8 weeks anniversary!
I’ll report, just for my record, that Night 55 was another in a recent series of poor sleeps. I feel lucky to be retired, otherwise I’d feel the pressure of needing to sleep to be alert the next day. I’ve resolutely avoided napping in the hopes of a better night tonight.
Day 56 was one of high satisfaction in the Klassy household. H had the satisfaction of being right in his call yesterday to Sieze the Sunshine, because today was rainy. I had the satisfaction of oiling the iroko kitchen counters. They look superb, except round the sink area. I wouldn’t choose wood there again.
@Carriemay60 , my neighbour had a new white kitchen installed last year, with a white marble countertop that was truly exquisite. I’ll be interested to see how it stands up to time, and their 2 small children.
My ankle has been fine today, touch wood. I agree with your thinking about gait
@Mojo333 . For some decades I’ve worn orthotic inserts particularly for my pronating right foot (updated from time to time by different podiatrists). My last physio, who finally persuaded me about THR, was not a fan of orthotics and urged me to do without. I tried for a few months but developed a sore right big toe from sliding onto that part of my foot, so I went back to using the orthotics until the surgery. I want to see how my feet settle post op, so I have been wearing a previously unworn pair of shoes without the orthotics. The big toe hasn’t become sore yet, but I am beginning to clock up some miles and my ankle may be missing the orthotics. I am thinking that once I am walking well without aids I will get someone to reassess my need to replace the orthotics or not.
Did you make your snow angels
@Barbaraj ? I like the white stuff, but only for a day while it’s new and crisp and perfect. I hate it when it’s icy. We mostly don’t get too much snow, or ice, in this part of England, fine by me.
@Layla , my big little thing for today was stripping the bed, putting the sheets through the washer and dryer, and carrying the basket of clean sheets back to the bed. Right on track for the Bonesmart activity guide: week 8, change the bed! I did have H’s help to make the bed, but that’s normal. Fitted sheets are infuriating things to manage singlehanded. Yes,
carrying the basket , both hands, no aids. After giving it a rest for a couple of days I’ve been testing my aids-free walk today. I can manage about 20 yards of slow tiny steps, nice controlled heel-and-toe and no lurching, without getting any twinge in my hip. The twinge did kick in at the 21st yard, but that’s ok. I’ve made a start.