THR Discouraged about length of time it is taking me<

@Nana40 you will notice that I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread. Your post does indeed relate to your recovery thread and we need all your history in one place in order to advise you.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread. If you would like a new thread title just give a shout.

Are you still using the theraband and exercising as you reported earlier. What besides walking are you doing?
 
NAna, you do have to keep in mind that everyone's recovery can be very different. There are many variables including what condition we were in before we had the surgery. Some people could hardly get around or were wheelchair bound before surgery so, of course, their recovery would be slower. But even if you were in decent shape prior to surgery, your recovery time is unpredictable. Some people just plain take longer to heal than others. I wish you well and hopefully you will be ale to walk well with no aids in the near future.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am hoping to put up a new post - not sure I'm doing it right.
I am now 11 months out from my posterior approach THR.
I can not walk very far at all because I get a deep ache in center of
buttock on side of hip replacement. (left) Also, I continue to have aching
on outside of upper thigh. Many things have been suggested to me and I'm considering
asking for an MRI so as to maybe able to see if a tendon or muscle or ? is the problem.
I'm very very discouraged.
 
Nana40,
Sorry to hear you are still having challenges.
You posted in the right place, with everything in the right thread, moderators can easily look back at your prior posts to advise.
If you would like a new title, let us know and someone will get it changed for you.

I am going to tag @Josephine for you.
 
So sorry @Nana40
I don't have any advice but I'm sure Josephine will.
Prayers for your comfort. I hope you have a good week!
 
Hi @Nana40. I get that occasionally even now. Some days none. I am compensating for my right hip a bit when I walk. I find icing is helpful. My symptoms seem to fit what I read on here regarding piriformis syndrome in my backside and a bit of bursitis on the side. I find the stretching and ice work-hip itself is fine. Certainly do check with doctor to be sure.
 
So sorry you are still struggling.
Hope you get answers...try not to lose faith.
Sending healing hugs:santa hug:
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom