Guest viewing is limited

Does your new knee have a name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Counselor and EDK....you guys really made me laugh this morning!!! I truly like the idea of corporate naming....how funny! I'm still chuckling!!!
 
You guys who name your knees are far more interesting than I. I was so busy in the beginning cussing mine if I had named them it wouldn't have been fit for print. Now we have come to a truce so long as they behave. I loved the names though, "Stella" how funny but I have to admit my favorite is the Metal Mickey's. This post was a great way to start my morning, thanks for the chuckle. Rowdy
 
OK...I guess I am weird, but I did name my new knee. I've mentioned this somewhere else on this site and nobody came to lock me up, so I guess I'll explain it again. Post surgery I was awake most nights. An old situation comedy was always on at 3:00 A.M. and I began to look forward to it. It was called Coach and there was a character who was big and dumb and not very good looking, but he was very strong and did his job. The actor who played this part is named Bill Fagerbakke so I started calling my knee Bill. When I went back to work teaching 8th grade, I told my kids and then they knew I was weird....something they had suspected for some time. Oh well..life is too short to be boring. I love the name Stella. It's classy.

I remember that show! As I was reading your post, my first thought was that you named your knee Fagerbakke! Yeah, I'm really weird! But I like Bill--its a good, solid name...reliable...strong....dependable....easy going. All the things a good knee should be.

Weezy
 
Hey Weezy,
Thanks for your reply. Good Ol' "Bill" has really lived up to his character name recently and I posted a thread about my fall three days ago. "Bill" got bent back more than he has ever gone before when I slipped on ice on my front porch. He let me know he was not happy at first, along with the ankle attached to him, but he has really shown how strong he is. He didn't swell up or turn purple like the ankle. I am amazed by his strength and I am more certain than ever that I named him correctly. I guess it was sort of a self manipulation that I would not recommend, but "Bill" and I lived through it. Hope you are doing well.
 
So Weezy,
Thursday is the day that you go and get Marlon Brando
to keep Stella company. Or maybe this one will be a
"Street Car named Desire." LOL What ever you name it
will be great!! I will praying that everything goes wonderful
for you. I will be waiting to hear from you when you feel well
enough to post. I took my Lap top to the Hospital with me
so I could stay in touch with my Grandchildren. They needed
to know that Granny was A-OK.
^i^
 
Thanks, Calling....even though its my second time around, I'm still nervous but anxious for it to be over.

As for the name of the new knee...I was at a department retreat last September with a fabulous bunch of people. Since I had just come back from a grueling trip, I had my Aircast cooler and was limping pretty good.

So the talk turned to getting my other knee done, and since they all knew Stella's name, the question came up about what was I going to call the new one? Marlon? Brando? So names were bandied about for a while. All male.

Then one piped up: "But what if Stella doesn't WANT a male companion? What if she would prefer a she?" Once everyone quit laughing, we decided she had a very valid point. :)

So...at this time, I don't know who Stella's partner will be...could be a Marlon or it could be a Thelma or it could be a Dave. Guess it'll introduce itself when the time comes.

gawd...I've truly gone 'round the bend! But its 1:00 a.m. Wednesday morning, I've been up since 3:00 a.m. Tuesday morning, and I've just recently finished up all my clients and no more work until afterwards. Its been a grueling few days.

Weezy
 
Weezy,
I am glad to hear that you got all your Clients finished up, I know that
you wanted to clear the decks before this surgery. And maybe I am
weird but even though you and I have chosen to have the 2nd knee done,
it does not make it any easier. In fact knowing what We know now I
think we are brave!!!!!!! But then I think maybe this will be that easy
knee everyone is always taking about!!!!! And then I say self what if
the RTKR was the easy one????????? So then I say self does it really make
any differance?? The knee is hurting all the time and you want to be able
to Dance with your 17 year old Grandson at your 40th right?? And I say right!
So I say self it is time to "Buck up little buckeroo!!!"
So Thursday will be your "Brave" day!! And it will be the day I set up my next
new knee. And hopefully I will dance with Our Precious Miracle Baby Boy on our
50th!! He will be 14 by then. (He is 3 1/2 now) So enjoy your day today!!
I have PT at 11 but after that I will be home. And believe it or not there is NO
SNOW today!!! Yippie Skippie!!!!!
^i^
 
Bill is a perfectly good name for a mechanical thing. In Avon Co, there is a
bridge across the Eagle River, they had a naming contest among residents
and he winner was "Bill". So as you cross there is a simple official green and
white sign saying "Bill the Bridge"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom