Guest viewing is limited

TKR dragonfly's recovery thread

Oh yes! Probably due to anesthesia and/or the pain medication.
 
I was actually hoping it would last longer so I’d lose some weight by not wanting to eat, but it didn’t. I still need to lose some weight!
 
Oh yes! I loved veggies before my surgery. Afterwards, the thought of them was very unappetizing. The same thing with meat. I knew I needed the protein, but didn't want it. I survived on protein drinks and mixed nuts. Oh, and dark chocolate kisses. It was at least 6 weeks before I ate vegetables again.
 
Mine is actually a bit sore right now. Mine recoups pretty quickly at this point. ( 7 months post op )
 
Maybe you did a little too much activity. Back in July when I hurt myself (spent a weekend visiting friends and struggling with their lower height toilet) my calf hurt for weeks. It did get better, though, with that awful T word, time!:SUNsmile:
 
My calf hurt almost as bad as my knee did the first week or so. I think it's where they're moving your leg all around during the surgery, checking the alignment.
 
Bet that is what it is I know I have a big bruise on the side of it. Just didn't think that would make the back part hurt
 
If this calf pain is new, @dragonfly 1976 I think you need to get it checked out, to make sure you don't have a DVT.
 
What is DVT? It has been sore every sence I got out of surgery, but I learned to not lay that part on the pillow. So thought it kind of went away, till I started walking more noticed it hurting again
 
Just looked up DVT, I am on warfarin. It didn't feel warm or swollen. Just sore
 
How are you today? It took awhile before that calf pain left me completely. I even asked about it here and found out that it's normal for many of us.
 
Does anyone else have night sweats? Do you know what causes them? I wake up in the night just soaked.
 
oh yes, I was quite warm during the night early on - hardly needed bed covers, except when I was icing the knee. And often going from covers to no covers many times throughout the night. You don't have a fever do you? If so, you should get that checked out. It is also quite normal for the knee to feel very warm for many weeks. Not burning hot, but quite warm.
 
No, no fever just the night sweats.. my knee does feel warm unless icing. I have been getting a sharp pain on the inside of the knee, it seems to happen if I move my leg to quickly. Other then I seems to be progressing very well
 
I had lots of temperature swings day and night. I don't know if it's the pain meds or after effects of the surgery but lots of us have these issues.

The knee will feel warm for a while and it will be sensitive to various movements. I had that too.
 
Any suggestions for back of knee pian. I ice and elevate, when walk back of knee véry painfully.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom