Hi @Klassy !! How did the ringing on Sunday go?I have committed myself to a quarter peal attempt on Sunday,
Are you and your husband feeling better?
Last edited:
Hi @Klassy !! How did the ringing on Sunday go?I have committed myself to a quarter peal attempt on Sunday,
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
United States
United States
Viet Nam
United Kingdom
United States
United Kingdom
United States
I was told to do this at my one year post op…by the OS! I have a few times, but in all honesty, I’ve never been comfortable with that movement and after reading this will certainly avoid it now even at five years post op.ask if there were any activities to avoid. OS replied that the one position to avoid was the ankle-on-opposite-knee. I seem to remember that the physiotherapist from Hip 1 had me doing this as a stretch, and it is how I put my socks on. But I guess I had better stop doing that. The surgeon has seen my joint and knows how it is put together, after all. He said that dislocation risk is high for the first 6 months. It is lower after that but never goes away- he has seen people come in with dislocations after 5 or 6 years.
United StatesAbsolutely hilarious!! I read it to my husband and we were both laughing out loud. You need to write! or go to Hollywood and start a sitcomMe, to desk person: Greetings, name, date of birth, yes I am paying for myself.
Desk person: Umm, let’s see, did you have a procedure?
Me, silently considering and then rejecting the answer “I was asleep at the time, but as I understand it, someone cut my leg open, dislocated it, cut off bits of bone, rammed some metal bits in there and sewed me up, is that called a procedure?”: Umm, I had a new hip?
Her: Oh right, have a seat in the waiting room.
Time passes. Surgeon calls me in to his office.
Mutual greetings.
Him: How is the hip?
Me, with enthusiasm: Great!
Him: Good, I am discharging you.
Me (who had put on my best underwear just in case): You don’t need to check anything?
Him: No, I saw the way you walked in. Just tell the staff at the main desk on your way out to discharge you.
Me, at main desk: Hi, I have been told let you know that I am discharged.
Desk person: Oh we don’t need to know. Have a nice day.
And I know you were deeply disappointed as you asked!Me (who had put on my best underwear just in case): You don’t need to check anything?

I share the feeling @Snoopy55 ! I am having insomnia in Hong Kong now and as I read Klassy's post I felt some loosening of my tightened mood.Absolutely hilarious!! I read it to my husband and we were both laughing out loud. You need to write! or go to Hollywood and start a sitcom![]()

@Layla the ankle on opposite knee position is an effective stretch for piriformis syndrome, and PTs teach patients to do this to relieve sciatica/back pain.I was told to do this at my one year post op…by the OS!
because dislocation is one of the most concerning complication!
United Kingdom
United States
Yes @Klassy , your thread has kept me entertained both before my surgery and during my recovery!@Boofit , you have read this thread twice?!!! My sympathies that your insomnia is that bad! Wishing you a good night’s sleep for your next night.