Guest viewing is limited

TKR Fall on TKR almost 7 yrs out

@fenway09 @lopat @Indygo happy 3 months! I had my checkup today, and fortunately it went great. My ROM is almost 125 and my extension is 0. My OS is really happy with everything. My only issue is now my right non operative knee is somewhat swollen. It seems like it’s just a matter of time for the right, but hopefully a long time! He prescribed an anti inflammatory for me that will hopefully help.
If you’re early in the process, hang in there, it gets better and is totally worth it!
 
:loveshwr:Happy for you! I agree re right knee, I'm thinking, in my case, not next year but the one after. I'm doing my 4 month check next month. Think we're both in pretty good shape, I'll update afterwards.
 
@Benay I can’t even think about doing it again yet! I’m just so grateful that lefty turned out as well as it did. My OS and his team have been just great. It’s really been nice to compare things with you and have support from someone who gets it!
 
Happy AnnKneeversary everyone. Haven’t been around as much. Mom/s broken leg has sure helped my recovery along! I saw my OS just before my Disney trip. He won’t see me again till January. My Right knee is already in The rotation to be done. It is still stronger than my new one but it does bark at me a lot. @RAD when is your trip?
 
@lopat it's two weeks from today! I'm hoping the anti inflammatory does the trick and calms down my right knee, but my left knee is great, feels really secure and strong with no pain. I'm really so happy with how it turned out. My OS actually said it was perfect! And also said that the writing was on the wall for the right knee, but I should have some time... I just don't want to think about it quite yet...
 
@RAD @lopat ......glad to hear you both are doing well! I also had a very good appt with my OS yesterday.....he is pleased with ROM 130 and finally at zero......when I can relax:yes!: Over the last 2 weeks I have seen marked improvement and less pain. Still continuing with PT and a regimen at home which I need to be more diligent about. He will not see me again for 9 months but he said expect to plateau in the recovery process and it to be a year anyway for complete recovery. I am pleased.......very long haul given my prior injury! Onward and upward. Rad Hope you have a wonderful trip. I am kidnapping my husband and we are going to beautiful Lake Winnepausaukee for several days on August 25.....cannot wait to float in the healing and warm waters. Its much easier to navigate then our Atlantic Ocean right now. Happy Trails all!:loveshwr:
 
@fenway09 you sound great! I’m glad things have improved so much! At 3 months we all seem to be in a good place. Hope you have a nice trip to the lake, it sounds lovely. I haven’t been in the water all summer and really miss it. Maybe I’ll hop in the Med, not sure yet!
 
Good for you all!! Happy to hear about the progress! I’m still not quite at the extension and flexion you are and am needing improvement on stairs, but overall my surgical knee is improving as the non surgical knee is inquiring about surgery Times next May!! Again, congrats!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: RAD
Hi @Indygo, good to hear from you. Keep improving, slow and steady wins the race!
 
Hi! I fell on the ice back in January 2026 and landed on my TKR. My ROM was not impacted. I'm not in pain. I went to my surgeon and got it XRayed, he said it looked fine. He said it was likely a bone bruise or injured the soft tissue. It's about 3 months, I'm walking fine and without pain, but I feel a little "clicky" when I totally extend and a slight pull when I totally flex. I'm guessing it just takes time to heal...anyone have this kind of experience? Thanks...
 
Hi RAD,
Your latest post was merged with your original recovery thread which will make it easier for you to have all of your history in one place. We've updated the thread title to reflect your current concern.

I'm sorry to read about the fall. That had to be frightening for you. A deep bruise and soft tissue issues can take several months to fully settle. Thankfully the implant looks good. Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about the clicking since he confirmed the implant looks as it should. As far as the pull during extension, there may still be swelling that you can't see causing some tightness when you straighten your leg. If you need peace of mind, consider calling your surgeon's office and I believe they'll offer you reassurance.
Have a great rest of the day!
@RAD
 
Thanks so much Layla. My surgeon and his PA said the same thing you did, I'm just so sensitive and my LTKR turned out so well that it really freaked me out, especially since I'm going to do my right knee soon. I guess I just need to be patient and get as prepared as possible!
 
Falling is one of the things we are so afraid of doing. These implants are very durable and usually unharmed in a fall. It's our poor soft tissues that are injured, and they take a while to snap back. It sounds like you're doing fine in that reguard, and practically back to normal.
 
Just a quick follow up, I told my surgeon’s office that I still had some clicking when I fully extend and I’m going in to have a CT scan to get to the bottom of it. I still have full ROM and no pain, just a bit sensitive around the kneecap and the clicking, hoping all will be ok and I can prepare for my right knee in June.
 
hoping all will be ok and I can prepare for my right knee in June
I'm sure it will be. Since the artificial parts don't move like our natural joint did, in your case, the clicking, can be completely normal, especially given no swelling, pain, or feeling of instability like it's giving out. Having a desire to receive reassurance that all is well is understandable as you approach surgery for your Right TKR.
I hope time flies so you're able to begin healing. Wishing you lots of comfort while you wait.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RAD
Thanks again for the input and support. I didn't have much clicking until this fall happened, so having some now is upsetting me. I'm having visions of needing a revision even though I have full ROM and no pain. Going to the surgeon on Monday morning so hopefully I'll have reassurance and things will go the right way.
 
Please try not to worry about a revision. Especially given there's no pain / swelling, you have full range of motion and no instability. Without any of those symptoms present, I don't see why your surgeon would give revision a thought. Some people develop clicking over time without any type of injury. Going with your surgeon's thoughts on soft tissue irritation, depending upon your daily activity level you could be slowing down the healing process. It may still take another couple of months, or it may never go away but that doesn't mean anything is wrong or you're heading for a revision. Try to think positive and enjoy the weekend. My guess is you'll receive some reassurance on Monday. Please keep us posted! :thumb:
@RAD
 
  • Like
Reactions: RAD
I concur with Layla: if you have full ROM and no pain, there is nothing that would indicate you need surgery.

When it comes to clicking, some of us have it right from the beginning, some of us develop it later. I was told by my surgical team that it is considered normal unless it is accompanied by pain, swelling and/or a deformity.

Try not to worry. And please do let us know what the surgeon says.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RAD
I can’t thank you enough the support!!! I will try to relax over the weekend and will definitely post on Monday. You guys are great!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom