Guest viewing is limited

TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

Its ok I'm used to it and hey doesn't half wake me in shower there's yodel and stingyel. No point the if only thing just look forward saves bumping into things. -rubbs sore nose

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@gr82cu2, I'm sorry to hear you have been having so much pain :(. I know it is so hard to keep a positive attitude when you feel like you are just never going to feel normal again. I'm still not 100% but I'm trying to remember what I keep reading...it takes up to a year to completely heal. We just have to hang in there and pray we will eventually be pain free. I have some vacation days this month...do I need to make a trip to Brownsburg to cheer you up?? Because I will :). Just let me know!!
 
@gr82cu2 Hi there Janet, glad you had a better night! Yippie on flex!
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
Happy dance!
 
@gr82cu2, great PT report Janet. Your flexion is awesome!! I'm still struggling with mine. I'm still at about 105 and Friday will be 11 weeks. I can see improvement in things I do every day like walking better, riding the bike with continuous rotations, etc. Christine said she was very happy today with both my extension and flexion but she didn't measure because she doesn't think there is much change. Since last week I'm now going twice a week. I'm glad because I've felt like my whole world revolved around going to PT in addition to just taking care of my knee. How are you feeling today??
 
@Jazzy4564 Hi there!!! I'd love to have you over and meet you but I'd die of embarrassment. My house is a wreck and so am I. My family room is a hospital room, basically and my sofa is the bed. All we need is an IV pole, haha! Once I get a little further on and can drive myself we'll definitely have to meet up for lunch or something one day. How have you been? Are you coping well with working again? I sure hope so. That's one thing I'm eternally grateful for that I didn't have to return to working. I'm blaming all my troubles with this 2nd knee on having anemia. I may be right or I may be wrong but it is just healing so much slower than my 1st one did. This one was 4 weeks old yesterday and I'd say it feels about like the 1st one did at 10 days - 2 weeks or so. My flexion is right on the mark with where it was last time but my extension is being stubborn. It will get there though, eventually.

@Yorkimom I think as you continue to do more normal things your flexion will come, don't you? Even just walking stretches everything and helps to loosen things up some. I notice especially in the mornings when I wake up and go to the restroom I feel pretty unsteady and need to use my cane but a lot of times by the time I'm on my way back out of the bathroom I've loosened up considerably. Did it take awhile for your flexion with your first knee? I still have hope for more flexion out of my 1st knee. 125 is something I can definitely live with but there is still swelling there so maybe one day when it's all gone I'll get to 130. Where did your 1st knee finally end up?

I started off the day pretty good but deteriorated through the day. I got the leg ache really bad this afternoon and got it under control pretty quickly with the heating pad but since then it's just plain hurt and my knee area feels super hot. My muscles are so tight. I just had out the hand held massager and ran it all over my thigh for a bit hoping it would help loosen things up. I'm about to go break out the ice packs again.

Have a good night everyone!
 
@gr82cu2 calm down most of us have the.home taken over by our conditionns. You are doing fine if anything expecting too much. Sheeeeesh I'm not driving yet. Well.cept driving all round the bend. Before you know it you will join in a smarties flash.dance errrrrrrrrrrrr as in song starts and people from all over boogie. I.was in.a.traffic jam and the flash.dance came on radio most got out of cars and booogied was fun

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hey first rule of.idiot code you can't look or act any worse so go for it

Legin THR Sep 14
 
don't think so it was.radio forth organised it. Such good fun. Mind.was. stuck in snow on motorway for 3 Hours that was a.good snowball fight @tiredwife

Legin THR Sep 14
 
And no you wont be able to see ogre on video any.way. I have been on front page of.scottish paper and paper in Newcastle. Errrrrr no it wasn't; wanted for crimes against eyesight

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@tiredwife Yes, seeing @Legin dancing in traffic would be a rare treat. I think those flash mobs are the coolest thing and the bigger the better. There are a lot of good ones on Youtube if you're ever bored some day.

I decided I just had to get out of this house and get a change of scenery so we went out for lunch and to Sam's Club for a few needed things. It probably didn't do my leg any good but I'm back here now with ice and elevating. Thinking a nap sounds good!
 
Glad you got to get out. Sometimes it does a body good. I came to work right after PT. :upright: I'm trying to keep it propped up in a chair as much as possible. It's not swelling badly, but is getting achy. Ugh.

Have a nice nap!

Connie
 
@gr82cu2 Janet, hubby would be so tired of being in the house sometimes we would just go for a little drive. As long as you ice and elevate after it should be okay. Enjoy your nap.
 
@gr82cu2, glad you got to get out a little Janet! To be truthful I don't remember what my flexion was the last time. I know I had to work hard to get it bent, but I had more problems with my extension. Today my knee has been bothering me more again. I have so much pain in the back of my leg. Not to mention the tight band feeling
but I had that for months with the first one, so I'm getting used to it. I was thinking today that if I had to do it over again I don't know if I would have had the surgery on this knee. It wasn't as bad as the first and maybe I should have waited longer. But it is what it is. I guess it's been one of those days. You're down but for no particular reason. I just can't wait until all this goes away!
 
Well, the nap was a bust thanks to the never ending junk calls from "Member Rewards". What good does it do to be on the national do not call list? None! No good at all, is the answer. That particular place calls at least 2 times a day. We never answer the phone but they keep calling.

Anyway, my little jaunt out into civilization has definitely caused swelling, in both legs. Ugh! The thing is I had a big ice pack with me and when we were in the car coming and going I had it strapped on. I'm with you @Yorkimom, I can't wait till this all goes away! I guess I'll have to really stack the pillows up tonight and get those feet way up in the air. I have PT tomorrow.

@ConnieJOS Where is it aching? I've been using a heating pad on my thigh muscle and around my lower leg when it aches there. Usually 10-15 minutes with the heating pad on does the trick. Michelle said that was ok to do but not to use it on my knee which I wouldn't anyway. It's already hot enough!
 
Hi @gr82cu2 those calls from cold callers drive me insane. Over here we are being bombarded with mis sold PPI, pension, double glazing sales, surveys, scam callers from India claiming to be from Microsoft Windows and there is a problem with our computer. I say what computer? They hang up quick. I paid my telephone provider so much money a month to stop this. Our phone numbers are ex directory yet still they get you. Apparently anything you buy on the internet, it can feed back information, which becomes available to these nuisance companies.

I'm glad you went out. It will do you good x x x

Take care love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
@gr82cu2 Hope if you elevate tonight you can get rid of some of the swelling! Sometimes though you just have to get out of the house.
 
@Nana moon 27 We haven't been in the phone directory for years either. We pay for something called 'Privacy Manager' that is supposed to help but no, it doesn't. The only times privacy manager has ever worked is when my friend in New Zealand calls and I want to talk to her, LOL!! We're thinking very strongly of giving up our land line. At least with our iPhones, once they call we can block their number. I wish we could do that on our home phone.

@tiredwife Yes, that's true! In the past month my trips out of the house have only been to PT and one appointment with the OS and that's it. At least it's a little easier this time with the weather being so yucky. My leg was swollen all the way down to my ankle and my sock had even dug in at the top elastic band. I could press dents in my shin but they are getting better now. I've had my legs up and ice on almost constantly since we got home this afternoon. Hopefully the rest will recover over night.
 
Back
Top Bottom