TKR Diney's got another new knee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diane, love that hat---you look soooo posh! And you have a handsome son, too. And you danced! Just so happy you enjoyed yourself and that your knees behaved themselves.

Sounds as if you may be ready to do a tour. Time sure makes a difference, doesn't it? There was a time you thought you'd never get here----AND HERE YOU ARE!

Take care, keep us posted, we care.
 
Hi Diane

Wow, you all look absolutely stunning and your outfit is gorgeous. I love the brides dress and a very good looking son you have. It is great how our knees behaved on the day!

Keep us posted on all your Olympic preparations.
 
It's been a while but I had to post today as it's the 6th month anniversary of my left knee and almost 9 months for the right. Things are getting better all the time and my new knees went back to work on Wednesday! I took a small group on a walk in the east end of London finishing outside the Olympic Park. My knees behaved very well and I really enjoyed getting back to guiding. I am not rushing back to lots of work but have another tour next week - highlights of the British Museum for some students from South America.
For everyone following behind I just want to say that recovery can seem to take for ever and I have had my share of frustration. BUT it is all worth it eventually. I went to a function last night and stood and chatted for an hour and a half - something I couldn't do before. I still have a way to go but my life has opened up again and I am so grateful for the surgery.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Diney's got another new knee!
Diane's back on the tour trail---with two terrific man-made knees! So good to hear from you and so happy that life is getting back to "normal" and that you're easing into work. Take care--don't be a stranger, let us hear from you once in a while.
[Bonesmart.org] Diney's got another new knee!
 
Lovely photos, Diane! My son's wedding is in September and i am hoping to wear shoes with a heel!
Missed the last train!?......that's what we'd call 'a dirty stop out!' :cocktail: :spin:
 
:yay: Thanks for the great update, so happy you are back tour guiding!
:bicycle1:
 
Hi Diane, only a few weeks now and I'll be your tour guide.
 
Margaret posted a photo of our meeting in Queensland. We had a wonderful day and I posted on her thread but just want to add this.
While I have been on my world trip my knees have passed their 10th and 7th month anniversaries. After I left Queensland I went to Mount Cook, New Zealand's highest mountain and I actually managed to climb a snowy slope to view the Tasman glacier. I can't tell you what a wonderful feeling it was to be up there. I never thought my knees would manage it but they are still improving all the time. Josephine tells us to be patient and she is so right!
 
Diney,
You looked lovely with your hat! And your son is very handsome !! So glad you are easing back yo work!! I am just almost 5 weeks post arthroscopy on my left knee, and my RTKR is just 1 month younger than yours.i can't wait to go back to work!! How exciting you did a tor during the Olympics, I was glued to the TV, watching them.
Glad to hear your knees are doing well, and so are you!!
 
Hi Diney, Just wanted to say I am so happy you were able to so enjoy your travels! I am on vacation now and know how you feel about being able to do STUFF with your new knees!
 
Diane, good for you making it up a snowy slope and down! How amazing to be able to do that so soon - pat on the back for you. I hope your trip was as wonderful as it sounded. Keep in touch :thumb:
 
Just a quick post to say I returned home safely from my big trip a week ago and my knees are just fine. It really was a joy not just to walk everywhere but also to manage all the airport check in queues and security with all the standing and walking that entails.
However a couple of days later the dreaded labrynthitis returned - I have been unbalanced and dizzy and confined to home. I think seven flights, lots of boats, trains and coaches as well as lots of time zones finally took its toll but I did have a wonderful trip!
If I get better in time I have one more trip to do: a walking holiday in Jersey with an hour's flight next Saturday Sep 15. By then the right knee will be 11months old and the left 8months. I will let you know how I get on.
 
Hi Diane, good to hear you've arrived home ok and knees behaved themselves. Let's hope labrynthitis clears up in time for your walking trip. I know how much you were looking forward to it. How was Auckland? And the wedding?
 
Hello everyone

I have just realised my second knee was one year old yesterday! So I thought I would post an update.

A few days ago I walked five miles for the first time - through mud, over stiles and up and down some gentle hills. This is what I had been hoping to achieve right from the start. It is such a glorious feeling to be back out in the open countryside without having to worry if my knees will behave themselves.

They are never going to be perfect. I can't squat down on my heels, can only get out of a bath with a great deal of difficulty and do have the odd aches and pains in the newest knee but I am still so glad I had both knees replaced.

I have gone back to work but only part time - I take groups of people round the Tower of London and the British Museum. I volunteer a morning a week in our church office manning the telephone and making coffee and I try and walk about 30 minutes a day.

I didn't make the Jersey walking holiday in September but we have now booked another one in Austria in June. So my goal is to work up to longer walks by then.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year and the very best with all your recoveries!
 
Hello everyone

I have just realised my second knee was one year old yesterday! So I thought I would post an update.

A few days ago I walked five miles for the first time - through mud, over stiles and up and down some gentle hills. This is what I had been hoping to achieve right from the start. It is such a glorious feeling to be back out in the open countryside without having to worry if my knees will behave themselves.

They are never going to be perfect. I can't squat down on my heels, can only get out of a bath with a great deal of difficulty and do have the odd aches and pains in the newest knee but I am still so glad I had both knees replaced.

I have gone back to work but only part time - I take groups of people round the Tower of London and the British Museum. I volunteer a morning a week in our church office manning the telephone and making coffee and I try and walk about 30 minutes a day.

I didn't make the Jersey walking holiday in September but we have now booked another one in Austria in June. So my goal is to work up to longer walks by then.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year and the very best with all your recoveries!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Diney's got another new knee!
You may not have perfection, but it sure seems you've got the next thing to it. Back to making the kind of walks you love. Great update!
 
Diane,
Thanks for catching us up on how you are doing. Great report!
Keep us posted from time to time.:SUNsmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom