Guest viewing is limited

TKR Fall on TKR almost 7 yrs out

Please let us know what you find out Monday. We are all concerned and care!
 
  • Like
Reactions: RAD
that I still had some clicking when I fully extend and I’m going in to have a CT scan to get to the bottom of it. I still have full ROM
Like @sistersinhim says clicking can be normal but if it is new, then it is reassuring to have it checked further.
 
Hi! Good news, the implant looked great in the XRay, no need for CT. The clicking appears to be from some scar tissue from the fall which my OS believes will be resolved in time. This weekend I walked 20,000 steps on Sat, 10,000 on Sun, went to my trainer to work on my quads and spent some time on the bike. My LTKR knee was fine, my right which I'm doing the replacement on was killing me! Thanks again for all the support here, I'm sure I'm going to need it on 6/23/25 forward!
 
That must be a relief! Glad it's nothing to worry about as you get ready for your upcoming surgery.

Wow, I'm amazed you are able to do all that walking and exercise with a painful right knee. Your muscles will definitely be strong for recovery.
 
Hi Benne68, I take Tylenol, breaks and then I ice! Thanks again for the support. It will be great to get this RTKR done and really be able take lots of long walks without pain! I can usually count on the pain kicking in on the right around 8,000 steps.
 
Just wanted to thank everyone again for all your guidance and support. My left knee is still a bit clicky but I'm trying to not let the perfect be the enemy of the good, especially since my OS said the implant looks great.

I was reading about Journavx since I had some problems with Oxy when I had my LTKR done in 2019. I'm going to ask the pain management doctor about it. Any feedback on that? Also, my LTKR was done with traditional surgery, this time it will be MAKO robotic. One screw from my prior ACL reconstruction will need to come out, the other one will likely stay. Has using the robotic surgery resulted in improved recoveries?

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!
 
You might find some helpful information about Journavx here:

Also, check out Lillibet's thread here:
 
I'm happy to read that you received reassurance through the CT scan and hopefully will have peace of mind as you wait out the next two months. Thanks for having enough faith and trust in this community to share your concerns and good reports with us all!
Has using the robotic surgery resulted in improved recoveries?
The short answer is no, it doesn't necessarily lead to better recoveries. It does allow for a more precise positioning of the implant. However, you can't count on it to change post op pain levels over traditional TKR's, nor accelerate recovery milestones like walking unassisted and regaining ROM. Recovery still depends on your overall health and pre-op fitness level, how you choose to rehab and how you choose to manage pain...as a few examples. Personally, I'd be most concerned about the surgeon's skill level over all else. Robotic outcomes often end up very similar to traditional TKR's.
Have a lovely weekend, RAD! :SUNsmile:
 
Thanks again. I'm not going anywhere yet! Still working through the impact of falling on my LTKR. It has improved, I think time, PT and massage has helped. Still feels there's something going on there either from the bone being bruised, some swelling still there and soft tissue stuff. I still need help with my patience pills, I'm guessing it will still months to get most of the way back. I'm estimating a year, do you agree? But walking great, no pain, mostly just some extra clickiness.

See, I'm still obsessed and need support.
 
I fell on my PKR 6 years after the surgery. No major damage but my knee and lower leg swelled up quite a bit and bruised a lot. My ROM was gone, due to the swelling. It took about 2 months for it all to get back to normal, just by carefully doing daily activities as able. No PT. The body heals very well, but it does take time.
 
Still feels there's something going on there either from the bone being bruised, some swelling still there and soft tissue stuff.
There's likely still some bruising or irritation of soft tissues around your knee cap as well as inflammation causing aggravation. The good thing is your OS examined you and the X-rays look good. I think you need to dig into those patience pills and allow time for improvement over the next several months, up until a full year as you mentioned. Try not to irritate it with overactivity and allow the inflammation slowly settle. If you overdo it, don't hesitate to ice. If things worsen, rather than slowly progressing, it won't hurt for you to check in with your OS for some reassurance and peace of mind.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RAD
I'm glad that all worked out for you! I fell in January 2026 on the ice right on my LTKR, about 7 years out from surgery. It was very bruised. It didn't really impact my ROM and I didn't have pain, mostly extra clickiness. If anything my ROM has improved from about 130 to 135. It still just feels like its a little swollen inside and I still see faint signs of bruising. My PT and massage therapist have been great. Hopefully more time will continue to improve. Still walking on it great (I can even run on it a bit if I feel like it).
 
Hi Layla, we were writing at the same time! I definitely have improved, not worsened, but it's just incredibly slow. I can do everything I want to do, the feeling of internal swelling and clickiness is more annoying then anything. Thanks so much for your input!
 
Hi Everyone, just checking in. I definitely made the right decision to postpone since the left knee I fell on in January 2026 still if feeling clicky and sensitive. I'm still walking 20,000 steps a day on the weekends and my ROM is fine. I can't believe how long it takes for the soft tissue and possible bone bruise to heal!!! My patience pills are wearing off!

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer! Yay Knicks!
 
Thanks for the update, @RAD. If you are able to walk 20,000 steps on it, that right TKR can probably be delayed a bit longer.

I'm sorry that leftie is still giving you trouble. Hope you've seen some improvement since your post in May.
 
Thanks Benne. I think that it has improved, but still doesn't feel quite right... Since I've been to get it checked twice, I assume it isn't a significant issue, but since it feels so clicky it's still bothering me.
 
Nice to hear from you again, RAD. Thanks for checking in. Sorry you're still dealing with the aftereffects of the fall. Thankfully it doesn't seem to be hindering your activity, and hopefully it continues to slowly ease over time.
Keep us posted!
@RAD
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom