Guest viewing is limited

THR Feeling good

Status
Not open for further replies.
When coming off Tramadol it is best to reduce the strength and dosage in conjunction with your Dr's advice. Stopping Tramadol suddenly may produce unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.. Best to speak to your Dr on how to avoid withdrawal symptoms

I had the experience of having to go off 100mg twice a day cold turkey.. Felt very unwell for some time.
 
Fortunately, very few people actually have problems with Tramadol which is not to demean those who do. But evidence is that actual addiction is extremely rare Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds.

However, for those that do have problems and/or have been on it a long time such as over 6.12 months, then a carefully programmed and very slow reduction is very necessary. This should be no faster than one pill less per week for many weeks or even months depending upon previous intake. The remaining pain should be dealt with by using things like Tylenol/paracetamol.

I was very lucky as though I took it for 12 weeks, during those twelve weeks my intake was very sporadic in occasion and dosage. After the first three weeks, I rarely took at the same pattern each day.
 
Thankfully symptoms seem to be going , nice dry bed and no headaches, fingers crossed
 
I'm feeling human again, I don't need any walking aids but wobbling a bit as left leg still stiff and can't step through, legs seem equal length so no limping. Hip a little sore and numb around scar , but all in all good , no back pain which is the main thing.....It took about 12weeks for it all to settle
How you doing???
 
Isn't it marvelous to be without back pain? Mine disappeard around week 8-9 and it has been heavenly to wake up in the morning & be able to move!
 
My pain was on standing and walking with knackered hips my limit was about 100yrs before felt like some one stuck knife in back .
 
Glad to see that you are feeling much better. Congrats on having 2 shiny new hips.
 
Now I have had both my hips done I am able to stand for longer periods, however I have developed pain in my right foot, mainly in the heel. I can only describe it as feeling like I am standing on my bones , I have stuck a gel insole in , it helps but still pretty uncomfortable .

Anyone else experienced this ????
 
Dingbat7

I have just noticed that you have several separate threads started In the hip recovery section of the forum.


I will have to merge them as we prefer post op members to only have one recovery thread, so that we can keep track of your journey :)

Just informing you so that you won't be surprised, I will tag you once I have done it, to let you know your primary thread name.

Cheers :)
 
Dingbat7

Me again, I have just merged 3 recovery threads together for you :)

This is your primary thread and you can post and ask any questions you want here, if you want to draw attention to a staff member, you can tag anyone of us and we will get an alert.

Regarding your question about foot pain, yes I certainly experienced this for several months. I tired all sorts of inner soles, but finally twigged it was the shoes and I needed to get a new pair.

My foot pain did subside eventually, but sometimes even at 13 months post when I stand up first thing in the morning, my tootsies are painful.. It disappears after a few steps.

Maybe consider new shoes, because with both hips done you will be standing and walking differently again.. Do keep us updated, I am interested ..

Merry Christmas :)
 
I have purchased some quite expensive insoles that reduce the pan , I have also been loaned a home medics shiatsu foot massager that also has helped, I have looked at my shoes and yes quite a distinctive uneven wear pattern on the soles so will be replacing.
 
Dingbat, have you looked into the possibility that your heel pain might be gout? I have had bouts of that malady for the last ten years; usually it's in the big toe, but occasionally I've had it manifest in the little toe or in the heel. I treat it by drinking unfiltered cider vinegar and tart cherry juice.
 
Some pics I got from the hospital, before and after, I had to crop the after for modesty reasons, apparently the joint space was non existent towards the middle/bottom of joint
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Feeling good
    xray2.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 294
  • [Bonesmart.org] Feeling good
    xray1.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 305
Dingbat, have you looked into the possibility that your heel pain might be gout? I have had bouts of that malady for the last ten years; usually it's in the big toe, but occasionally I've had it manifest in the little toe or in the heel. I treat it by drinking unfiltered cider vinegar and tart cherry juice.

I suffer from gout & Rheumatoid arthritis , mainly toes and I am Allopurinol & Metotraxate, yes could well be I suppose.
 
Hi Dingbat - your "before" x-ray is just one big OUCH! So glad you got that all fixed. Let us know how the foot pain is doing. New shoes following THR are very important. Lots of hippies experience aches and pains due to wearing old, worn shoes.
 
Hi Dingbat - your "before" x-ray is just one big OUCH! So glad you got that all fixed. Let us know how the foot pain is doing. New shoes following THR are very important. Lots of hippies experience aches and pains due to wearing old, worn shoes.

So my consultant said but to be honest don't know what I am looking at , foot pain isn't too bad unless I stand at a bar alll night, I'm off to a party weekend Sunday to test my hips on the dance floor so will let you know, I have various types of gel inserts , experimenting to see which ones any good.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom