Hip Arthroscopy Femoral Nerve Damage?<

I'm so happy that you finally received an answer. I know you were frustrated....who wouldn't be.
At least you have a time frame to work with which hopefully eases a lot of anxiety.
Please stay in touch, we're here for you. Wishing you comfort, a lovely holiday season and a happy,
healthy 2019!
@fallenstar
:merry christmas:
 
I KNEW you wasn't crazy!:dubious:
All the wondering makes you crazy though, right?
I will most certainly be sending positive thoughts.

Healing Hugs @fallenstar and all the best this heals sooner than later!:roseshwr:
 
Thanks everyone! I knew it had to be something wrong! And it is such a relief to finally have an answer even though there is literally nothing I can do to better my situation which makes me sad. It is a waiting game and I have made a bit of noticable progress within the past couple weeks, but it still is not enough to get me walking unassisted.......soon....I can feel it!
 
Hi, thank you for this thread.

I am only 12 days post op. I am younger and have been exercising to get back. I say those things because I have THE SAME EXACT PAIN and the Dr. has told me to rest.

I have almost no pain except in the top of my thigh, debilitating to where I cant walk, my leg cant take it. Sharp pain brought on by pressure. I have to awkwardly re position my leg to hobble around.Everyone thinks I am overreacting but I know something isnt right. I sent this picture to the Dr yesterday. Excuse my art skills.

I am going to propose your diagnosis and see that the PA or Dr thinks. Sadly, I appreciate not being alone in this issue.

Dont know if this is the right place, but thanksThanks
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Femoral Nerve Damage?<
    leg pain.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 170
@Smitty0202

Sorry I did not see your post sooner! Is there any updates?? I nerve pain that is sharp and stabbing, felt from my groin that shoots down to my knee. I also feel it at times right at the top of my thigh like the top of your rectus femoris. Which is a muscle that was shown affected on my EMG report as well as my vastus.


Came on here to update everyone!!! I have gradually gotten better, then I woke up Wednesday morning with the ability to pretty much walk normally!! I have a slight limp, still feel reallly unstable like it is going to buckle and rarely it will but it is a major breakthrough for me! 16 weeks Monday that is 4 inches of nerve regrowth! I still cant lift my lower leg without pain most days but it will get better!
 
Great news! I'm very happy for you. It's been a long haul but you're seeing progress, finally moving in the right direction. I hope the New Year brings you full recovery, peace, great health and much happiness. Keep us posted, we love happy updates.
Hugs to you.
@fallenstar
 
That is SO encouraging @fallenstar !:egypdance:
So happy for you.
Hope you had a Merry Christmas and may 2019 be a wonderful year of continuing progress!

We are rooting for you!:friends:
 
You are going to keep getting better.
I believe.
You believe.
Good Mojo coming your way this New Year!
 
Leaving a update for anyone who cares to know.

I am now 21weeks post. I returned to work Jan 21st. I work in manufacturing and I operate machinery all day, so that means I am on my feet 8hrs 7x a week. I hit a point in my recovery where I could wing it without my cane. First week of work was awful!! My IT band constantly hurts! My knee swells up for a week until I relieve it over the weekend, then it repeats the next week, it too hurts!! I am miserable and wished I waited longer. I am not back to 100% quad functioning yet but I am getting so close! I have to always watch how I step or my leg still buckles out from under me.
 
I certainly care to know!
I am really sorry work is causing your leg such stress!:sad:
I am guessing you are keeping it on ice when you are not at work?

I don't know how you can baby it when you are working so much.
I wish I had some sage advice or new words for comfort...but please know I'm hoping things get better @fallenstar :console2:
 
Boy, you are in a rough spot. I can relate to the pain and exhaustion of being on your feet while being in such awful pain. About 9 years ago I had severe sciatica from spinal stenosis and herniated discs. I was teaching school at the time and spent almost 1 1/2 years trying everything short of surgery. I was in constant pain and so stressed...some days I was so discouraged. I finally had surgery and it was life changing, in a good way.

However, I can only imagine how you must be feeling to have had the surgery and now be dealing with ongoing pain. And to have to be patient and wait for your nerve to heal....while also knowing that work is not helping.

I can tell you are trying hard to be positive and to deal with the situation. One piece of advice I have from previous life experiences, is to try to break it down into smaller bits of time. Tell yourself you’ll feel better in one week. Then do the same the following week....bit by bit you can chip away at the time until the nerve has repaired. Here’s hoping you’ll feel better next week than you did this one.:flwrysmile:
 
Leaving a update for anyone who cares to know.
Of course we care! So sorry you are struggling with your return to work. As Mojo suggested - can you baby that hip a bit in these first weeks? Is it possible to work with your employer to do a more phased return - part time days for a bit?
 
Aww, sweetie, we certainly do care. Thanks for stopping by to update.
I'm sorry you're struggling. Returning to work and suddenly transitioning to 8 hr days on your feet, 7 days a week, would be an adjustment under the best of circumstances. Are you able to ice and elevate at night after work? It could bring you some relief from swelling and the discomfort you're dealing with.

I sure hope it all begins easing, or that you're presented with an opportunity that allows you to work less without suffering financially. My heart goes out to you. Please stay in touch.
Sending a hug and wishing you comfort. :console2:
@fallenstar
 
Thanks everyone for the support.

Unfortunately I was not even allowed to return to work unless I ditched the cane and had 0 restrictions. So I had to wing it. With that being said they wont allow part time or wont accommodate. It has been very rough but it is slowly getting better. I am in less pain then I was during week 1.

And great idea @Debru4
I have been trying to stay positive, cant say that is easy, I was in a dark place for several months. Being back to work has gave me more normalcy again even with the pain. Glad everything went well for you.

But atleast I see improvement, just slow
 
Based on what I have been reading in your posts, I'd say you have been remarkably positive! Something else you are doing that I think is really helpful is reaching out to others, and being honest when something is making you crazy or breaking your heart. Sometimes just getting things out helps more than we realized. :console2:

Any improvement at all is good....and for most of us, it never comes fast enough! Hope your week is going well!!:flwrysmile:
 
Haven't left a update for a while, everyone ditched me back in March, no dr no therapist. I went a month and a half or so with no help. I still cannot lift myself up or sit with my leg, walk to far, go up and down steps. I am about 9 months post op. I had my primary give me a script for more PT and chose a different place. I have seen some progress since starting a few weeks ago. Trying to keep my head up as I am trying to fight m urges of wanting to run again.
 
Hi, it's nice to hear from you. I'm sorry it's not under happier circumstances.
It's been a long road for you. I sense your frustration and I don't blame you.
Please do try to keep your head up. If things don't improve, consider getting a second opinion from a different
OS. Hate to see you suffering like this so many months later.
Please stay in touch, we do care.
Hugs :console2:
@fallenstar
 
Hello @fallenstar. I read your thread. My heart goes out to you. How utterly frustrating not to mention agonizing this must be for you. Maybe another OS opinion would help. I know the orthopedic department in our university medical center is known for addressing complex joint issues and, to put not too fine a point on it, fixing other people’s mistakes. I see you’re from Florida and as much as this Husker fan hates to admit it, I’m sure you have fine university associated medical centers there. Assuming that’s not where you had your procedure, you might want to investigate that possibility. We’re still here for you. Sending you prayers for healing and calming energy.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom