TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
@sheliac Don't worry about lifting your leg onto your desk! You are doing fine. For months after my surgery when I sat in my recliner the electric motor for the leg lift was the only thing for me to do to get my legs up. It will happen when it happens!
 
@sheliac

Guess its always such a messerschmidt of differences of what each of us can or cannot do..

Heretofore:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Loved your video! You must have some really strong quads! I'd be afraid to try that even now, but I think I will!
 
Priceless!! You made my day, Dianeshelen [emoji1]. I will use the demo tape to climb Desk Everest. You've got a strong log there.

It was cool hearing your voice!


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
I don't think it's good idea for you all to try doing what Diane does. Remember, this recovery isn't a competition. I wouldn't like any of you to hurt yourselves.
 
have some really strong quads!


Yanno, it's so weird, I don't feel like my quads or any other part of me is that strong. Maybe from years of dragging my fat body around, my legs had to be strong to carry the load, who the heck knows with so much of this
 
Thanks, Celle for the grounding. It's easy to start feeling better and go to ODIC. Not going there.




Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Unfortunately, it human nature to compare recoveries, but I understand why we shouldn't. Each of our knees are totally different.
 
Sweet video Diane. It is so hard not to try what others have done hoping it my help us. Funny I tried it and got my leg up on my desk too. But I can not seem to give up PT like others have done. Somethings we try and somethings we don't.
@uva55 and @dianehelen I know I can not pick who my son will marry but can't hurt to try. kidding!
 
So, back to Diane's knee recovery . . . . .
How is your knee today, Diane?
 
LOG is ok. Still tight and one spot on my thigh twangs a bit when I try to walk without the cane and not limp. Wednesday was 10 weeks. I guess progress from this point will be incremental at best. I am mostly back to life, shopping trips, kept to short trips.

Thanks for asking
 
10 weeks seems like a long enough time, but I bet you will make considerable progress---maybe incrementally---no huge jumps, but the gains up to about six months are big. I got to about 80%-85% at six months. 90%-95% at eight months, and I continued to gain ROM well after my one-year anniversary. I am sure that you will continue to make strong progress.

Stamina was one of the last aspects to return for me.
 
I agree about the stamina. I think it took me almost a year before I could live a normal life without feeling completely wiped out by the end of the day.
By that stage, I hardly thought about my knee, though. It had just continued to improve gradually, sometimes so quietly that I didn't realise I was starting to do things that hadn't been possible before.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom