THR Doodles51 recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is great Doodles51. I am really feeling confined today, so we are both on the same road.
Don't worry about the PT...it is all good. If something hurts, my PT says to stop.
Grumpyjoe...looking forward to the dance!
 
Hi @Doodles51
It's good to hear your updates and progress. You are close to your 2 week anniversary! I bet the cabin fever is pretty awful. I am hoping (when it's my turn) to get caught up in some really good books. :reading:
 
@Cynthia777
Oh no! Now I want to do more shopping for "the nest!" :heehee: the body pillow sounds perfect.
 
Agreed @Grumpyjoe Positive thoughts go a long way. Wishing everyone a speedy recovery or calm pre surgery time if you are waiting. I'm with both groups since I am scheduled for sept 24 for LTHR. Not looking forward to doing it all again so soon but want it over
 
Swelling has went down quite a bit and I'm finally sleeping, doing a little around the kitchen, laundry other than taking things out of dryer. Went for a walk outside yesterday. May attemp a short trip to store tomorrow with seated walker to get ready for PT trip on Monday. I hope everyone is doing well.
 
Glad you too are getting better. The last three days for me have been a miracle. Already today I have walked over 200 feet, helped make the bed, showered, and was able to do all sorts of little cleanups? I even put a camp chair in the front yard to enjoy the outdoors some. My grand daughters and 2 basset hounds are enjoying outside too.
 
I had my first PT out today. Went well. I learned i need to turn my right foot out and pick up my knees. I am so out of alignment from waddling. Looking forward (not really) to having the left done on September 24.
 
Another achievement! Doodles, how painful is the Left hip during your PT?
 
Day 2 of PT. Much better walking w/cane and walker. Lots of balancing, stretching and even treadmill slowly for 4 mins. Felt so good to move again after sitting around. Hope everyone is doing well.
 
@CricketHip left hip isn't too bad, but think it will be more challenging to move forward. I'm assuming this is why surgeon schedules 2 so close together, so the two can really heal together
 
Finally had post op visit today - 5 weeks tomorrow. Only saw the nurse practitioner but it went well. X-rays taken, everything looks well. Many restrictions lifted. I can bend a little more, drive, sleep on both sides. She emphasized how important it is to keep doing exercises PT gives you. Glad the left one went so well, but looking forward to having the right one done on Sept 24. Good luck to everyone having surgeries and recuperating
 
@Doodles51
You're doing so well! We are scheduled one day apart, so I'll be keeping a close eye on your recovery thread. Let's pray your second replacement will be even easier than your first one! :-)
 
@Cynthia777 how are you doing with pre surgery jitters? When I look back to day 2 and now, what a difference 5 weeks makes. You will be fine. It seems like time went really slow on a daily basis the first week, but now when I look back time overall went very quickly. Happy we are going to be surgery week buddies
 
@Doodles51
Are butterflies in ones stomach every time one thinks about the surgery considered jitters? Lol! Actually when I start feeling that way, I remind myself that God is in control and all the worrying in the world isn't going to make one bit of difference! :-)
I hope you are feelinging at peace while you wait for your surgery!!!! Hugs!
 
@Doodles51 You are doing very well in recovering from your first hip replacement and not long for the second one.You will be a few days ahead of me as mine is scheduled for the 28th September and not far behind @Cynthia777 Not long to wait now !
 
Thanks. Best of luck to @Kim22 and @Cynthia777 with your pre surgery anxiety. Honestly, I never thought I would say this, but I am ready for the left one to be done. The right hip is so much better, no pain, while the left drags me down with pain, lack of range of motion, and limping. I just want them both done so I can recuperate. I hoping for painless recovery again, but seems lots of people say the second one is worse than first.
 
Hi @Doodles51 it is my second too and like you I feel so ready to have my left one done.I hope all three of us have good recoveries I will be following your progress.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom