Guest viewing is limited

THR Dislocation after 10th Dec 2012 surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am now going in on Monday to have a bigger ball, a collar???
I hope it works for you. Hips shouldn't dislocate that easily. I look forward to hearing how you've done with the revision.

What hospital are you in?
 
Hi all, Well came home yesterday from Monday operation for review of hip after dislocations. I went to St John of God private hospital in Ballarat Victoria Australia Josephine. I am feeling fine, the surgeon put a new ball on fixed the ligaments and muscles that were torn. He did not put the collar around the cup as he wanted to try this out before he resorted to measures that would be much harder to fix if anything went wrong.He thought that the dislocations had not done as much damage as he imagined. I guess I can only hope this will do the job.
I hope it works for you. Hips shouldn't dislocate that easily. I look forward to hearing how you've done with the revision.

What hospital are you in?
 
I'm glad you're back home already. Keep us posted on your progress, okay? I've been very concerned about you.
 
I'm glad you're back home already. Keep us posted on your progress, okay? I've been very concerned about you.
thank you alexthecat. I am keeping my fingers crossed moving very slowly. LOL
 
I hope this does it for you---you've been through enough already.
Please take it slow and easy, take your pain meds, and keep us posted.
 
Hi Suhay, I just caught up with your story. I am so sorry you have had such a tough time. I sincerely hope this is the end of it for you. Hopefully there will be no more drama.
 
Suhay how are you getting along?

:flwrysmile:
Hi dede62, I am going along fine thanks, I am just paranoid about the hip dislocating again, it is making me extra careful this time although I dont think that I done a lot wrong last time. I guess I just have to wait and see, I really do not want or need another operation on this hip. LOL :spin:
 
Hi Suhay, so sorry to hear of all your problems with this hip. Fingers crossed for you! Please do keep us updated!
 
Suhay, I just read some of your post. Man that's scary. Please take care. Tashia
 
Suhay, I'm guessing it's not something you probably did. I hope the new repairs take care of everything. It is awful thinking of it happening (I think very new hippy probably feels that way). At almost 17 weeks I'm finding I squat quite a bit and now I say a little prayer in my head to keep everything in its place! :beg:
 
Suhay, I'm guessing it's not something you probably did. I hope the new repairs take care of everything. It is awful thinking of it happening (I think very new hippy probably feels that way). At almost 17 weeks I'm finding I squat quite a bit and now I say a little prayer in my head to keep everything in its place! :beg:
I can just keep my fingers crossed dede62. I think possibly that so much has been done to this hip and that is the reason. The silly thing is that when I broke the femur, it never dislocated the hip replacement that I had in at the time. I could do anything with the first one. I will just have to be conscious of it more.
 
suhay1

Sorry, I am a MIA at the moment, but had to check in with my Aussie friends, especially as I used to live in Ballarat!

My thoughts are with you that this current procedure has fixed the dislocation problem for you.. Rest now Aussie :)
 
suhay1

Sorry, I am a MIA at the moment, but had to check in with my Aussie friends, especially as I used to live in Ballarat!

My thoughts are with you that this current procedure has fixed the dislocation problem for you.. Rest now Aussie :)
Thanks Poppet, I hope so too
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom