended up having an eposode of A-Fib.
Did a bunch of tests, got a dose of a beta blocker and now I am resting comfortably.
If I continue without any further episodes, I will get out tomorrow!!
 
Oh my!! Is this normal for you? Did you go to the doctor? I am so glad all is well now. NSAIDS make my heart do the flutter and flip flops dance!
 
It was new to me!!!
I was just sitting and my heart just took off!!!
I had blood drawn, and an eccocardiagram
After a few stressful hours, I was cleared...everything is fine.
I only have one of six or seven risk factors, so the cardiologist was pretty sure it was just a fluke.
He did, however give me a script for a low dose of medication so I won't worry about it while I recover from my TKR.
 
Hello Smarties out there!
I'm sorry I haven't been here much...I've been having some challenges this go-round.

The day I was supposed to leave the hospital I had an episode of A-fib.
I ended up getting moved to a different floor for monitoring and had to stay an extra two days, but at least the conclusion is that I'm fine.
(This was happening at the same time I was tracking down a missing direct deposit for my severance pay...couldn't possibly be stress related,right????). :rofsign:

I got settled in the rehab facility, and my first morning here I had some other kind of episode that can best be described as being car sick while sitting still. It was bizarre and lasted for a couple of hours.
My pulse and BP were fine throughout..it felt like my brain was being bombarded and over stimulated.
I put a towel over my eyes and just tried to lay still until it got better. It eventually did.

I wonder sometimes if one or both episodes were reactions to the anesthesia...

Today's adventure is an ultrasound to check for a clot...which freaks me out. Again.

On the positive side, the awful grinding pain is gone from both knees!!!!
Huzzah!!!

Thanks for letting me unload!!

:cry:
 
Good morning. I am so sorry you are having these problems! I was getting worried about you. There is nothing like being nauseous. I get carsick and it is a terrible feeling. Hopefully, your trials with that are over. EGADS! hope you got your deposit tracked down. That would definitely cause stress. Good luck with the ultrasound. Are you having more pain and swelling? How long will you be in rehab? I hope the facility is nice and your are able to socialize with other knee patients. I look forward to your update on your ultrasound. Have a blessed day.
 
I have been there with the tracking down the deposits/etc----and it is quite stressful!

I am sorry to read of your issues, but I am sure that all will be resolved quickly! Here is to getting the ultrasound done and finding no DVT's!
 
@Timetolive
Thank you for looking for me!
With all these little "side trips" in recoveryland I haven't had the presence of mind to get on here to post anything.
I also think my stamina is less with the surgeries so close together...I sleep ALOT!!!!
:yawn:

@referee54
I had been checking in online frequently at the hospital...at some point I screwed up the login with my sleepy drugged fingers and locked myself out.
I would love to hear the recording of my call to customer service...it must of been coherent enough, they did reset my password, but I could kind of hear myself and thought..."yeah... Crazy Lady on line 3!"

:froggies:
It showed up late Saturday, btw. YAY!!!
 
Hi! Yes, these second knees are different, aren't they? I hope your pain gets better. At least with the second one, we know there is indeed a light at the end of the tunnel! Good luck!
 
I'm glad the scan showed no clots. :yes!::yay:

I hope, now, that you can get on with your recovery, with no more drama!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom