TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

Glad your procedures went well. Hopefully you will find some relief from the draining of the knee and the cortisone.

As far as the stool in the bathtub, uhm, why do I just envision myself flopping around like a fish out of water trying to get out? :umm:I may need to have a cocktail before my 1st attempt. :)

Rest yourself and feel better so you can enjoy your company this weekend!
 
I used a bath board! Actually I haven't had a bath in 20 years! and before you all go :eeeuw: I prefer showers!
It started when my shoulders went bad and I couldn't haul myself up to stand. In the end I gave up and just showered every night instead. Now I wouldn't have a bath if you paid me!

As for the arthroscopy, Ellie, usually no sutures but Steristrips. And your mobility and pain after will very much depend upon what he does 'in there'!
 
Thank you for your reply @Josephine,
I had the guided cortisone injection today, fingers crossed it will work, and if it does I will return to the wonderful doctor who did today's, for another one in May, and then put the arthroscopy off until the trip to France.

@DogLoverx3, I'm not sure I recommend a bath after a cocktail :martini:, you might need to call the fire brigade out to get you out :yikes: :)

@yiayia3, @dogwheels,
Thank you for your messages of support, they are so welcome.

I hope you all get a good nights sleep. xx Lyn
 
Oooh, If I can request cute firemen to come save me from the bath, that might not be such a bad idea :tada:
 
Well, so far so good, I did get a little more sleep than usual last night, I managed a four hour block, possibly because my left knee wasn't painful whenever I moved. I'm staying in bed all morning, it's still wrapped in a big bandage, which I'll remove later. It does seem strange to be ignoring my RTKR which actually feels quite good at the moment, but as I say I'm still in bed. Hopefully we are going out to lunch, then I'll rest, ice and elevate all afternoon. We do have weekend visitors, but they won't arrive until late, having had a meal on the way.
 
Good morning @Ellejay - glad to hear that you are resting and hope that the cortisone injection really starts to give you some relief in your left knee. Hope you have a lovely weekend with your visitors - don't overdo it!!
X
 
@Ellejay just read your thread and you seemed to be doing so well until your left knee started playing up. I hope the drainage and injection work and you get some relief. I am making an appointment today with my consultant. I'm hoping it is a bakers cyst and not my knee giving up on me. Fingers crossed. My op was 16 months ago and I've just started enjoying life walking without pain and at last saying I was glad I had the op. There were some days I'd wished I hadn't but everyone has bad days dont they. I love my new knee now but not in a hurry to go thru it all again just yet.
 
Fingers crossed for you @robynhood, do let me know how you get on.
It's a bit early for me to tell, as I have to spend two days completely resting after the injection, but my left knee seems a lot better already, I certainly slept better last night. Time will tell.take care xx
 
Two four hour blocks of sleep, woo hoo!, it just makes you feel so human again. No pain in left knee, right knee a bit stiff & sore, but nothing to what it has been, just a few exercises, ice and elevation should mend that. I know I've got to be very careful not to overdo it, but I've just said to my husband, this is the most pain free I've been in years. It's difficult to know which is my 'bad' knee at the moment,which one I should be leading with on stairs. My right knee (the TKR one) needs exercise, but the left one, having just had it's injection needs rest.. Ummmm?!
Our 'weekend' guests cancelled for last night and will now just become overnight guests for tonight, so although it's disappointing, at least I can rest more today.
Have a lovely weekend everyone, I hope the flu is gone @glazed151, and you are feeling better. Have a good rest this weekend @Nana moon 27 and get rid of that horrid pain.
Did your freezer get fixed @yiayia3, I do hope so. How is the patchwork going @dogwheels
Good luck,with today's move @NetballKnees, I do hope it all goes well ( actually it has probably happened already and hopefully you are tucked up asleep.
@DogLoverx3, the new picture of you is so pretty, you don't need all the chemicals and whatever else is on offer. It must be your wonderful sense of humour that does it, particularly when it comes so Mars Bars ( I haven't had a bath since my first experience, I keep looking at the red plastic object that helped me out of the bath with different eyes :loll:.
 
Hi all hope everyone is having a good day, freezer was fixed yesterday yay new control panel but no charge result, glad your feeling better Ellejay and Nana Moon,resting a bit today as we have grandsons tomorrow also cousins coming in afternoon just been to the local farm shop to buy homemade cakes very lazy not as nice as doglover 3 cakes I,m sure. Take care Terri
 
That's another weekend nearly over, and my best one since the TKR, 7 weeks ago, things really seem to be improving now. I managed to get six hours sleep straight off last night, the longest sleep so far. I coped with overnight guests last night and then the family here all day including two year old grandson who is totally adorable but insists "Grandma do it" for everything. My knee is slightly sore, but not bad at all. I have been very sensible, keeping up with the meds, resting, elevating and icing as much as possible, but still being sociable. I even managed to walk to the restaurant last night and sit at a table for a couple of hours. I sat on a stool in the kitchen this morning and prepared the veg for dinner, and made the yorkshire pudding batter, but then sat & rested whilst my husband did the rest of dinner. I have used the stairs more than on any other day so far, but all seems well. It was my first day 'back on duty' and I'm pleased with how well it went. I shall elevate and ice all evening to make up for a busy couple of days, and have a quiet day tomorrow, because.......
We are looking after the two year old for a couple of days and nights because my poor daughter in law has to have an operation on Wednesday, I was a bit worried, but after today I realise I can do it. I am really happy to think that I am beginning to get back to a sort of normality, I know that there will still be setbacks and it won't be a smooth journey, I've still fot a long way to go, but for the first time I can honestly say I'm getting there.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second
@Ellejay, funny how week 7 post op seems to be a turn around for the best week for many of us! But ain't it great!!!!! Your week-end sounds great---and you were smart to keep things in perspective and resting tomorrow is a great idea.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
@Ellejay---it seems like the pieces of the puzzle are finally fitting together for you! It sounds like things are now all falling into place and you are turning the corner and having those positive events in you life that are so very enjoyable!
 
Another good nights sleep - something has changed (for the better), the quality of sleep is different so that I wake refreshed, I really feel like a new woman and can face life again. I'm off to do some PT and have a go on the bike, so I might not be saying that in half an hour!
Have a good day everyone.
 
Hi @Ellejay good that your sleeping well I seem to sleep for about 4 hours at a time so not too bad,have a great time with your grandson you seem to have it all sorted,my boys loved to paint at that age we gave them a paintbrush and mug of water and they painted the fence for hours,now its lego or we all watch a film together nice and easy but will all start again as new grandchild due in August so hope it's a girl!I see my O.S tomorrow evening trying not to think about it too much. Have a good day Teri
 
Jealous about the sleep! I still can't manage more than 2 hours at a time. I think I need to drink more. :martini::heehee:

Have a great day!!!!
 
Back
Top Bottom