Guest viewing is limited

THR Dislocation after 10th Dec 2012 surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grief, what a pile of bad luck you had. 2013 should be a great year for you, with new femur/hip, and a new puppy. When does the new family member arrive? Please post pictures of the little cutie.
 
Hi Sissy46,
Our new little pup who we are going to call Dora arrives the end of Feb. I am so excited as our old dog died just before I had the accident so we decided not to get a new one before I was able to walk.I will post pictures. She is a minature bull terrier. How is your new hip going? Hopefully very well.
 
Just browsing and see you've had a horrible time lately. Glad your recovery is going well.. make sure your new little bud doesn't push you over or jump on your lap too hard! Take care.
 
Hi Vida,
You seem to have had many more problems than I have had, just hope you have a better year this year. We bought the miniature so she is not as big and rough. LOL
 
:dancy: Hi All,
Just to update you on my progress. Today I returned to surgeon for 6 week check He was very happy with my progress
and told me that I could walk around the house without crutches or walker. When out to still use one crutch as my muscles have not been used for 12months due to being in the wheelchair. All in all he is very happy, I am very happy and my life can begin again.
 
Glad to hear things are going well. Freedom! Such a wonderful feeling.
 
Just to update on my review THR with repair of femur. Seven days ago my hip dislocated. It was quite traumatic and I did not seem to do anything wrong to make this happen.In the end I put it down to doing something and it must have been my fault. I got to hospital and the surgeon put it back in and I went home the next morning. Six days later it was out again, and this time I have been so careful that I know for sure I done nothing to cause it.
Now I feel paranoid. Frightened to sit, stand, lie down or move any part of my body. I am going to the surgeon today for him to explain what he is going to do as I do not want another dislocation.
Last time I waited 3 hours for the ambulance to come.
 
Oh my goodness! I am so sorry this happened to you. Have they given you a brace for that hip?

Jo is away for a few days, but I'll tag her so she'll see your thread right away when she gets back. I'll also tag Jamie because she may have some advice for you.

Josephine Jamie
 
suhay1....I'm so sorry to hear you had a dislocation. Please know that this is not your fault!!! It is important for you to talk with your surgeon, though, so I'm thankful that you have an appointment soon. Please let us know what he has to say.

I merged your latest thread with your other recovery thread. We do like to keep all updates, questions and concerns in a single thread. It makes it much easier to go back and review what has happened when someone does have a problem. Please post here from now on. Each time you post, it will bring the thread to the front of the index list, so it should receive the same attention as if you started a new one. And, if you decide you'd like a different thread title at some point, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.

Hang in there.....hopefully you can get some answers soon from the surgeon.
 
suhay1

Oh my god. After a difficult 12 month period, this has been a terrible situation.

How did you understand that there was a dislocation?

İ hope you will recover in the earliest and have a pain free and literally free life.
 
3 hours for an ambulance????? Why???? That is horrible. What kind of pain were you in??? I would like to know also how you knew??? I guess I need to research dislocation. I am so sorry you have had such a hard time. Please keep us posted as to what your OS says happened!
 
Hi everyne, I am now going in on Monday to have a bigger ball, a collar??? it is something to stop the dislocations around the cup and the surgeon will have to repair the damage to the muscles and ligaments that the dislocations caused.
If you get a dislocation you will know. It is horrible pain and your leg immediately goes about 3" shorter. My hip dislocated to the back sometimes evidently they dislocate to the front. I could feel my hip in my behind.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that the hip does not dislocate before then.
The 3 hr wait for the ambulance is because it was night and so many people call for headaches, sore fingers or the like that the ambulance has to attend and that puts cases that are genuine waiting. I will keep you informed of my progress
 
You've sure had bad luck, but thank goodness it is fixable and you don't have to wait long.
Good luck on Monday, and keep up posted.
 
Wow suhay you really have had a rough go of things. It sounded like things had finally taken the right turn in January after the previous year. It is crazy to think that just a month later you dislocated. Hopefully Jo can shed some light on how and why it happens, as I thought that after the first six weeks the muscles would have formed the new pseudo capsule around the joint.

I'm sending you all kinds of comfort and prayers to get you through and past Monday. Good luck with it all.
 
Thank you for your support, will let you know the outcome
 
SO SO sorry to hear this!!!! My God, I hope things will get better for you. From experience, I can tell you that a larger size diameter head/ball will help you. It's much more anatomical. I have one in, and while I haven't tried to move past the recommended ranges, I have heard plenty that you can resume normal movements eventually. Wishing you the best of luck!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom