Guest viewing is limited

TKR Dog lover's recovery page

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering when those who have had bilaterals returned to work? Of course, for those who are still working.....I know there are many variables, but just interested to see the timeframe in which others have returned.

I see my surgeon Thursday and I am hoping he lets me return to work. I am just at the 12 week point. I still go to PT twice a week, pool PT once a week. My ROM on both legs is good. I still get edema and have difficulty with weight bearing activities after about 10 minutes. Walking without a cane, just started that, about 15 minutes outside, in which the last 5 minutes are pretty uncomfortable, dare I say painful. I'm only taking ibuprofen for pain, as I can't tolerate anything else from a GI perspective.

Having said all that, I need to return to work, but was really thinking I would be in a better place than I actually am. I know I am doing well, just wish the pain and/or discomfort was better. I enjoyed the conversation WHAT IS PAIN AND WHAT IS DISCOMFORT!

Thank you
Lisa.


I returned to the classroom after my BTKR at eight weeks. I honestly can tell you that I was excited to do so; I can also say now, in retrospect, that I should have waited another 2-4 weeks, asn returning that early slowed down my recovery.

I have always said that "work is what defines us", but I should have been less eager to return to teaching, as I was often time exhausted and very stiff by the end of the day. IT is not that I had to go back---I have, right now, accumulated about 280 sick days, but I felt that I was ready and that I needed to go back. Silly me!
 
I am curious as to when those with bilaterals and/or those with RTKR started driving?

I am approaching 7 weeks and haven't started yet. I have just started using a cane, and it's still pretty difficult, I can't do stairs that well.

I see the OS this Tuesday and am hoping for his ok

I think I would be ok driving. Would practice, though.

I have a right TKR and I got in the car and drove at the end of my third week. I drove short trips only for that week, under 10 minutes. I can now drive 20-25 minutes and am OK (I am at 6 w2eeks).

Thx.
 
So I am at four months TODAY for bilaterals, am back to work full time.

I'm wondering how other bilats feel or felt at this stage in recovery? I'm still going to PT twice a week , they say I'm doing great. I just am getting inpatient with my stamina, tolerance or whatever you might call it. Standing, walking, activities for any period of time causes a lot of discomfort. Did minor housework this morning for a few hours, which I was standing, walking, etc. then went shopping and felt horrible.

Just thought I would be in a better place by now.

Appreciate comments :puppysmooze: :gaah:
 
So I am at four months TODAY for bilaterals, am back to work full time.

I'm wondering how other bilats feel or felt at this stage in recovery? I'm still going to PT twice a week , they say I'm doing great. I just am getting inpatient with my stamina, tolerance or whatever you might call it. Standing, walking, activities for any period of time causes a lot of discomfort. Did minor housework this morning for a few hours, which I was standing, walking, etc. then went shopping and felt horrible.

Just thought I would be in a better place by now.

Anyone care to comment?

Thx.

Appreciate comments :puppysmooze: :gaah:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom