Knee Infection Finally Finishing Up

Impressive hardware. Glad to see you're doing so well.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I can't wait to hear what the airports have to say about it!
 
Peggy, I'm so glad you were able to pray and talk your way through all those staples! I thought my 52 was bad! No wonder you needed a breathing break. After he infection surgery a nurse kept coming into my room to give up dates on when the PICC line was going in. I was so anxious about it my BP would rise just talking about it, but when the techs came in they stood on either side of me. The tech on my left side asked me questions about home and my job, before I knew it the line was in. They were so good and I had worried about nothing!
 
Today is 3 weeks post op and everything is looking good. Swelling and pain is at a minimum. The pain that I am mostly feeling is on the shin where the bone graft is hopefully growing together (dull ache) and the quad muscle when there is pressure put on it...another connection point. I see the OS on April 11 and hopefully the X-Ray will show it is healed and I can start bending it. I will also get a different brace to start walking with which will make me very happy. This one is so uncomfortable and seems to get worse the longer I use it. I have an appointment Wednesday to get the last 9 staples out.

I think the best thing about all the swelling being gone is that I can feel things in there. When I run my hands along the leg I can fell the new knee cap, the new knee joint along the sides. It is nice to know there is something there:)
 
What wonderful news! I pray you continue to heal without any setbacks!
 
@PegGar16, I've been away, and just now catching up.... You go, girl! That hardware is quite impressive! You've got the Cadillac of knees now :driver:

So happy for you, and wishing you ALL the best! Hope to see you here around Zion someday soon! :loveshwr:
 
Thanks @L.I.T ! I have the new RV sitting in the driveway and anxiously waiting to use it. Hoping to get your way in the fall:)
 
Had another post-op visit today and they took out the last of the staples. It is taking a little longer to heal but the plastic surgeon told me that happens with flaps. I have to cover the incision with Aquacel Extra pads (change daily). There were adjustments made to the brace by prosthetics to help the pain in the back of my foot. It is so sore from the hard plastic that it wakes me up at night if I don't shift it around enough. My sleep is bad enough without anything extra:) Can't wait for the day I get a full night's sleep.
 
A good night's sleep is such a blessing and can be very elusive. I hope you can get yours back really soon!
 
I can't imagine, Peggy! With my TKR I dreaded seeing it get dark because I knew I'd be up all night, with can't imagine with how long you've been dealing with this. I've never taken sleep for granted since.
 
Wow... they really did a number huh? Hope you have lots to keep u busy while healing! Keep up the amazing attitude and get back to living! I am always in awe of what they can do these days for us... things that just a few years ago would have been "that's it" injuries are now repairable! Be strong!
 
@PegGar16, How are you doing, Peg? We haven't heard from you in a while. I pray you're healing nicely!
 
@sistersinhim Hi Paula! I had an appointment yesterday to check the incision and both OS and Plastic are happy with it. The Plastic Surgeon is there because of the flap. On 4/11 I have to go in for x-rays and the OS to see if the bone part of the transplant has merged/healed. If it has I get to start bending a little. So far everything is going as planned:)
 
That is really good news! I know it'll feel great to start bending it!
 
That's good news, Peg. It sounds as if your team is taking great care of you.
I hope you're allowed to start bending your knee soon.
 
Had a great report today!! The surgeons said everything looked perfect! Took the immobilizer off and put the adjustable brace on. I can move it 30*. I am so excited with this:)
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Finally Finishing Up
    IMG_3842.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 228
You're finally out of that thing! And you can bend! Praise God for the good report!
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom