TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
My knee has good days and bad days

Hi Dorothy, Good to get your update. That loose PCL must be a concern. I remember your surgeon hoping that exercise would increase muscle size and solve the problem. Perhaps you just have to keep at it. I wish I could offer you something more tangible to help. What about starting a new thread with loose PCL in the title. It may get the attention of other Bonesmarties who have experienced this problem and can offer advice.

I will let you know how things develop for me. In the meantime enjoy your trip to see the grandchildren. xx Carol
 
@patient 99
The 2 things in life that can be relied on are.....Death & Taxes.....I don't like either
Option:scaredycat:Rain all day today..I'm stuck in the house with "The Hairy, Brown One":puppysmooze:
& my 2 :kittykiss:By 6:00 p.m I should be running screaming to work:scare:I love my job,
I am all alone....no kids, no pets, no hubby....no co- workers, just ME...( My favorite
Person in the world ):roseshwr:
Have a pain- free day :SUNsmile:
Diana:flwrysmile:
 
( My favorite Person in the world )

laughing:heehee:.

Sometimes I get on my own nerves. A while back I thought I had a job as an assistant to an interior designer, but it never really got going. Openings for old age pensioners with dodgy knees are few and far between.There's voluntary work, but I want rock and roll. There are always jobs working with the very frail and dementia patients. But I wont go into the reasons why I think that's not for me :scary:

I've come to a decision about my knee. I've weighed up all the excellent BS advice and talked it over with friends and family. I've decided I am going to keep my appointment on 16 May with my original surgeon. The hospital is only 5 mins walk away and the appointment only 3 weeks off. Getting appointments with surgeons can take ages, so rather than cancel, I am going to see what he has to say. Depending on the outcome I can then see my GP with a view to getting a referral for a 2nd opinion. Josephine has recommended 2 surgeons. Nottingham and Bristol are quite away from me, but at least I would be confident I was seeing someone who knew his stuff. I am happy now that I have a plan. And who knows in the mean time my knee might improve.

Diana, you are so well acquainted with my left knee, but I don't think you have been formerly introduced. Allow me. Ms Metal may I introduce you to Ms Diana - Trophy Winner, Exhibitionist, Narcissist and valued chum. :friends:
 
@patient 99
I am sooooo happy you have a plan in place :) It always helps to have "direction"
I am also glad you didn't settle, if you have a problem, we must do all we can to
Find an answer. Write down your concerns & take them with you. Honestly Carol,
I am hoping your problem can be taken care of with "Time" I am almost 11 months
I still get tired when I walk short distances, still achey when I get up, but, I have no
Limp & only time I have no pain is when I walk:egypdance:So, I consider myself a success :yahoo:
I had to laugh when you said " I get on my own nerves, sometimes":rotfl: I have the
Opposite problem other people get on my nerves.:hissy: When I am by myself, it is
Peaceful & my B.P is low. I find myself very interesting & everyone else dull & boring:shrug:
I also think I am highly superior compared to most folks. My intelligence is off the charts
Enough about me.....Ms. metal, glad to meet you:wave:You better treat my :friends:Carol
Nicely.....we kneed her for our flash mob dance:chuckmarch::chuckmarch::chuckmarch::rotfl::rofsign::rotfl:
Have a wonderful day :SUNsmile:
Diana:flwrysmile:
 
@patient 99
My youngest daughter ( 19 ) just came in & announced in a rather abrupt way. Why
Didn't I plunge the toilet ? ( because, I didn't clog it):shrug: See, what I mean !!!!!!
This is my life, as I know it....:bawl:6 more hours until work:beg:
This is the same daughter who can't shovel snow....Her reasoning.....She has weak arms:chinstroke:
Calgon, take me away !!!!!!!!
Diana:wave:
 
Sounds like a good plan, it will be interesting to see what your OS has to say, and his attitude.
Wishing you all the best,
:SUNsmile:
 
You won't settle until you've had a 2nd opinion. I still think it may resolve itself. I regular had a massage therapist knead my knee.
 
I don't know what she did Pat but I could always walk easier after I'd been. At first she was very gentle but after a few months she said she was able to get in 'deeper'. Of course maybe I'm just gullible! I did feel better afterwards tho.
 


Diana @new knee in June, you are quite right (of course:wink:). Flash Mob 2015, the brain child of @Bionic woman2, is far from trivial. To make amends I've found a video that BW2 might use when doing the choreography (click on link above).

It doesn't just show case metal knees, but metal bodies too - its got to be the way to go. I thought @tashia should take the lead as she is in the vanguard of all things metal with Summer, Spring, Autumn and Winter. @bottomshollow BW2 will know how to work the snake you gave Diana into the routine. Its gonna be a riot. Sue, Dorothy, Chris and All, make sure you study the video closely - particularly the way the knees bend. Carol
 
[Bonesmart.org] Everything Comes to She Who Waits
@patient 99
 
Oh that sounds fun. All the kids are ready to go. Wouldn't that be something. I love it. Tashia and Winter, Spring, Fall and Summer (the kids)
 
@patient 99
Your video is Awesome:happydance:They look like true "Bonesmartie's" I still don't know what to do with
My snake:shrug:I am computer illiterate. My secret to getting through floor boards is.......
Baby Oil...:rotfl::rotfl::rofsign::rofsign:Slick, just like a snake.... ( insert snake, here )
Have a Kneesy day,
Diana:wave:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom