Guest viewing is limited

THR Doodles51 recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree on the recliner but wanting so badly to be in the bed!! It really does sort itself out but it just takes time.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks Beachgal...your words help. Hi BionicX2THR. Sleeping is not easy. The help and support on here are wonderful.
 
@Medfordart. Been thinking of you also. Glad you are doing well. I'm Doing ok. I cannot believe there is not more pain. I have a feeling mine will come more once everything starts healing. I made it upstairs tonight for a real shower. That was great. I was worried about going down the stairs but it was ok. I do not have v a recliner either.
 
Yes, I misread that about the recliner..so we are in the same place. I had a shower (barely) Sunday....getting ready for another..this time I will put the shower bench in for support. Are you doing PT?
 
What is the proper way to elevate legs sitting in a chair or lying in bed? I'm afraid I'll break the restrictions. Also have not slept on my non operated side yet for that reason
 
Go back to the list of articles I posted in this thread (post number2). In the mantra section there is a link on elevate. That article has images of the correct way to elevate.

Were you told to sleep on your back only in the first weeks? Many surgeons impose this restriction. If not, be sure and put a pillow between your legs if you sleep on your side. This prevents the top (op ) leg from dropping forward and violating restrictions.
 
Thanks @Jaycee. Things are
different for each person and surgical approach so I was worried about moving wrong. It is hard to roll on my left side because that hip is also bad. I had posterior
 
If you had posterior approach you may need to sleep on your back for the first few weeks. Check with your surgeon's office.

Don't worry too much about moving wrong. I had posterior with my LTHR and my hip just didn't want to move past the restrictions in the first few weeks.
 
Hope you have a speedy recovery Doodles51. :-)
 
Checking in on you, @Doodles51, and hoping that you are experiencing little improvements every hour!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Doodles51 Just checking in to see how you are feeling and hoping that you are doing well. :fingersx: Been checking in on you since the big day hoping for the best for you.
 
I'm ok. Thanks for thinking of me. Hope everyone else is doing well. I still cannot sleep much at night but have little pain. I am starting to get more thigh pain and calf foot swelling is about the same. The swelling around incision seems to deflate overnight a couple of days ago.
 
Feeling so much better today. Starting to use the cane more and finally slept
More than 2 hours last night. I go to my first physical therapy on Monday. Can't wait to get out of this house. Boredom and restrictions are my biggest complaint at this point. I know the real pain is coming with PT. I hope everyone out there is doing well
 
Keep it rocking. I had a rough first week but I feel so much better this week. Still a lot of pain in one area but it will go away soon I am sure. The best thing is positive energy. Many great people here to keep the focus right.

Sleeping on the side is tough. I still cannot find the right pillow combo or position of comfort when I get there. The only way I can now is to stuff 2 pillows between my legs from the knees to the feet. I bend my knees slightly and sit up some as I roll over. It took a lot of strength but little pain. Still not the right thing for me but I miss side sleeping soo much.

Find something that is comfy a chair, bed position or shower. I love my showers and look forward to a real good soaking next week. I also found loose clothes make a lot of difference. For me it means PJs or the stretch shorts the hospital gave me. None of my jeans fit right now. I blame the wife for taking them in.

Enjoy the ride as the dancing in the end is wonderful
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom