Guest viewing is limited

Getting 2 brand spankin' new hips next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
SeaSiren cheers sis! I just remembered what a friend used for uti - check out D-mannose, alternative remedy.....
Keeping my fingers crossed that you are in perfect health for those new shiny hips!
 
Wow great suggestion!... I just looked D-Mannose up - can't hurt to try it!! Heading to pharmacy right now!! Many thanks TennisNut And I'll have a 'cape codder' with cranberry juice as my special bevy tonight! That can't hurt either! :beer:
 
Good luck for your surgery

can someone enlighten me as to what the tennis balls are for? Or is. Ita joke for tennisnut??????
 
A little of both Vetgirl! Tennis balls are actually used to make gliding easier on walkers -
but just 2 needed :wink: 3rd one's reserved for TennisNut! Thanks for your well wishes...
[Bonesmart.org] Getting 2 brand spankin' new hips next week
 
Vetgirl inventive? How about, the original designer of the walker didn't have a clue! Some PT or angry little old lady had to come up with tennis balls:rotfl:
TennisNut and SeaSiren so, here we are. I don't ave grab bars, and probably will just have hubby standing by. If I think I'm gonna collapse, I'll get out :) I don't have restriction as I'm having anterior, so i can bend etc I hope! Also not sure I will install commode thingy. I can get down and off my own toilet using the toilet seat and the sink edge for support. That may be enough, and certainly easier to keep everything where it's supposed to be, i.e. IN the toilet bowl!
Let's see... positive mantra. Has to have "three" in it somehow. Should it be like a cheer? or a calming chant? Hmmmm will have to work on this. Meanwhile everybody keep cool :) I'm staring to lose mine, somebody's got to lead me by the hand LOL!!!!!!
 
I just had a picture of TennisNut receiving hundreds of single tennis balls in the mail :rotfl: zauberflöte, not long now! You're going to do great, although I do feel like someone should let the nurses know about your sense of humor....but then again, I'm sure they will figure it out soon enough :heehee: (and you will be their favorite patient!) Prayers going out your way for calm nerves and eviction of the butterflies in your tummy
 
sqwerlie Actually, m'dear, you do not know how cranky I am in real life, especially when professionals I expect to be competent (ohhhh, nurses, say....) are "not performing up to potential" as in, not bringing my pain meds, not coming when I need to pee, etc etc. I've been in the hospital twice for extended stays, 25 and 30 ago, and the service/health care was pretty pathetic overall. I don't expect things have changed in the last 30 years.... 30 years ago all the aides wore perfume you could smell from a mile away-- hasn't changed-- went to visit my m-i-l in hip rehab a couple weeks ago, the respiratory guy came in with her nebulizer, he must have bathed in Ax!!!!!!!!!! I had to leave the area! Respiratory!!!!!! Come ON guys, get with it! breathing is a vital function!
There, the real me LOL
The real me had her PCP write a script for this surgery that says, truthfully, "patient has significant allergy, asthma, and bronchospasm, and will need a perfume-free, smoke-free*, hypo-allergenic room". That won't do any good, but I can point to it and scream "off with their heads!" LOL *(oh yeah, also the aides and nurses 30 yrs ago went outside to smoke and came in reeking of it adn their hands reeking too)
25 yrs ago I put a hand-written sign on my private room one day. I desperately needed to relax enough to stop the muscle spasm in my abdomen, and wanted a quiet time. The sign said PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB. I also called the nurses' station and told them about it. I was just getting relaxed when there's a knock on the door and a little (but adult) candy striper bopped in with her cart and asked if I wanted any magazines. I asked her if she'd seen my sign, and I was not nice about it. She said, "yes, but I didn't think it meant me!". I probably cried in frustration.
There you have my expectations, sigh.... :)
 
Good morning SeaSiren, zauberflöte, so ths morning I woke up with one stinking headache.... Guess wine was not a good idea, on the other hand, at least there is a reaon for pain! How are my sisters doing this dreary morning, I have just enough rain outside to smell like a wet dog! Time and my leg seems to have joined up as they are both dragging their heels! :whistle:
Have a happy Sunday ! :friends:
 
Will be thinking of all of you upcoming hippies this week as I finish out the school year and start the speed prep for my surgery on June 5. I look forward to reading your posts "on the other side" , especially since you all had me chuckling this morning over my coffee. :yay:
 
Happy Sunday to my hip-mates TennisNut & zauberflöte! Sorry about your headache Sally... hope you enjoyed the wine last night tho....hmmm try some coffee :mcoffee: a wee bit of caffeine might help. The sun is just starting to break through the clouds here in NH - hopefully it's on it's way south! I'm very nervous this morning and can't seem to get myself together -- ever sort of 'freeze' when you have a million things to do?! Making myself drinks lots of water and adding some cystex cranberry juice w/ d-mannos plus some apple cider vinegar. I am so paranoid that the UTI might still be present on Tues!! Bringing out all the natural remedies on top of the anti-biotics!!
Hey zauberflöte do you know if you're getting a private room at hospital??
 
nmscienceteacher oh yes, finish that school year and away you go!! We will indeed cheer you on :) :)
I have just enough rain outside to smell like a wet dog!
Really. Are you sure you meant that how it came out?:snork:
Still dreary down here on the Va coastline. Maybe tomorrow sun?:SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: Tomorrow, we can tell each other "one more sleep!"
Y^es I ahve a private room but only b/c that's all this hospital (and all the rest in the chain) has. They are not big; put a visitor chair in it and you're maxed out. Especially since now they use computers on wheelie stands to block the door with, instead of a clipboard paper chart on the bottom of your bed. My m-i-l's room in another of the chain, she could not have gone to the bathroom if she had wanted to! That computer stand was in the way. I wonder how many they lose each year to clumsy visitors or patients trying to pee in the middle of the night.
*cracks whip at self* back to the coal mine! See yall later today, or tomorrow, but not the middle of the night!
 
Hi SeaSiren. I don't live too far from you. I had TRH on March 25. I will be going back to work on May 28.
I found it easiest to just stay in hosptal gown during my 4 day hospital stay. Made it much easier for everyone and I don't think I would have been comfortable pulling on pants over a sore, swollen hip. My husband was home with me for two weeks after surgery. I was fine to make my own breakfast & lunch after that.
I had Visiting nurse, PT& OT and can't say enough good things about them all. My husband has been pretty wonderful as well. My left hip will need replacement soon. I am not sure how long I will be able to put it off. I have some discomfort still in my rght side. But nothing awful. My OS does not do bilateral replacements...I am not sure I could handle it either. You must be a tough cookie and you are in good company with Sandybeach and ByGosh.
You cannot have enough ice packs....I think i cleaned out the cvs store near me of all ice packs. Icing really does give you alot of relief. And do not be in a hurry to get off any meds early. You need to stay on a clock regimen with meds. And do not fight sleep. Give in to all the little naps.
Good luck to you and zauberflöte on Tuesday. See you guys on the other side. Take care.
 
SeaSiren TennisNut zauberflöte How nice to have the three 'sisters' all getting their new hips on the same day. You guys are gonna have fuuuunnn communicating afterwards, comparing notes, ripping apart the nurses, talking toilet talk, etc., etc. ! I can't wait to read it all...! :)
Sounds like you've all been busy preparing. Good girls, you'll be glad you did it afterwards. SeaSiren I do hope that UTI gets lost, and quick! Nasty thing to hang on so long! :hissy: Maybe all of the extra things you're doing will speed it out of your system. Hope so!
You're all in good company with each other, and in good hands here with all of your friends and supporters! Hope tomorrow is a calm day before your surgery. Take care, ladies. TTYL

Here's the start of a limerick for you:
1. There were three sisters that were hipsters... (there may be a mantra in there somplace, zauberflöte)
 
Helllooo Neighbor anniemg! Yes, just 20 minutes down the road! Thank you for checking-in and sharing your excellent tips!! I have a couple of the big ice-packs and I'll have hubby pick up some more at RiteAid (before anyone else does :yes: !!) Sounds like you are having a good recovery... and don't put that bad hip off for too long!! I don't think I'm really brave about getting the bi-lateral... just made more sense for me getting just one surgery, one rehab etc... I'm self employed so couldn't afford $ two bouts of being away from clients!

OK - still drinking lots of water and cranberry juice and cystex liquid, plus last day for antibiotics and I -- think??? I have this UTI GONE -- (please... I'm beggin please don't let them postpone my surgery tomorrow!!!):beg:
 
I ♥ you ByGosh!! Thank's for starting the limerick!!! I added next line... and modified first line a tad :loll:
There once were three hipster sisters...
A Nut, A Siren and a Flöte...
OK TennisNut and zauberflöte ... you're up!! ...or anyone else feel free to jump in!!:yahoo:
 
SeaSiren oh my word! I'm super impressed! Let me get the cogs working, it's musty up there :umm:
 
TennisNut Sending you lots of good wishes for tomorrow I look forward to reading your posts when you reach this side I will be thinking about you
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom