TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

Awesome report!
 
Good morning @nana moon, @DogLoverx3 ,@dogwheels, @ @Chihuahuan, @glazed151, @sez22 @Karringtyn @Yorkshiregal54, @yiayia3 @tashia @chestnc @suzzee2000 and anyone else


I thought it was time to change the avatar and come out from hiding, this is me with the love of my life, my two year old grandson. Luckily the adoration seems to be a two way thing at the moment, he is always asking to FaceTime me, and loves to visit. I am disappointed that he won't be staying with me this week, but it means his mum doesn't have to have the operation, so that's good.
I like you new avatar @dogwheels, very cute.
I'm so glad you & your husband are beginning to feel better now @glazed151, getting flu on top of a TKR is more than enough for anyone.
@Nana moon 27, I do hope things start to improve for you soon, hope the 'legs up the wall' helps today.
I'm going to have a morning of home PT today, and then I've been invited out to a friends birthday lunch in a very nice local hotel, it's all ladies, so it should be very noisy. I'm still not drinking just in case I need to take a Tramadol, and I still haven't tried driving, I really must be brave enought to have a go, but also my husband doesn't want me to, I don't know whether he's thinking of me or the car!
My knee was OK after a relatively normal day yesterday, home PT in the morning, I visited my Dad in the afternoon, it was the longest the knee had done without ice and elevation but it was fine. I was glad to get into the recliner when I got home, and have my supper cooked for me. It appears that so long as I'm very sensible (I still think of it as being very lazy) everything goes well, so I have to change from being one of the liveliest, busiest people around, to one of those lazy slobs I always despised - it's hard. I am truly blessed with a wonderful husband who totally understands and wants me to be lazy. I have no idea how I'm going to repay him, I must think of something wonderful.
Have a good day everyone, xx
 
Morning hon! I wish I had a recliner.....I just moved from bed to my cozy couch. I haven't laid on here since surgery but I think I have met my best friend. It just fits all the curves of my body beautifully. OH honey...you described me to a T. I am a very lively....busy person. I feel like a lazy slob. My hubs too is wonderfully understanding. His orders for today.....DO NOTHING. PEE.....and sit. That's it. I guess it's his way to show me that I do in fact overdo it cleaning and dusting and mopping every day. Dang OCD gets the best of me. Time with lady friends sounds WONDERFUL to me!!!!!!! Have a great time, can't wait to hear how it goes.

And your picture. You are beautiful! xxx
 
Awww, thank you, that's a lovely thing to hear at the start of my day, what a wonderful person you must be.
You are very pretty yourself, you look so happy in your new picture. Xx
 
Hi @sez22,
Thank you so much for your good wishes. Isn't this site just fantastic, when we are feeling at our worst there is someone to complain, moan to, who will comfort us, and when we start to feel better there are lovely people like you to boost us and make us feel good. I feel so blessed to know that there are so many friends out there who,know exactly what we've been through, and know exactly what we need right now. I am lucky to have plenty of 'non virtual' friends, but none of them have gone through a TKR , so have no way of empathising as all of my wonderful friends on here do.
How are you doing? You are one month ahead of me, also the right knee, but you are so much younger, I hope you are healing well.
I expect it's near the end of your day now? I'm just gearing up to start mine, I hope you get a good sleep. Xx
 
Hi @Ellejay I know what you mean! I don't know anyone who has had a tkr and certainly no one my age. .I am doing pretty well just frustrated that I can't do more. I shouldn't complain as I am working full time again. There are a couple of things that irritate me, like getting out of the car after driving and I can't walk for a few seconds. .I fin that the exercise bike really helps. I can't go in a full circle but just use it to bend my knee a bit more. I am pretty much doing what I used to do is ask just a bit more difficult.
How are you doing?
 
@sez22 -working full time - that must be hard, what do you do?
I've retired from nearly 40 years as a primary teacher,the last 20 years with infants, so either standing for long periods, up and down from tiny chairs, or playing on the floor - not good for knees.
I've done my home PT this morning, finishing with 5 mins on the exercise bike, the longest time I've managed so far, I am doing full circles now, and the saddle is a normal height. My target is to get out on my 'proper' bike, so it might not be too long now. admittedly it's an electric bike, so I can peddle it normally or turn the battery on if I need some help, it's brilliant.
After this mornings session my knee did swell a bit so I'm in my favourite position at the moment, lying on the bed with my knees up the wall, with ice wrapped round.... Heaven!
Take care xxx
 
I work at Random House publishing in logistics. It's pretty full on but I like it. I Co ordinate all the air and sea freight shipments coming in from the UK.
 
That sounds so interesting. When I left school I was just given the choice to be a nurse or a teacher. I don't regret it, I loved my job, but I had no idea about the other interesting career choices out there.
Hopefully you can sit much of the time.
 
Hi @Ellejay - interesting what you were saying about primary school teaching and getting up and down from tiny chairs. My only friend who has also had a TKR, was my Australian chum. She had it done in Dubai when we were living in Abu Dhabi. She had been a 'Kindy' teacher and even though she was tiny, said that it was getting up and down from little chairs and squatting to get on the same level as the children that completely ruined her knee. She was the one I mentioned a while ago who swore at the PT, was in constant floods of tears - but now teeters around in her high heels, travels extensively and lives life to the full.
 
Hi everyone, @nana moon, @DogLoverx3 ,@dogwheels, @ @Chihuahuan, @glazed151, @sez22 @Karringtyn@Yorkshiregal54, @yiayia3 @tashia @chestnc @suzzee2000 and anyone else......
I hope everyone's day went well.
I like the sound of a cream tea and a new coat @Nana moon 27, new clothes always make the world seem a better place, and it's lovely that the two of you could go out together. It sounds as if you were just in time to save you Mum from making an expensive mistake.
@dogwheels, I hope I'm like your friend very soon, although I can't imagine me ever teetering around in high heels again. I wore tiny heels for the first time today, probably not my best idea. I hope your pool session went well.
I'm envious of your hydro session @glazed151, there is nowhere near here that does it at an affordable rate, so it's the cold public pool with exercises of my own making for me - one day!
Today I had a lovely, very long, lunch with the girls, it was someone's birthday, we had a fantastic meal and then returned to her house for champagne and cake. I was really good and had sparkling elderflower, just in case I need a Tramadol later - which I might..... Both her and my husband offered to drive me home from her house, but no, Little Miss Independent has to walk home ....so I'm now sitting with a very sore, swollen elevated & iced knee, but also a great sense of satisfaction because I did it!!! Stubborn???? Moi?????:headbang::gaah:. Will I ever learn?:scratch:
Good luck with the OS appointment this evening @yiayia3, I do hope it all goes well.
 
@Ellejay sounds like you had a wonderful day rest now, love your photo. Well a very happy bunny tonight O.S very pleased he said at 6 1/2 weeks it as good as it can be 120 rom and 0 extension left knee to be done in a years time unless it gets worse so very happy tonight can now look forward to our trip to Greece have a good night all
 
@yiayia3, that is really good news, isn't it wonderful to get things a little more settled, so that you can start to plan things and live life again. I'm so pleased for you. Greece will be wonderful.
 
Yes, I thought I'd pay for the 'long walk home', and I did, from 3.30 to 6am this morning! I'm having a lazy day to recover today.
I have booked some hydrotherapy, it's not cheap, but everyone on this forum says it's wonderful,so I think I want to give it a go.
 
I'm on a quest. Did you find out what the pair of specs mean on the main page.
 
Hi @robynhood, not so far, but I did see your question this morning, which spurred me on, so I've posted the same question on @Nana moon 27 's thread, she's off line at present, hopefully we'll get an answer, it's puzzling!:shrug:
 
I think it shows up when you click on the "watch thread " box. It helps you keep track of dialogues you are following.
 
The glasses mean that someone is watching your thread and gets a notification whenever anyone posts! :-) Hope you're feeling better! xoxo
 
Hi again. Hope you don't me coming onto your thread again. Can you tell me how bad the pain was before your drainage and injection. I was reduced to tears today with the pain at the back of my knee. It's a different pain to the bone on bone pain but wow it was really bad today. I'm hoping I will find out on Saturday and get something to help with this awful pain.
 
Back
Top Bottom