TKR DLR recovery #2

Thanks, Diane. Mine's a drop in the ocean compared to tkr!
You will be the bionic woman after today.
 
Arrived the hospital to find my surgery is cancelled..no beds available... tentatively rebooked for May :(
 
Oh my, what a let down! :console2:

(and I can’t tell you how much I wish that had happened to me! I wanted to cancel but was too embarrassed to tell my friends I chickened out. This would have been my perfect out.)
 
@DLR

I’m so sorry that happened!!

I know how long and how much effort it took me to screw up determination and to prep for my joint replacements. I can’t imagine.

So sorry.
 
@DLR are you serious????
I heard today at physio that the surgeons are going crazy right now with all the falls and broken bones last few weeks and the flu outbreak. That is so hard for you being all geared up and then not.
At least you have some more time to get righty to toe the line before lefty jumps in.

Fingers crossed maybe you’ll get a cancellation call before
 
  • Agree
Reactions: DLR
@traceys must admit tears were shed when they called me into the exam room in day surgery and told me...but I also felt bad for the poor floor manager whose job it was to tell each of us
 
Wow, Diane! Just wow. I can't imagine how you must feel. Not much you can do about it though. :console2:
 
  • Agree
Reactions: DLR
I'm sorry your surgery had to be postponed. What a shame you now have to wait for 3 months.
Did you ask to be put on the list to be called sooner if there are any cancellations?
 
@Celle they will call if there is a cancellation however right now biggest frustration for the surgeon and patient is that the hospital doesn’t give them extra OR time to fit in the patients that had to be cancelled due to bed shortage.
 
What a nightmare! I'm sure you were all geared up to get that surgery over with. But, I always say that things happen for a reason, that God's in control, so it's for the best. That doesn't make the waiting any easier, though.
 
@sistersinhim totally agree, had my tears this morning now am at peace. I know God can open a cancellation spot if He chooses to meanwhile I need to rest in that knowledge
 
Wow, that’s a really long time to wait. I hope they are able to accommodate you sooner.
 
  • Agree
Reactions: DLR
What an emotional roller coaster ride this has been for you. Does this mean you need to go through all the pre op again. :sad: Hang in there I always say there is a reason for everything, we may not understand now but your time will come.
 
  • Agree
Reactions: DLR
I wondered about the ore op testing, also.
 
If the rebooking is more than 4 weeks from My cancelled surgery I will have to go thru pre op testing again.
 
That’s what I thought.
 
:loveshwr:

Woohoo!!!! Will they but closer even maybe? Fingers crossed.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DLR

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom