Guest viewing is limited

THR Gazelle's Anterior hip recovery thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Susie4034 Hi Susie! Thanks for the tag! I am doing OK. My hip is feeling great.:thumb: I am still working on building up my strength and energy. Just feel very tired and weak. Little motivation to do very much so I am just staying home being very reclusive. Just the thought of getting dressed, fixing hair and face and driving somewhere is daunting right now. Perhaps it is a mixture of three surgeries in three years /tiredness and a little depression? I think that is common.

How are you doing? Are you walking on your leg now on the hip that was replaced? How is your pain level? We are going on 2 1/2 months out now from surgery. Still early in recovery for the most part. Would love to hear from you!
best healing wishes to my hip buddy!:friends: Joan:SUNsmile:

@Nana757 thanks so much for your positive support! How are you doing since hip replacement? Please fill me in! Joan:SUNsmile:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
AUGUST 29th Saturday Question for other bilateral hippys.....

I just have a question for other bilateral hippys.... or anyone who can answer.

I have pain when getting up from sitting for periods of time... Both hips hurt equally... stiffness and pain... Groin pain..... hard to get moving. Once I get up and start to move, the pain goes away. It is just those first few minutes getting up from sitting and standing straight.

Would this be muscular? What can I do to make it go away? Any certain moves to help this whatever it is? I am not very active. I tend to sit quite a bit in-between doing things.
 
@gazelle7777 Hi, given my early stage in recovery this may not be what you need, but I will add that I used to take the same approach back in my sporting days when I got "restless legs" after training too hard. All I do is

- make sure I have things around my chair so I can move position comfortably on a regular basis
- at regular intervals I do the basic PT exercises the hospital gave me, they seem to move things just enough to keep me mobile and ease off the aches
- keep a tube of some form of lotion eg. E45 close to the chair and I massage my own leg muscles on an irregular basis
- simplest of all, I find doing the good old butt clenches and isometric muscle work very helpful in reducing discomfort and in some cases preventing it occurring.

Hope it helps in some small way, if not I'd be interested to hear what does help as I suspect I'll need it.

Have a great recovery day


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@gazelle7777 are you doing any physical therapy? I am just wondering if you could get any advice about your hip stiffness from them.

I feel a little behind myself because I really just started to put full weight on my leg last week. I use a crutch when I am outbut try to walk without it when I am at home or in my office. I do still have limp if I am not using the crutch. I am also stiff, but no pain, when I first get up after sitting.​
 
@Susie4034 No, I have not done any PT this hip... I do think it is tendon and muscular pain. I will look up exercises to help that.. If it continues I will talk to my doctor about it. It is not debilitating... just nagging....

Glad to hear you are putting full weight on your leg. No Pain-YEA! :thumb: Are you doing PT for this hip? Probably a good idea. Thanks for tagging me Susie! I am still working on my energy. I need to get out and start walking... it just gets so easy to get into the lazy mode. :mcoffee: I am not sure if it is lack of energy or depression or a little bit of both......

I did get a bath lift that helps me get in and out of the tub...:bath: now I can take my nice hot soaking Epsom salt baths again. I was no able to get in and out of the tub because of my arms being so weak from the arthritis in my cervical neck/back area. This is a battery powered lift that lets me have my freedom back. Until I can afford a Step In Tub... $$$$ this will work just fine.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom