Guest viewing is limited

THR Did Your Hip Deteriorate Quickly???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elosarabrab Well hang in there...part of me just wants to get the other one done so I can be done with it
and start working on a complete recovery...so let us know when you get a date...
 
Elosarabrab. Congrats! Sorry I missed your second op date! Is all going well? Hopefully now you can get on to a complete recovery!
I have been thrilled that my other hip has actually settled down dramatically since my first surgery...obviously the bad hip was throwing it off badly...

BarbaraR. Thanks for checking on me! Yes I am SLOWLY getting back to yoga...up to 3 classes a week which is great, but not yet up to my normal 6...but thrilled to do what I can! Being very cautious this time with lunges, but almost back to normal...I am trying to work up my nerve to kick up into a handstand, but still pretty nervous - probably wait another month! How about you? Are you back to your regular class or still doing privates? What's working and what's challenging? My PT gave me glute-strengthening exercises and they have helped tremendously. (Or maybe it is just time!)
 
Annie's, I still have pain in the front of my thigh, so I've not been doing too much yoga. There's an Anusara class that I really like. I've never been able to do a handstand-- good for you that you can! (It scares me too much.). I have a lot of trouble going from downward dog forward. It's almost like the nerve and muscle memory are missing-- I have to think about it, and it used to be second nature (and is on the left side). I've also stopped PT-- couldn't see driving 20 minutes each way to walk on a treadmill and ride a stationery bike. I have an exercise routine that I do at home a few times a week with exercises I did in PT as well. Time seems to be the answer, but I'm looking forward to my follow up next month so I can talk to the surgeon about it.
 
Annie's, I am finding the recovery much easier for the second hip and its got better ROM. The right hip was the worst one being a gradual deterioration over years so the muscles got wasted. The left hip was sudden within weeks so the damage wasn't as bad.
 
Elosarabrab. Glad to hear it is going better than the first! Must be a relief to have it all behind you, but you have had one heck of a year...

BarbaraR. Yeah, going back to yoga has been much harder than I expected. That forward move from dog was terribly hard, and I just kept trying it over and over and really aggravated my glute...I'm done with official PT too, but my PT gave me a few exercises for that glute that I'm trying to stick with- think that's the only way I'll ever be able to do that move...sorry you are having thigh pain...please let me know how your next surgeon visit goes and what he says....it is so weird how different all our recoveries are...the front of my leg has been fine, but the glute just awful! Well please keep me posted about your progress!
 
Annie's did you have anterior or posterior approach? Mine was anterior, so I think that's why I'm having difficulty in the front of my thigh. It's not terrible, but just nagging, and it does stop me form doing as much as I'd like. But I'm grateful for my progress, and happy that I had the surgery.
 
I had anterior as well...just been lucky with the front muscles, and stupid with the back! I'm very happy with the surgery as well, just a little surprised at how much the arthritis and then the surgery affected the surrounding muscles...but it's getting there!
 
Annie's I figured out that the pain in the front of my thigh is a muscle spasm. So I've been working on that all day. Extended side angle pose gives me a lot of relief. I also have other issues that I think stem from disuse. The arthritis prevented me from moving into certain positions for so long at I think those muscles are atrophied. I hope you feel better soon. XO
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom