Guest viewing is limited

THR forestje's recovery thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people I know experience crazy dreams when taking melatonin. I never have. I've taken Zyflamend Nightime which is Valerian based mixed with some other natural ingredients. That works. Another one is Sleep n Restore which is melatonin, valerian, and vitamin e. That one worked for me too.
 
Hi Suzette hope you get your stuff. Am sleeping but no where near as long as I used to yet I am still so tired during the day.I am hoping this will all resolve itself when I get back into my normal routine.
One thing we have decided is that we like the height if the bed with 2 mattresses.Had to put another one on because of the restrictions.Really like having a higher bed.Going to stay in it for a lot longer, warm and cosy, as it is cold and wet outside at the moment.
 
Hi @forestje and @pamac
Hope you are well. I had about 6 hours sleep with half of one of the sleeping pills and I didnt wake up during the night. I may try an even lower dose tonight to see if that works too.

I am looking forward to trying melatonin, it would be great if it works as my husband has insomnia too, honestly between the 2 of us, we are fairly useless at sleep. I think I am still getting more than him though. Lets hope they arrive and we dont get funny dreams!

When you said you had 2 mattress I immediately thought about a pea under the first one, the princess and the pea, that's the dairy tale. I had to think then!!

Hope you both get some sleep x
 
I am a huge fan of zyflammend, I will definitely worth look for the night time version since the whole body one has green tea in it, thus caffeine. How you doing forestje? Between my husband and I we get little sleep too. He falls right to sleep but then wakes at 3-4 am. I take forever to fall asleep then get woken up by him at 3-4am. Another huge reason we got the spare bedroom set up this weekend. I'm tired of going to the couch.... His turn to go to the spare bed ;) I find melatonin works as part of a ritual: no phone, no tv, take it, read a book to g et sleepy, then lights out! It helps you stay asleep too but it's certainly not a miracle sleeping aid but does help re-establish the bedtime routine.


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
I really hope customs don't hold back my melatonin, I really would like to try them out. Still if they do I will see if my GP is willing to prescribe them x oh and I have covered all little lights that are on in the bedroom and I will turn everything off and not keep looking at Amazon :snork: I promise I will

@forestje how are you doing, are you sleeping any better?
 
Hi Suzette and Tweefishy and agileHippy, hope you are all doing well. Feel close to you as our ops were so close together. Have just posted this on the other forum I look at -Total Hip Replacement - on facebook.

i am 10 weeks post op posterior approach and have just had a session with the physio. He listened to what I had to say and concentrated on exercises for the leg that had not been done as that was my main concern. The pain has gone from the op hip but not the other leg and I was worried about it. Have to say after a few hours at home doing the exercises I do feel a difference. He manipulated the leg and said that there might be signs of early degeneration but not going to need another op for many years. Having put up with the pain for so long I had put so much pressure on the good hip and now need to reeducate it ! To be honest, regarding the painful hip in the first place, I had put off the inevitable thinking it was sciatica, my age(61) and the fact that as a teacher I am on my feet a lot bending over desks. Well am so glad it has been done so anyone doubting out there, go and do it ! You will try to put it off in your mind but actually once it has been done you will wonder why on earth you stopped to think about it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
forestje I'm glad you're feeling well! I'm about to run out of insurance coverage for PT and chiropractor visits for the year. I don't know what I'll do with myself!
 
Hi @forestje so glad you are doing great. Are you back at school now?

@agileHippie I have had 2 sessions with chiropractor but just having deep massage and acupuncture and it has been brilliant. Are you having massage ? Does the new insurance year start Jan 2016?
 
@Suzette yes, new insurance year starts 2016. I don't know if/what I'll need by then (didn't expect to use my limit *this* year!)

I haven't gotten massage yet. I have several gift cards to a local spa-type place that does massage (birthdays, etc) so I thought I'd start there...
 
Yes have a nice relaxing massage with your gift cards. Deep massage is not exactly relaxing !!! I hope you manage with out your chiropractor though, I just have one session left, then it's up to me. X
 
Thanks Poppet for this.
Well I started back to school today and have managed to get through the day without any mishaps. Have really enjoyed being back and apart from being very tired now, feel great.
 
Hi @forestje
Just catching up with your posts. Its amazing back at school already, in less than 3 months! I like your photo - not the average image of an old lady with a dodgy hip LOL. Do you get caught by the new pension age, retiring at 67 or something like that? I just squeezed in to retirement at the age of 60. Take care.
 
It is really like an old friends reunion on here sometimes as we all look out for each other and over the time have come to care about each other. I have followed you for many months.
I am 61 and still wanting to work as I have been in a private school for over 35 years. I never wanted or expected to be told I needed a hip replacement, just put it down to sciatica.
When I saw the surgeon it was 'needs doing now' so that was 5 weeks off school at the end of the summer. Now I feel fantastic and am back to school with my 7-8 year olds. You will laugh but I went on playground duty fully armed with 2 crutches in case a child forgot and hugged me or knocked me over.
Yes I have to carry on but for me luckily it is not a chore. Hope you continue to recover.
Take care.
Jennifer
 
Well I have made it to the end of the year and feel great. Went back to school in September and it was full on but managed to cope due to the help of all my fantastic colleagues.
Just want to wish everyone who remembers me a happy new year and thanks to you for all your support.



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom