THR Diary of my journey to happy times

Woe woe is me! Alas, I have Covid.

I have been feeling grotty for a few days with what I thought was hay fever. I think I definitely was suffering with that, very high pollen count, sneezing and coughing and itchy eyed etc. And feeling sluggish but blaming it on the antihistamines I was taking. But this morning I woke up with a sore throat to go with the sniffles and I thought, this feels more like a common cold. And remembering that Omicron symptoms are reportedly like a cold, I thought, better take a test. And, positive!

My husband then tested and was negative. So we are doing the self-isolation dance around each other. But given that we have been in close contact until this morning, it may be too late.

I am feeling guilty, because we have spent 2 and bit years being sooo careful, and lately I have got fed up with it all: shopping by click and collect (we have a lifetime supply of compostable bags which are useless for anything but the compost caddy, and my compost heap just can’t cope with so many) and mask wearing, and I had begun to shop without a mask. I was thinking, the rates have been so high but lower recently, almost everyone I know has had it, surely all these other folks cheerfully shopping without masks have also had it by now and aren’t spreading it any more. So I have probably brought it home and put my husband at risk, and even if he avoids catching it, the need to isolate has put a dent in his plans for the weekend at least.

Still, looking on the positive side (not in a test result way): at least the way I have felt for the last couple of days has an explanation other than old age, so hopefully temporary. I am fully vaccinated (sigh, naively I thought a vaccine would be the end of all this) so statistically my chances of having a mild dose are good. And I don’t feel too bad at the moment. Let’s hope this is as bad as it gets, and soon I’ll be feeling better, with a good boost to my immunity as well.
 
Sorry to hear you tested positive for Covid, Klassy.
I've yet to see the method to its madness and know folks who follow no precautions that haven't gotten it, and those who have done all the precautions who still got it.

Do make sure you stay full of Vitamin C and stay plenty hydrated.
I hope it stays mild and goes away soon.:praying:
 
Ooo sorry you have covid Klassy. And hope the symptoms remain quite mild. I have also got symptoms the same as you describe with nasty cough and feeling unwell. However 4 times the test said negative. That's over a 10 day period. I'm still unwell but actually wish it was covid to get it out of the way. I also don't bother with masks now or sanitizing supermarket trolleys as nearly everyone I know has had Covid! Wishing you well.
 
@Klassy I had the same frustrating covid experience. Took all the precautions and was triple jabbed. Then what I thought was a cold was covid. Please don't feel guilty - you did all you could. The good news is your immunity is now boosted.

One thing to remember - covid really zaps your energy. What was simple becomes very tiring in the early days. Rest and don't try and push through. Hopefully this will pass quickly.

BTW - we didn't isolate and my partner never tested positive. Some are just luckier than others I guess!
 
ooh so sorry Klassy-hopefully you are just going to experience the mild version of it. I am also feeling very low energy and feel as if my immune system is compromised. I haven't had much of an appetite since I put my dog down a few days ago:(( It was all very sudden and I didn't have time to prepare for him being gone so I am just plodding around the house crying and cleaning. Anyway hope you feel better soon and for what its worth your husband may never get it as my husband and daughter were in the same house while I was away and she got it and he never did. Hope that's the case with you as well.
 
Klassy,
Hope you recover soon, it's different for everyone. We've all had Covid plus immunized but that makes no difference.
Just rest, Vitamin C and sit in sun for Vitamin D and lots of fluids.
My partner had norovirus couple months ago and I never got it.
Just depends.
Let us know how you are feeling.
 
Klassy, best wishes for a mild case and a quick recovery. Keep hydrated, and if you can get outdoors for some sun and vitamin D, by all means. Is Paxlovid available to you? Keep posting please!
 
And I don’t feel too bad at the moment. Let’s hope this is as bad as it gets, and soon I’ll be feeling better, with a good boost to my immunity as well.

Klassy, so sorry to hear you've tested positive for Covid. Though I’m glad to hear that you're not feeling too bad at the moment. As it's been days since you've been feeling grotty, you're probably getting over it soon.. Hope you get over this soon!! Maybe some white chicken soup would do some good??:chinstroke:
 
Good news, I feel a bit better. Bad news, husband has tested positive this morning.

I am very worried about him because this virus is worse for men, worse for older and he is 4 years older than me.

And I hate to see him unwell.

But if my case is mild, and it looks like it, hopefully his will be too.
 
Good news / Bad news. I’m so happy to read you’re feeling better and I’m sorry hubs has tested positive. I’m assuming your husband is vaxed and boosted as you are and hopefully he’ll do well. My dad tested positive at age 84 back in January and he’s back to his normal ol’ self. Thankfully you’re feeling better and I have faith you will nurse him back to health. :prayer:
@Klassy
 
Thanks for sharing that about your father @Layla , that’s encouraging. I am sure it must have been a worrying time for you and your family.

We do know a lot of people who have had this, and the recent cases recovered quickly, so the prospects are good.
 
I am sure it must have been a worrying time for you and your family.
Yes, it was worrying, He called to tell me himself and he sounded horrible, his voice that is, from I’m guessing the sore throat and cough. He was vaxed and boosted and the Omicron variant is weaker, so they say. He truly was not even sick for that long. I was amazed and I am very thankful.

I’ll bet your husband does well with any TLC you have energy enough to offer. Rest and sleep helps, but I do think soaking in some Vitamin D while sitting on a chair in the sun and moving about as your comfort level and energy allows helps also.
 
I hope your hubs is doing okay, Klassy. Prayers he’s not any worse today.
Thinking of you :console2:
@Klassy
 
Thanks so much for checking in @Layla .

Things aren’t bad. Husband says he is feeling better. I think he is, hoping he is not just putting on a brave face. People joke about “man-flu” but in our household I am the drama queen and my husband the one who downplays any illness.

I am definitely feeling better, in fact in an excess of optimism I decided to test myself again. Boo hiss, positive still, but not surprised really. Must be patient.

Our symptoms are somewhat different. I don’t have much appetite but the food I want (mostly fruit) tastes normal. H said his food was suddenly tasting horrible. I had to break it to him that loss of normal taste is a well known symptom. I told him it was temporary, which hopefully it will be for him. No point in ruining his blissful non-googling ignorance.

My odd symptom is clumsiness. Day 1, I knocked over a glass of orange juice. Day 2, I dropped a container of soup - fortunately before heating it so it was only messy, not painful. Day 3, I put my coffee cup on thin air next to the kitchen counter, and didn’t realise until it smashed on the tiled floor. Three in a row and I began to suspect it wasn’t just coincidence. Off to Google, to find that clumsiness is part of the brain fog caused by the neurological effect of Covid. Temporary of course, I say, channeling some of my husband’s optimism. Today I have paid very careful attention to all my movements and avoided any mishaps so far.

Anyway, I digress. This is a hip replacement forum! I am happy to report that both my hips are totally content. Even the stiffness on getting up from a chair is improved. I think they are enjoying a bit of a rest.
 
You’re welcome, Klassy.

Things aren’t bad. Husband says he is feeling better.
Music to our ears! I hope it continues.
No point in ruining his blissful non-googling ignorance.
Nothing like googling symptoms to get the stinkin thinkin going.
I put my coffee cup on thin air
You have a delightful way of making things sound funny, that really weren’t funny at the time. Very interesting though what you read about clumsiness.

No worries about non-hip updates here. We’re concerned and we care. I hope you both feel back to normal soon. Lots of rest and lots of TLC. Please keep us posted.
Hugs
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom