Guest viewing is limited

MUA Getting Back in the Saddle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alison, I doubt you will need painkillers for the CPM itself. Though you may need them for after the MUA. I can assure you the MUA is nothing at all like the TKR. I wouldn't lie to you about that. And this is coming from someone who was absolutely scared stiff before my TKR, never having had an operation before. It makes you realise you can face more things than you could before.
 
Dear Alison,
I'm still here, sending you hugs & best wishes for your up-coming procedure :friends:
I have a really good feeling that this will be an answer to your problem & you will be just fine. :)
You are in my thoughts & prayers,
Diana June sunbeams :SUNsmile: ....one day at a time.....
 
Ah Diana, thank you so much for thinking of me :)
I have had a horrible day today - not because of my knee - seem to have picked up a tummy bug so was up in the night being sick. Have felt tired and achy all day so spent most of it in bed. The knee was very happy with this plan of course:egypdance:
I guess it took my mind off Friday - I have to say I am feeling nervous and a little worried about more surgery plus no clear indication of how long I will need to stay in. And I seem to have lost my dressing gown and wondered if I left it in hospital after my TKR? Grrrr :gaah:

Thank you for your prayers and best wishes :thankyou:
 
Hi Alison
Sorry to hear that you are feeling poorly and really hope that it passes quickly so that you are OK for your MUA on Friday :sick: Try to rest as much as you can and keep hydrated

Take care of yourself :console2:
 
By the way Alison I may be joining you in needing a procedure for my ex-hematoma and swelling that seems to have formed adhesions - but the OS is in no hurry
 
Hi Puffin.
I am loads better today thanks, and I will definitely be fine for Friday :yikes: I think it was just a 24 hour thing and I've just felt tired today and still a bit off food - but basically ok.
I have read your post about your OS visit and I have to admit that my thoughts were that your knee sounds like mine! My scar is also sunken and everything around it is rock hard which I am told are adhesions. ROM is getting worse not better - but your ROM is loads better than mine? My kneecap (you can't see it but is in there somewhere) appears to be totally immovable according to my PT.
Obviously I am dreading Friday but I know this has to be done. I can't walk with an unbending leg and I can't put up with the excruciating pain if it is somehow pushed. You'll know the pain I mean :groan:
 
Hi Allison I've been following you and thinking about you. I'm glad you are feeling better and sending you best wishes for Friday. I'm sure things will be so much better for you.
:) wanda
 
Living with a knee that doesn't bend is horrible - I have started to get hip and lower back pain and I know it is because of my gait. I just don't have enough bend to bring my leg through properly so I swing it out, I can feel myself doing it. Everything is difficult - chairs, stairs, even sitting at a table because it is stuck out and my family keep accidentally kicking it! Lol - the "hard end block" is that solid I can rest the leg in suspension :snork:

So true Allison, once I broke my right toe but didn't know it (long story... that's 2 surgeries old. :) Every time I banged it (which was often), or someone else did it was just awful. :gaah: Anyway, my back ended up going OUT! I was like a baby who hadn't learned to turn over yet. :tantrum: When my chiropractor showed me the x-ray, my pelvic bone was slanted. He worked that out for me and then my right knee started acting up because of my gait and "my family inheritance" Sir Arthritis. Aside from my knee, I still walk a little funny because I favored that toe. :sad: I'm hoping that 2 new knees will straighten things out.

Speaking of getting straightened out... see what I did there. :blush: Seriously, I'm hoping :beg: and praying :bow: that you get everything all cleaned out and moving again. I know it can't be easy. I've been complaining about the stiffness and the band around my knee. It's NOTHING compared to what you are going through. I'm looking forward to hearing a good report form you in the near future.

3 more days... God's speed! :angel:
 
Well, I'm looking forward to your procedure because it will most likely put things right. And you absorbed my warnings about possibly what might appear to be poor progress in the first weeks? These post-adhesion knees don't understand the concept of transformation. They are slow movers. Slow but sure.
 
Hi Alison
It does sound like we have a similar problem with hematoma and scar tissue - where I have been luckier is that the adhesions have formed right at the top of the scar line so although my knee cap hurts and swells a lot it has not restricted the basic movement but effects the extent that I will get a good ROM by stretching the quad out

Hope that your procedure works really well for you - I think I will need one in the coming months
 
Dear Alison,
I hope you are feeling better :) I wanted you to know we will all be with you tomorrow :console2:
:angel: this will be the answer to your prayers & get you back on your beloved horses. (In due time)
You have worked so hard to get more rom...hopefully this procedure will do the trick.
Hugs & well wishes to you my friend :friends:
Please post when you are able,
Diana...June sunbeams :SUNsmile: ...supporting our dear friend.....
 
Thank you for thinking of me :) Your best wishes and thoughts are really appreciated.
Needless to say I am feeling nervous this evening. The bag is packed though and everything is ready. I am on the afternoon list so don't have to be at the hospital until 11am, at least I can have tea and toast at 7am then nothing more. Plenty of time for a relaxing bath with lots of bubbles :flwrysmile:


I will post as soon as I can but there is no wifi in my hospital so I will need to be back at home.

Been to say goodbye to my horses this afternoon. I am sure this will make me sound weird, but I have told them I am going in hospital and they are not to worry if they don't see me. (A friend will feed them) I particularly worry about my oldie so gave him lots of cuddles and told him to stay strong. Yes I am officially a mad woman :yikes:


Here they are grazing in the sunshine this afternoon: (Muffin has an allergy to flies hence he is wearing a rug and mask!)
[Bonesmart.org] Getting Back in the Saddle
 
Dear Alison,
You are not a "mad woman" :heehee: some off my best conversations are with my cats :kittykiss: they listen unconditional,
With love & patience.
Your picture of your babies is beautiful, such a sunny day :SUNsmile: I'm glad you got to see them.
Treat yourself nicely tonight, a bubble bath sounds great, also a nice cup of tea.
I will leave you a message tomorrow morning,
Thinking of you,
Diana...June sunbeams :SUNsmile: ....riding into the future....
 
Dear Alison, Here's to a new start and a much better life. :) Your picture is beautiful and I can see how visiting your horses is so calming. All the best tomorrow, I will be thinking of you and post when you can.
Wanda
 
hi Alison
Your horses are beautiful in the rolling countryside - I'm sure that you will be back with them very soon

Wishing you all the best for your procedure tomorrow and hope that it resolves the problems that you have been having since surgery
:kittykiss:
 
How wonderful to see a view of your life. I was a big big fan of All Creatures Great and Small.

I needed one percocet every 4 hours after my arthrolysis and soon needed only 1/2. The CPM did not bother me. You'll discover your knee feels rather "released" afterward. I imagine that will be a lovely experience.
 
Loved seeing your peaceful picture. I am a horse lover myself, so I totally understand you talking to them and giving them a cuddle before you go. Best wishes and we will be waiting to hear how you are afterwards. I feel you will be glad you did this.
 
Good morning Alison,
I didn't think of the time difference :doh: but, it's morning here. Wishing you well today & hope it's over
Quickly & you are soon resting in recovery.
Thinking of you,
Diana :friends:
 
Hope that everything went well today for you

Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you even if I cannot catch up with you before I get back from Ireland
:friends:
 
How's the bend today?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom