Gathering Myself Together for BTKR November 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Threads I had those that thought I was crazy too - and I now tell them that if I had it to do all over again, I would do it the exact same way! One and done!
 
@ljrfrm - one of my sisters-in-law called from back east last night. She told me that a friend of hers knew of someone who had had bilaterals and said it was "easy peasy"! Must say I bit my tongue and just listened. I'm kind of glad she isn't closer because her expectations of my recovery aren't what I expect to be facing. I'd like to believe her version but I've read a lot on BoneSmart and don't recall anyone describing their knee or hip replacements - single or bilateral - as easy peasy!!!
 
@Threads I'm not quite sure if I'd describe it as "easy peasy", LOL. But honestly, I can't imagine doing it any other way than both together. Obviously, I don't know any difference - and I didn't have any complications. But, I had challenges (still do), I've had pain, and I still would do it just the same way again!!
 
Tomorrow is the big day! Good luck to you. Just think of all the beautiful things you will weave when your knees are healed and ready to push those treadles again. As my knee is throbbing today and the loom is glaring at me with its pretty rainbow warp just begging to have someone come weave on it, I will be thinking of you and your two new knees, best wishes for a speedy recovery.
 
@Threads Best of luck tomorrow, Don't forget to set up your thread on the recovery side! You know the drill - ice, elevate, rest and gentle exercises.
 
Thanks for the good wishes- @fiberlady, @SuperSnapper, @tiredwife and @eldon! Today will be a day of catching up on laundry and waiting for the phone call. I don't know yet what time my surgery is but I do know it's the last one of the day tomorrow. So, my honey is taking me out to our favourite Thai restaurant for dinner tonight and then I'll get into the prep stuff that the hospital has given me to do tonight. I'm pondering a title for my recovery thread - so I'll set up tomorrow morning @tiredwife.

@sandbar525 - thanks for you wishes. You are already on your journey and we'll catch up on the other side! Best wishes for a speedy and successful recovery are winging their way south to you today. Customs and security can't touch them at the border!!!
 
:heehee: That was the plan @tiredwife! Tom Kha Soup, traditional Phad Thai with tamarind, Pra Ram (Swimming Rama) and I'll even let Doug choose something - we eat family style ;-) Your mouth watering yet? Mine is! I don't know when I'll have a decent meal again considering I'm supposed to go into a rehab facility from the hospital. We had our Thanksgiving a month ago - so I don't even have that to look forward to! I know, I know - I probably won't even care!
 
@Threads Yum! Yes it takes awhile to get the appetite back, I had to tempt Hubby with a lot of yummy things just to get him to eat. He doesn't have that problem now though!:heehee:
 
@Threads You've been on my mind today, as I know you are waiting for your surgery time and getting everything done for surgery. Best wishes for a comfortable recovery and all the support you need to make this as easy as possible. Keep in touch with us and let us know that all is well........see you on the other side!!!! I can't wait to share that secret handshake with you!!!
 
Just heard from both the surgeon's office and then the hospital. I'm to be there at 9:00 with surgery at noon. At least it's earlier in the day than what I thought it would be. Family has all been in touch and are standing by in case Doug needs any help once I'm released from the hospital. That probably won't be until Monday at the earliest and then we find out if I go into a rehab facility.

I thought I would have tomorrow morning to get the last of my organizing done - better get to it!

@ljrfrm - hope today was easier at work than yesterday! Thank you for your kind wishes. Looking forward to our "secret handshake" and see you on the other side.
 
@Threads Earlier is better than waiting around all day!! Time to get the show on the road!! Glad you have a lot of support!!!
 
I will be 2 weeks after you and anxiously awaiting your postings. I am also a bilateral. I am starting to get nervous as I have never spent a night in the hospital before. I'm hoping you have a great outcome and pain free recouperation.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom