Guest viewing is limited

TKR Fall on TKR almost 7 yrs out

Hi Layla,

Great hearing from you. 5 months today since I had that unfortunate fall... As you said, it hasn't hindered my activity, I'm also still doing PT. Just trying to stay positive that it will mostly resolve over time. Thanks again for all of your support! Hope you are enjoying the start of summer. Happy days here in NYC with the Knicks!
 
Hi, @RAD … It’s great to hear you can walk 20,000 steps a day with no problems. But, you might want to test out doing about half those steps for a week or so to see if that “clicking” feeling lessens. If you had a severe bone bruise (and it sounds like you may have), it can take 6-9 months to normalize again. If the clicking lessens, then you’ll know you need to take it a little easier for a while. If it makes no difference, then it’s likely just your body needing a little more time to completely come back after such a bad fall. I also think it was wise to delay your second knee replacement for a bit.

Congratulations on the Knicks!!!
 
Just trying to stay positive that it will mostly resolve over time.
Atta Girl! I believe it will. Summer is starting out cool here, just the way I like it.
I hope your Summer is all you want it to be, and that includes perfect healing from your fall. :thumb:
Congrats on the Knicks win! So awesome!
 
Thanks for everything Jaime and Layla. Jaime, I hope you're right about the "clicking". As I've said, patience is not my strong suit! But I really appreciate all of your support.
 
Hello! I actually got in touch with my surgeon and I’m going to get an MRI which hopefully will show that nothing major is going on and that I have a bone bruise or soft tissue injury that is still healing. Right now it’s scheduled in 2 weeks, hoping to get in a bit sooner if there’s a cancellation. It’s 5 and a half months since my fall and hopefully it will be good news and I’ll be able to relax more and just let it heal. ROM still 135 with full extension. Band on the outside is a little sore, but no real pain anywhere. Front of kneecap still has numbness/sensitvity. Some clicking mostly inaudible but I feel it.particularly when I fully bend when sitting and then turn my bent knee as fat as I can to the outside then back. Feels a little funny but doesn’t hurt. Hope everyone is keeping cool and enjoying World Cup! Thanks for listening…
 
A patch of numbness is common post knee surgery, for some it gradually returns, for others there’s a permanent numb spot. Good luck with your mri, and please keep us posted. My right knee has no numbness and my left definitely still had a numb place from surgery last year. I’ll have to see next year how the left leg is after round 2.
 
It’s 5 and a half months since my fall and hopefully it will be good news and I’ll be able to relax more and just let it heal.
Hoping this for you also. The reassurance will give you peace of mind.
Have a great week and a happy and safe 4th!
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: RAD
I'm glad you're getting a MRI. Hopefully, it's just a time-healing thing and nothing more than that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RAD
Hi! I got the MRI and had a talk with my surgeon (who was wonderful). It seems there's nothing definitive on the MRI that shows a problem. Mild scar tissue, no evidence of damage or loosening. The only other thing he suggested is that I may have sprained a ligament, but there is no clear problem to go on. We agreed the best course of action is to give it more time, another 6-9 months and see how it is. I'm still not in any pain, just numb / sensitive (pins and needles sometimes) on and under my kneecap, and a clicky feeling sometimes. I also have a bit of a crackily (is that a word) on the upper left side near my IT band when I'm at full flexation. It does hurt, just feel weird, and my IT band is also pretty sensitive. So that's where I'm at...hurry up and wait.
 
I'm sorry that the MRI didn't provide an answer. It's so frustrating when they can't find the source of a problem. On the other hand, it's good news that there's no sign of damage or loosening.
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: RAD
You're so right...there is only so much they can see even with a MRI. I'm hoping if it is a ligament sprain that it improves with time. I'm going to go see my surgeon early next year and we'll see... Uggh! I guess I have to be grateful that I still get around fine and can enjoy my life. I'm going to try not to obsess about it anymore and it is what it is... if it is a ligament situation, he'll go in with the scope and see what the deal is.

Thanks again for your support.
 
Thanks for being part of the community. I hope all eases with time. Please keep us posted.
We'll be here. :)
@RAD
 
Thanks so much. I just walked 15,000 steps today and feel fine. I’m assuming if I did sprain the ligament that it wasn’t too severe because I haven’t had any pain or issues walking or going up and down stairs. The knee feels stable. I’m hoping it improves with time. If there is some laxity but the implant hasn’t loosened, which it hasn’t, my surgeon did bring up the possibility of a poly swap. Does anyone have experience with that?
 
Hello and Happy Monday :wave:
Walking 15,000 steps and feeling fine is awesome! Great that your knee feels stable and hopefully it only gets better with time.

Following are results of a SEARCH where key words poly swap were mentioned -> HERE

Wishing you a good week, RAD! :SUNsmile:
@RAD
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: RAD
Thanks Layla! I hope you have a good week too! I do feel good, just still clicky in the middle of my knee which I'm probably distracted more than I should be...
 
You've done your due diligence. You've seen the surgeon & had an MRI. That your walking 15000 steps is fantastic. Just don't way overdue it and make it sore. It seems you'll have some soreness, but not significant soreness. Its the balancing act - just enough but not too much.

Seems to me your doing well.
 
Thanks so much eaglemom. My surgeon and I agreed that it is a good idea and give it more time and let things settle. I'll go in and see him early next year. Just going to try to take good care of myself with exercise and nutrition. I lost a lot of weight since I had the TKR done in 2019, I'm guessing losing the last pounds I have wanted to would be a good idea. I appreciate everyone's support here so much.
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom