Dragonfly's New Knee

If your hip pain is caused by a difference in your gait, your body will take time to adjust to it. As you adjust, your hip pain should decrease.
 
The nerve zingers feel like ants running up and down my leg carrying sparklers. Ice usually helps it. 7-10 days out from surgery was the worst for me. Hope that isn't true for you but if it is, it will get better in another few days.
 
You should also check whatever shoes or sneakers you are wearing to see if they have worn down unevenly. You may need to get new ones so you can walk correctly. I also neeed to see a chiropraor that helped to balance my hip, back and leg.
 
Thanks! PT comes tomorrow and I'll review the back problem with him. Right now it's really hurting so ice is there and not the knee.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
if ice is not working on your back try a heating pad. That was suggested to me by a chiropractor. It worked well for me.
 
My knee has been so much better that I've decreased the meds. Last night I increased to help the back...oh well, I step forward, 1 step back.
Feeling much better today.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Best thing for me is to keep moving, sometimes it is hard, though, when I need to go on parts run two hours from home. I'm trying to take only Tylenol arthritis morning and night. Starting on some turmeric, to see if I notice the difference. I have noticed more aches since I quit taking aleve twice a day and quit the Norco.
 
Great PT session today. Tossed the walker & on to a cane. 1st post op tomorrow.
Hope he says I can drive.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
8 day post op visit. Staff asked about removing staples & seem surprised I have glue & strips, no staples. Doc says I'm doing well.
Long day, doc appt, out to lunch, up a lot, then home PT was checking my strength and now I'm pretty sore & swollen. Well poop:(
Ice & elevate, I know.
I found it hard to judge how much was too much until it was too much.
Tomorrow is first day of outpatient PT. Doc gave PT permission for my back issue, too. For that I am grateful.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] Dragonfly's New Knee



Left Partial Knee medial replacement, 3/22/2017, Smith-Nephew Zuk model
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know how to remove the surgical pen markings?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Leave them alone for now. They'll fade gradually.

Once your wound has healed more and you are allowed to let the shower water run on them, they should go away faster.
 
Thanks, @Celle. I had a waterproof bandage and I've been showing for days now & they haven't budged.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Looks like they marks are starting to fade where you don't have the water proof bandage. It's too early to put anything on it yet.
 
Today is my first day back at work. I'm going in to run payroll then coming home.
I'll take this week and maybe the next several, really slow.
I'm a bit nervous[emoji47]



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@KarriB, looked really close last night at my scar. The deep purple markings are under my glue.
They'll be with for a while.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh no! Nothing you can do if it's under the glue! It will eventually wear off! Hopefully your pain level is better!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
You're going back to work very early! Are you able to ice and elevate at work? My OS suggested returning to work at 12 weeks and then I went back part time, mornings only. Are you able to concentrate to run payroll?
 
Today is my first day back at work. I'm going in to run payroll then coming home.
I'll take this week and maybe the next several, really slow.
That's much too early to be going back to work. Your knee will hate it and you will still not be able to think as well as normal. Do have someone check your calculations for the payroll payments.
It's really not wise to make important decision or money decisions so early in recovery.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom