msart
senior
@ClownMagnet -you are hysterical-but I get all your saying. Recovery sucks-badly.i hope today is a better day, sending you positive vibes only 


United States
Costa Rica
Stay tuned for a (probably abridged, considering) report….
United States
United States
Honestly, yes I was feeling pretty anxious about it. Definitely have someone within earshot for the first couple showers. We have a walk in shower so I took my walker in with me for support. It was a quick shower and hair washing and I was OUT. I felt a tad wobbly, but so good afterward! It felt like a FIRST shower. For the second shower, I took the walker in again, but hubs put a stop to it after that as it would get water inside and then drain onto the towels he had placed on the floor. He told me I didn't need it and he was right. I honestly don't even know if he was home the third time I showered, but after two showers I had a temporary routine down and was fine on my own.My next goal: my first shower (first post-op shower, not my first shower ever, I mean good grief give me SOME credit!). Tomorrow. I confess I am terrified. (were y’all terrified?)
United States
Costa Rica
United States
Hi!Mendogal, thanks for the info about the iron supplements. Do you have a link to a recent study or two that I can share with my OS?
Costa RicaHere's info on alternate day dosing.
AGA Clinical Practice Update, August 2024
Cochrane Library, May 2020

United States
Costa Rica
United States
Costa Rica
United States
What a great analogy! I'm going to steal this, if you don't mind.I’m still treating my new hip like it’s a $33 million Faberge egg.
United States
Here ya go. We aim to please. Enjoy!!I just feel frustrated that the world doesn’t understand that two weeks is still very very early days, and that I would still love someone to come by to bring me flowers or fix me a cup of tea every now and then.
United States