Guest viewing is limited

February Valentines 2012 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In February?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Newhipdiva – I am in two minds at the moment. I have been worried for ages because my blood pressure has been really high up to my preop appointment in December - 159/106. So I have been exercising, eating well and drinking less and that seems to have paid off as I managed to get it down to 133/86 last week at my GP surgery. So I am happy about that – it’s just the reality of the actual procedure which is scaring me no end. The hip itself has been fine for about 6 weeks but just this weekend it has decided to play up big time - just to remind me why I am doing this I suppose - LOL.
How has your recovery been? Did it all go as planned? Do tell!
I have been following Madrockers experience and am horrified by what she has had to go through!
 
Hello Valentine Babies

Caroline you are the last of us so good luck on your surgery. There will be good times and not so good so just keep your eyes on the prize and from one who is on day 7 let me tell you two things
1. ICE...ICE...ICE It does make a difference and I am using it 24/7. It eases the pain. Trust me

2. Your two best friends will be the strap and your reacher. I use this funny little strap big loop one end small loop other end. I use it to hook around my foot/knee to assist in general moving or to help with the exercises. My PT (hospital ) said it gives support when you need and helps with the precautions. The reacher is just that but it will be the most used of the arsenal of things at your disposal and besides there is an element of independence in being able to reach that silly magazine that insists on falling out of reach for the 50th time today.

Best wishes to all the Valentines. I will be looking for your threads on the other side---I'm Marvellous Marvin.

Take Care :flowerysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom