THR Done, Dusted & Determined!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nana2-8

senior
Country
United States United States
I'm starting my recovery thread this afternoon before 'the day of'...mostly so I know where to find it when I'm in the blur of recovery. If it's true that patients are taken according to age...what does that say that I am the FIRST one 'up'? Way, way, way back in the foggy part of my brain, the thought has drifted thru...."if everything goes amazingly, would it be even possible that they would discharge me the same day and I wouldn't have to stay overnight?" - Probably not, for two reasons...PT would need time to work their 'magic' and we all know how long it takes to actually GET those discharge papers once the Dr. says GO! ~ ~ So, since I'm not taking my Ipad with me, (only my Iphone) I 'might' not check in until sometime Friday...or who knows when. I'll try to let someone know that I am headed home, or arrived home, ready to rotate the colorful ice packs!!!

I see you have your ticket for the Recovery RollerCoaster ride, be sure to remove your hat, and glasses, and keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times it is going to get crazy for the next few weeks. :good-bad::ice::yay::bawl::curtsey: :sos: :alarm: Ups, downs, forward, backward, happy, sad good, bad its all in there, sometimes in the same hour.

Hope everything goes well tomorrow.

You're so full of spunk, @Nana2-8, we all know your recovery posts are going to be a blast! You're done, girl!!! And with so many praying and awaiting your arrival this side of surgery, I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a party going on! (Shall I have "Dancing Queen" playing in the background? I think it'd be the perfect entrance song as you come through the doors of the recovery forum!! :dancy:)

And true to her word, here's an email our wonderful @Nana2-8, sent to me around 9:45 her time, night of surgery! She asked me to copy and paste - Oh, there's gonna be no keeping this girl down!

I've forgotten my password so I can't get in. All the prayers and good thoughts must have been heard!!! I'm doing a little more than anticipated. Hurts in a different way but know it will get better. Trying to note all the details for home. So far, up twice, went potty, and walking with walker was easier than I thought – and nurses DO wake you every hour. I need to get home to get asleep.

:yahoo::welome::yay:
Glad to hear you are doing well. Looking forward to following your recovery.

I'm already home!!! Have loaded up the pill box(s) and am sitting on sofa with two hospital ice packs. Pain not as bad as I anticipated. Of course I'm loaded with drugs and am operating on a grand total of 40 minutes sleep. I HAD to come home to get some rest. Totally worn out.
Thinking of you today Wendy!!!
Thanks to all of you who have gone before. I felt so ready!!,,,,more later

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Welcome to the other side! Lots of rest, ice and elevation prescribed. Slow and steady will get you there! I'll leave your recovery articles here for you to refer to:
First are the BoneSmart mantras ....
- rest, elevate, ice and take your pain meds by the clock
- if it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physiotherapist - to do it to you
- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again
- if you won't die if it's not done, don't do it
- never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can go to sleep!
- be active as much as you need to be but not more than is necessary, meaning so much that you end up being in pain, exhausted or desperate to sit down or lay down!

Pain management and the pain chart
Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of THR recovery
Dislocation risk and 90 degree rule
Energy drain for THRs
Pain and swelling control: elevation is the key
Activity progression for THRs
Home physio (PT)
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

Sleep is avoiding me. Pain is there but different. DH has been absolutely wonderful! I hate that I need his help in order to use the bathroom. And , as we know, surgery means plenty of trips. I have to learn to plan ahead.....so far, have puddled in three pair of underwear. Not interested in food. Man!!!....the pills!! DH was in charge of loading my huge pillbox. Have to say, my own ice bags are winners! Today was brutal....tomorrow will be better

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

@Nana2-8 it does get better. Congratulations on being home and dear husband probably is glad to be a help or bossy which ever. I know mine has been both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
kneequery