TKR From Liverpool UK, 6 weeks post op.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Josephine,
Well I attended PT :dancy: this am they measured my ROM when I got there and it was at 90 degrees. After exercise session ie. stepper, trampet [boing, boing] bed exercises, wall lunges and other stuff, I then achieved 95 degrees. I did explain to the Physio lady that I was never able to twist around and pull my leg bent half way up the back of my thigh before I had the surgery?????? therefore I was not going to try this manovre in the near furture [well really I will never do it] but I gave her some hope :rotfl: < this is what I felt like doing at the thought of it. I told her about your wonderful site and how lonely, sad and ill informed I had been before I found Bonesmart. I told as many of the other patients as I could about it too. Its been great coming on here and finding out that other people all over the world, are in the same boat as me. Well my next appointment is in 2 weeks [oh the joy] and I look forward with hope that my ROM is more than 90 degrees.
Lindy xx :flwrysmile:

Well, that's excellent for 7 weeks. Well done! But don't let her push you too hard with those lunges - a bit too early to be doing those in my opinion. Could end up causing more swelling and losing ROM instead of improving it. Remember all those articles we put up for you and how most of them were urging SLOWLY does it. It's not a sprint it's a marathon, etc., etc.

btw, how do you feel about Wednesday's revelations on Hillsborough? Scandalous, isn't it? Did you ever see this site? I found it earlier in the week and though I thought I knew most of it was totally shocked by the detail. Some of those coppers deserve to be hung out to dry.

Jo,
I feel that at last the truth about that awful day, is finally there is black and white. My ex husband was in Leppings Lane that day, he was one of the lucky ones who was pulled up and out of hell. After he came home we spoke about it a lot, because he needed to vent his feelings. After all the funerals had taken place and things had settled down, he said that he would never talk about it again and he didn't, and I never brought the subject up. He saw and heard terrible things that day and he just wanted to forget. My Dad lost a cousin Arthur Horrocks. I touched so many families in Anfield [where I live] Liverpool and beyond. The people of Liverpool always knew the truth and it was easy for the media to attack the city and the fans and blacken the name of LFC. Now everyone knows, what we all believed was true. The Police force has a lot to answer for, as to the government, but Jo so much time has passed and will the families ever fully get justice ???

Ah that's the key question, isn't it? I have to tell you that I have a certain gift of insight and perception and I always KNEW from day one that what was in the papers was a gross distortion of the truth. But until I read that web site had no idea of the true depths of the outrage visited upon the Liverpool fans. They may not fully get justice but at least they have the satisfaction that the truth has been revealed at last.

I posted about this on my other forum and included the quote from I Claudius "let all the poisons that lurk in the mud hatch out"! And they will.

Hi Jo,
Thanks for directing me to the site. I read the postings, how sad that some people even with the evidence proved to be true in respect of the 96 and supporters, still refuse to believe? Doubting Thomas comes to mind. I can tell this is a subject that is close to your heart and I thank you for your words and support.
From a true Red Scouser who is proud to say where she is from and tell all that I meet how wonderfull my city and its people are.
Lynne :flwrysmile:

Liverpool has always been close to my heart because I used to live in Chester and I went to Liverpool to see many great rock gigs there, not least of which was Buddy Holly! I also have ambitions to do flags in the cathedral there some day! But mostly because of my gift of insight that left me in no doubt of the roots of that tragedy. I have had other insights but this was the first.

Hiya all,
Kath sorry I highjacked your thread because I couldnt find mine xxx.
Please can anyone tell me if they have knocking or clicking in the new joint, it is driving me crazy and its making me feel sick.
I can hear it when I walk and so can family. PLEASE HELP will it stop ??????

Hi just sounds like i was 6 months ago but now best thing ever had done.I was doing to much at first and not resting enough got told of by physio a lot ,when i learnt to slow down resting elevate and ice i came on leaps and bounds as regards rom my surgeon is happy if you are 90 any more he says is bonus .Now i can walk miles swim 3 times a week and ride my bike again it is just time we need which for me was hard to take in i want things yesterday not tommorow but tkr does not work like that .I read and had advice of here but being stubborn and thick yorkshire person took some sinking in,good luck to you.

Hi Lynne, sorry to hear you are being troubled by that clicking sound. That would make me cringe and I understand how you are feeling. I know a lot of people suffer with that and I'm quite sure those that have will be on here to give you their comments. I'm pretty sure that most of them say it does go away after a while.

Kath sorry I highjacked your thread because I couldnt find mine xxx.
Mouse over your name in top right of screen; click on 'your profile page' (or right-click and 'open in new tab' if you want to retain this screen as well) then click 'information' then 'find all threads by YourName' at the bottom. Bob's your uncle.
Please can anyone tell me if they have knocking or clicking in the new joint, it is driving me crazy and its making me feel sick. I can hear it when I walk and so can family. PLEASE HELP will it stop ??????
How long ago was your TKR? I had it bigtime, both knees up to about 6 months, but it went away.

There is NOTHING WRONG with the implant, OK? It's the body adapting.

Hi Lynne from Liverpool. I was brought up in Winsford but now live in New Zealand. I still have family in Winsford, Weaverham and near Warrington.

I haven't had any clicking with my knee but I know others have. They all do seem to resolve as time goes by. So hang in there and "youse 'll be orright" (sorry bad attempt there at scouse for you'll be allright.

Thank you everyone that have taken the time to reply to my thread. I do hope it goes away? I am still feeling ****. Both my hips and lower back hurt [on top of the knee] I think I do, do to much in the day time. I should listen to my body. Im only 54 and I think I should be jumping around everywhere by now?????? had my TKR back end of July.

Hi Lynne, nice to hear from a fellow north westian. I live just outside chester and had my op in October. OMG i didnt think it would take so much healing from this op. In my mind I can see me doing so much stuff but in reality I went shopping to day and was absolutely shattered after 20 minutes walking with my stick. Happily I dont work so will take time with all this and hopefully have a good result. Ready for the next one to be done. O Joy.

Hi yes most of us think its like putting new part on car or new light bulb it should work straight away wrong idea takes time.Went for my annual check up for blood pressure on friday the nurse there was the one who convinced me to have tkr ,she used to work in knee theater before and her dad had his done,long story short when i walked in asked if i had tkr said yes ,reply with long trousers on she could not tell my walk was perfect.Now no clicking still stiff every morning but go back never.i use rubber bands to put round foot and push against to build streantgh in muscles and keep adding to bands when feels to easy ,take your time and do exercises you will get there.

Hi Everyone,
Well here I am again. 6 months and 8 days post op from TLKR. Still in quite a lot of pain and that clunking sound is there still when I walk. Haven't been on for a while because I became very depressed and didn't want to bring everyone down with me? I am suffering from really bad sciatica at the moment, which is evident in the bottom of my left foot. [it would be the leg I had the op on] and trying to do my exercises causes excrutiating pain. I have made an appointment with acupunturist for tomorrow afternoon and I hope it will bring me some relief. Trying really hard to get back in to the world of work, but nothing forth coming at the moment. Am I still expecting to much from myself??? I feel like all the fight and motivation I had, have gone down the drain and everything is such a bloody effort. I want to walk miles [but I can't it hurts] and the weather is awful. :cry: :sos: oh Im just a wreck.

No your not a wreck just big op we have had,plus rubbish weather cold and wet .Mine clicks which it did before so i put it down to bedding in or rubbish fitter who used second hand part.But i am 9 months and bike swim and walk farther than i did before .On the plus side finished work early and definatly do not want to go back.

Thanks Richard,
never learned to ride a bike, we only had a trike when we were little? with a metal box on the back so my little sister could stand in it and ride up and down the street with me. I did all the work tho. Thanks for sending me a message. This op just seems to take forever to heal from, I just never realised what an epic and painful journey it would be. I have been so low as well, never mind bottom of the barrel, I was all the gunky stuff at the bottom. I must start going for a swim again, the doctor refered me to local gym and its free???? why am I not going. Its stupid. On list for tomoz go for swim then go to acupunture Mrs Zhang. I wish I could retire as you can see from my pic I only qualified as RMHN in 2011 and as soon as I got my cap and gown, everything started to go wrong. At least I managed to get my 6 months preceptorship in, before I had the accident cleaning the shower base that got me in hospital with my knee. That was when I found out it was really bad. I had been living on painkillers for years just to get through my working day. Ortho surgeon said he didn't know how I was even walking on it?? But you just learn to live with the pain don't you Richard? Anyway I am off to read my kindle for a bit and do some exercises. Please keep in touch its nice to have someone to talk to. :thankyou:

Hi think i can beat your cap and gown,on my 60 birthday pit pension started and it was as much as i was getting driving fork truck in factory so just stopped going to work.Had brilliant summer then most things started falling apart BP through roof, eyes next glucoma,hearing got worse,right hand can hardly use,and my knees finally gave in and my doctor does not agree with tkr and will not talk to me about it now i have had 1 done waiting for next if i go to him first thing he says is dont mention knee i told you about it.Planned on last year going away in caravan from april to end september,but knee came up had 3 cancelations then after surgeon would not see me to pass for driving cancelled appointments so caravan never moved all year.This year tough luck on all ailments caravan and bikes coming out .And get to that baths apart from bike best exercise going and at edlo baths it is only£1.80 for me.

So sorry to hear you have been feeling so down, Lindy. You are one of the snails on here - where we have a slower recovery than others. Please believe me when I say if you are feeling depressed and come on here, you won't bring anyone down. All you will get is support and peeps trying to spur you on and keep your chin up - honest.

I do hope you get your sciatica sorted. I know that is horrible. Add to that you painful knee, no wonder you're not feeling on top of the world.

But please just try and have a bit of patience, recovery will come. As I said above, some of us are just slower than others. Do do do do keep coming on here for support. It works wonders :thumb:

Richard, you are very jammy to get free gym. I would be there like a shot several times a week :heehee: Can't believe your doctor who won't even discuss your TKR! What a disgrace - change him to another one :umm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Hyde