THR Done, Dusted & Determined!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly!!!! This whole process IS a huge puzzle! (WHo"s hiding the missing piece?). Our Saturday night gathering was delightful....and NO, I didn't have to drive home! While DH was golfing Sunday, I tripped near the raised toilet seat and felt so bummed....hurt like the dickens, so iced, elevated, took Tylenol and shed a few ( well....more than a few...to my surprise) tears of disappointment. Felt all better today, thank you, Lord! So much so, that I ventured to Meijers (like Target, but quieter) and walked more steps today than I have since weeks before surgery! I swear I was clinging to that cart with white knuckles. My back ached when I returned to the car so laid down when I returned home. I'm learning my limits, but it was a confidence builder. Am having lunch with a young friend and her baby on Thursday....unless it rains. Still very afraid of slipping.

@Nana2-8 Shopping carts are my friend. Just don't go to a store when it's like a cart-derby! The cutaneus nerve irritation in my leg is Meralgia Paresthetica. OS seems to think it will go away over time. He prescribed Lyrica -- info that comes with it freaked me out so it's sitting there until I see PT folks and family doc. Just have to keep plodding on :climb::hiking:

Wow!!! Another weekend behind me!! I packed a lot in. Out to dinner Friday night. Went to mass for the first time since surgery on Saturday night ( no kneeling!) and then straight to dinner at our friends home.....where they make THE BEST pizza!!! Nice, friendly low-key evening. Sunday, my first big venture to Costco, with DH, and even tho it was later in the day, I was a nervous wreck while there! People seem to traverse that store at one pace....hurry!...and looking left and right....very distracted! I had my cane in the cart, but evidently no one took time to notice! Exhausted by the time we got home. Monday...no golf for DH so we got a lot of chores done around the house. I even vacuumed! Napped for about 20 minutes and then headed downtown to meet our daughter and her family for an early dinner before they headed back to Chicago.

I'm finding myself moving around more and more without my cane. I think it's become my 'security blanket'. It's sort of a "warning" to others that I need a little "space" and I want them to be aware of it. I look forward to the day went I won't have the need to be so cautious but I'm not quite at the 6 week mark, so 'all in due time'. Meeting another girlfriend for lunch tomorrow. That makes lunch out last Thursday, brunch on Friday, ....I guess the word is out that I am mobile!!! - Still haven't tried sleeping on my side! See the OS the 14th and am making a new list of questions.

@Nana2-8 Wow!!! You are getting busy! I am so glad it is all going so well. I do hope you are taking a day or two to rest up...lol Thanks for the update! I'm watching your thread and dreaming of how my recovery will go. :)

Wow, you and Brenda (@Wrknitout) are in full gear!! I'm impressed at the amount of visiting, outings and busyness you're packing into your days, Kathy! When you stop to think about the fact that the experts say short term recovery is 3-6 months, I'd say you're doing amazingly well!!! Keep up the great work, my friend!!! xoxo

It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. I think you were busier last weekend than I am most weekends I am not recovering . I think fitting in that short nap was a good move .
You are right about Costco...people really are in a hurry and there are a lot of them hustling around it was a little nerve wracking. I too had my cane in the cart hoping people would notice and give me a little room. I don't think to many people did but, oh well ... all is well that ends well . I made it home all in one piece . The only thing that got hurt was my wallet lol!!
I am glad you are doing so well . It sounds like you are staying busy and being smart about it. You are an inspiration. Hugs.

How's this for throwing something into the recovery process? 8 weeks after surgery we headed south....a 7 hour drive on day 1 and a 10-1/2 hour drive the next day! Took my good sweet time unpacking on Monday. My best friend and I went furniture shopping for a new sofa (possibly) since DH feels sorry for me with our pretty, butter yellow low-slung leather on Tuesday. Late Tuesday, we were issued evacuation orders by 4pm Wednesday. Hurricane Matthew was on the way. We thought we could ride it out. When they evacuated the hospital, we got "outta dodge"! Three couples, 2 cats, one dog, and one cripple (moi). We were able to return to our home today.....to a hole the size of our queen size bed right over our bed....from a tree....a new "skylight"!!! Anyway...I found myself sweeping the circle driveway and 8 steps to the front door....just to clear a path for possible contractors when they find their way back to their homes....eventually!!! So....I guess I'm pretty recovered! I ache like crazy, and limp and slouch when I am tired, much less exhausted, but I'm better than I was 10 weeks ago! And by getting out, we may have dodged a bullet.....if the tree had reached the bed! Always something exciting! So, I pop a few Tylenol! - Couldn't even have written this an hour ago...no phones, no internet, no TV....but two of he three are back.....thank goodness for cell phones. (By the way....we are in the Hilton Head Island area). Xxoo

@Nana2-8 Holy moly! Im glad you all evaced and are safe. Stinks that you have damage to the house but that is fixable. Be sure to take it easy and let your body rest now. :)

Well really @Nana2-8 :yikes: - never the easy way! Thank goodness you're okay and no surprise you're hurting. You'll need to give your body some payback after all that activity. :chillpill: Fingers crossed all will be resolved soon, meanwhile just glad you are safe. :angel:

Wow, Kathy!!!!!!! I'm SO sorry you were literally hit by the hurricane, but so thankful it didn't arrive while you were in bed!!! :yikes: Nothing like a new project to keep you busy now!!!! Can you imagine if you'd have had to deal with all of this prior to surgery or freshly post-op? :nah:
I'm right there with you on the over-doing it symptoms - when I push it, I pay for it; doing more and more, but can tell there's still a lot of recovering going on! Even though it seems like surgery was so long ago, it's hard to keep in mind that in reality there are still early days for us!

I'm so grateful you're all safe and sound - soon this will be an unforgettable memory to add to the books!!!!
xoxo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
2_bum_hips