Guest viewing is limited

TKR Dreaded MUA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] Dreaded MUA?


Happy Birthday to you @numbzee

Well done on your fabulous recovery

With love from Nana moon 27 x x xxxxx
 
Thank you Nana Moon for Happy Birthday wishes so surprised you knew. Sweet of you!
 
Went to PT today and made it to 111 . My therapist said she thought for sure I would be getting an MUA. So fortunate for me that I have been able to progress . I am so relieved .
I finally called my cardio and they said they had left me a message a week ago that my insurance company had approved the outpatient surgery for the heart looping monitor! Well I didn't get the message and have been watching the phone like a hawk! . So now the latest is that they are trying to schedule me for February 16 th. Keeping my fingers crossed it will happen. Thank you all for your support
 
114 at PT yesterday. Doctor visit with OS Thursday hope he approves !
 
Hiya, my PT never put me under any pressure and I did ask about what MUA was, he said it is not really used anymore and once your rom is increasing even at a slow pace that it is better to work gently with the TKR instead of with aggressive procedures. Best of luck. Holly
 
Thank you Holly I agree with you and I will just keep at it slow and steady. My PT said she is very pleased with my progress and said I won't need the MUA now. good luck to you too I see you are around 6 or 7 weeks with your LTKR. Hope you are doing great!
 
114 at PT yesterday. Doctor visit with OS Thursday hope he approves !
That is great!!! I have no doubt that our OS will be happy with it!
Thank you Holly I agree with you and I will just keep at it slow and steady
It may try our patience, but the slow/steady route will get the job done---I am glad to read that the MUA is out of the picture now.
 
Hi @numbzee
You are doing great. Slow and steady works so much better than rough and lots of pain. Congrats!!
Dana


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Visited my OS today and he was very pleased with my progress! He said seven weeks ago I was at 74 and in terrible pain just to get to that number and was considering an MUA if I hadn't improved considerately. He released me and said to come back on my one year postoperative . He said he would be ok if I wanted to just continue my exercises at home but I told him I wanted another month at PT so he gave me a new script. I am progressing but there is still pain especially on the IT band down the outside of my thigh. It feels raw and bruised like. He said that will get better with time . He said riding my exercise bike and stretching will help my recovery. It's still a roller coaster ride but more ups than downs at this stage. This recovery is a long journey fir sure!
 
@numbzee congrats, that's a great report from OS! So glad you made it through without the mua. I still get the occassional IT pain on outside side of my knee. I have also been told it will get better with time.​
 
IT pain- me, three! IT band issues seems to be a common theme after TKR. Mine is actually a lot better lately, despite not doing anything in particular about it. Congratulations on your wonderfully rapid progress. I hope you're feeling better in every way!
 
It band pain is plaguing me too. Doing all the recommended things. OS and PT both say it is the most common issue they see after TKR, but it will dissipate in time and following conservative treatments for it.



Sara

RTKR December 1, 2014
 
Thanks for sharing about how many suffer from IT pain. My doctor also mentioned that massage therapy will help speed up the healing. I scheduled one this weekend!
 
Visited my OS today and he was very pleased with my progress! He said seven weeks ago I was at 74 and in terrible pain just to get to that number and was considering an MUA if I hadn't improved considerately. He released me and said to come back on my one year postoperative .
Congratulations!!! That is an awesome report!! :wow::thumb::thumb:

It band pain is plaguing me too. Doing all the recommended things. OS and PT both say it is the most common issue they see after TKR, but it will dissipate in time and following conservative treatments for it.
I had a BTKR, and there were times that both IT Bands bothered me---stretching and ice massages really helped, and they did go away in time---but very frustrating and painful at the time, to be sure. Are you doing ice massages?

Take a paper cup, fill it full of water and then freeze it. Take the cup of ice out and put it on the sore area, and, as the ice melts, tear the cup away---it looks like this:
[Bonesmart.org] Dreaded MUA?


I did not have to use the foam roller, but, for some, it helps, too. I did the stretches, at times, four to five times a day.
 
My IT band bothers me especially after driving and riding the bike. PT told me to be sure I am keeping my leg/knee in a straight alignment rather than letting the leg relax to the side as that can really irritate the IT band issues.
 
Thank you for the advice Minnie's knees! Didn't think about keeping my knee in alignment
 
Last week got to 115 ROM at PT ! Slow and steady wins the race sometimes
 
@numbzee slow and steady will still get us to the goal. It may just take a little longer. Congrats n 115!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom