THR Finally on the other side!!!

Oh I am most terribly sorry! Silly me! In that case, yes it will abate over time provided you take pain meds and don't do any exercises or PT.
 
Had my 12 week check up with the OS today! Although, I'm only 11 weeks. XD

The OS confirmed what Josephine said, my IT band and bursitis should get with the program in a few months. He was SO impressed with how I'm progressing; he was almost as excited as I am! I was afraid I was behind the curve because I can't put on my socks or walk up stairs, but he said I'm actually way ahead of schedule in terms of progress! He gauged my strength and said I'm much stronger than most; he could tell I've been putting my hip to work. I told him I can only walk about a mile before my IT band/bursitis kicks in and he was like, "So soon after surgery? That's fantastic!" Clearly, we have different definitions of "soon." Lol.

He watched me walk and said my gait is SO much better than what it was (I completely agree!). My body is still trying to figure out how to walk with this new hip, hence the IT band and bursitis issues. But I'm very thankful that it's expected to resolve on its own. He was so proud of his work and how well I'm doing; I feel so blessed and lucky. I couldn't have asked for a better report! And the icing on the cake? My right hip is less symptomatic now that my left is fixed. I assume it's because I'm evenly distributing my weight now, instead of putting it all on my right side.

He was clear that I'm still healing and that it'll take a year or so before everything settles. That sounds crazy to me because I've already gotten a lot of my life back. To think that I'll be able to do even MORE in the future is so exciting! I just had to share my joy with you all!
 
I was trying to find the right 'rating' for this. But couldn't find one that said 'Great Job' 'Awesome news'! Hurrah!!
 
:goodpost::happyfeet:
Good job!
Awesome news!
Hurrah!

Onward and upward:egypdance:
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
What a great visit you had with the OS. Wonderful progress!
May it only get better. Stay in touch :)
@Dracia
 
Thank you! My hip is hanging in there and I'm definitely doing better than I was pre-op. Getting lots of comments about how well I'm walking, which is SO validating. IT band is calming down, only gets mad at me when I walk a little too much. Bursitis is better than pre-op, but still irritating for now. Chiropractor is doing wonders for my SI joint that hasn't quite figured out how to function. Still struggle walking up stairs a bit, but improving. Getting better at putting on socks. But honestly, no huge complaints - just minor annoyances.

The important part is I have my life back! If I want to go shopping at the mall - GUESS WHAT I DO?! I go shopping at the mall without needing to count out pain pills, park near the closest store I want to go to, or plan my walking route. The phrase, "I need to sit," is muttered at about half the rate it used to be (which is awesome, considering I walk a lot). I'm not irritable 100% of the time. My hip lets me know when I need to rest, but it bounces back FAST. If I walked too much on my arthritic hip, I'd be down for the count for DAYS.

I'm sure you all 3+ months out know what I'm talking about. What a life changer.
 
:yahoo:Yay for you...still possible to overdo but sounds like you are already getting the benefits of this surgery.
Isn't it just wonderful!!!
Glad for update!
Onward my friend:egypdance:
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope you're doing well.
Leave an update next time you stop by. We'd love to hear how you're doing.
Best Wishes as you move forward!
@Dracia
 
Yes...happy four months!:yahoo:
Pop in and let us know how you have been doing!:tada:
 
Back
Top Bottom