TKR dragonfly's recovery thread

@dragonfly 1976
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread.
For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here.
Don't worry that we won't see your question because, between us, the staff read all new posts every day.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
It been 7 months since my left knee replacement, have been doing great. I washed windows yesterday, climbing up and down ladder. Today my knee is hurting. Isn't my knee well past the point of overdoing? Opinions appreciated, thanks Candy
Complete recovery from a knee replacement takes a full year, sometimes even longer.
So no, I'm afraid your knee isn't yet past the stage where it will complain if you do too much for it.
Climbing up and down the ladder was probably asking too much of it.

Spend a couple of days resting more, elevating, icing and elevating, to help your knee to settle down again.
 
You and I have the the same knee anniversary date. I'm still struggling along but I know that things will continue to improve.. sometimes slower.. sometimes not so slow. 3 days ago my knee was feeling STELLAR and so I decided after a day of work - up and down at my desk - that I would take a longer walk than usual up a steep hill. WRONG. Since then my recovery has gone backwards a bit! I hate the internal swelling and feeling like I have to lug around an irritated knee! So live an learn and continue on!!!
 
I have been looking through the forums for information about tingling down the leg. Didn’t really find what I was looking for.

It has been 5 years since my right TKR. Recently I have been getting a tingling (pins and needles) feeling down that leg. Does anyone if this is normal?
 
I am going to tag @Josephine, our forum director and nurse to address your questions. I'm going on 3 years out and I still have some mild 'zingers' on the outside of my knee, but it doesn't go down far.
 
Ok thanks, this seems to start at and goes down to toes. Doesn’t really feel like the zingers but more of just a tingling.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom